VN Ren'Py Abandoned Our Fate - A new family [v0.15 SE] [CedSense]

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
As right and logical as that is, that doesn't stop everyone from voicing their strong and sometimes forceful opinions and potentially projecting that onto others does it?

Problem is the different expectations of game/VN players translates into quite varying degrees of emotions. If everyone were able to keep their stuff together and look at things objectively then they'd easily see your point. We both know that's not the case is it?

Despite that, there's no denying that things do happen during the development cycle and for those who do think that development has to be on time and on plan every time, I'd encourage you to try your hand at being a dev trying to render using extremely high end rigs from scratch (Plus buying assets etc that you need), having some Python training or enough coding experience to understand when things go wrong in Ren'Py/Unity/RPGM and having a story that no-one else has heard of. If you have all of those skills and are able to pump out content on a consistent basis all the time then I'll be sure to support you. Till then please try that out and see.

Every story is different with different pacing and as @Kasey said you're more than welcome to see if there's another game that takes your fancy because it just means it's not your type of story. That's fine. Keep an open mind and don't think that your opinion's the only right opinion.

EDIT: I just re-read @Eerie Entity's post again and @Eerie Entity's normally much more diplomatic (To be fair that's a fairly diplomatic response already) but for what it's worth it's not a bad attempt. You know better @Eerie Entity :p
I admit that my post at first glance can sound a little mean or come off slightly offensive, but it's not intended that way at all, it's just that there really are a lot of games out there where even after the long-winded and long-awaited H-scene happens with the main couple, the story does go on for a good while before completion, just because there are games where the story ends when said scenes are achieved doesn't mean they all do, haha :p
What @Kasey said in response to that guy pretty much sums it up in full detail, can't really add anything more that, haha :p

It's just that sometimes when you see people complaining about things or judging things, prematurely no less, before anything's even happened, and certainly before they've even played the game, it just sometimes makes you feel like:

giphy (1).gif

Haha, anyway, thanks for the shout-out :)

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
I think the earlier post by the Dev said the gold tier patreons get the game on 2.8,the lowest tier gets on 2/15, so he was assuming that was the reason we did not have it here. Of course, if you go the Patreon page, you see no posts, locked or otherwise, from Jan 27 (when he announced the pause for Feb pledges) and his post today (last night) saying that the date is moved to 2/24. that's the highest tier date.
something like that. i dont follow much on patron anymore since they begun their witch hunt, but I read something in passing that I translated to "we planned to release at X, but will do at 15th instead". mind, im not natively speaking english and I may have been dead tired and / or a little shitfaced-ish.

Reactions: paladin07

thesicksicko

May 8, 2017
I don't think once the MC fucks the daughter, the game will start to lack content. In my opinion, it will only be the beggining. He still has a long path to completely corrupt/dominate/romance up the girl. And it can be done in a long way yet. I particularly like the domination route, and think that if the producer keep doing a good job, there will be a lot of scenes to explore yet before she becomes totally submissive and broken.

MrWally

Jul 14, 2018
These developers have the decency to inform the patreons that they are not gonna make the deadline. There are also devs like high life who just stop without a word. This game is liked, the devs normally make their goals and for me its not a problem if an update is a couple of weeks later. This game is worth waiting for

Zonal12

Oct 7, 2017
People need to chill, no need to start a flame war, people have opinions, and no everybody would find these opinions rational, this happens in every walk of life, everyday. Hope we can get the game on the updated release date, 24th, and hopefully 25th for us. Finally, I hope the game isn't quick to kill development after MC finally nails the sweet lass. There's zero benefit to arguing about something that's yet to happen, especially since we're all equally powerless over how far the dev wants to take this. Hopefully, Dev sees our thread and almost everyone hoping for a prolonged period of coitus with the main girl, something the vast majority of his Patreons will agree with no doubt. Cheers.

AuroraVT

Dec 23, 2017
I think this game is amazing in the fact that both the love and corruption paths r both enjoyable. I like how the corruption path is not instantaneous, going from innocent to slave overnite. I only want it to happen faster because its so good i hate to wait but its nice to see a more realistic corruption over most of these games. The love path is also great you can feel the bond forming between them. Be interesting to see if her best friend and her will be a threesome option on one or both paths hehe. Cant wait to see next update

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Then you clearly haven't played enough games if that's what you think they all are.
Yes, some of them are like that, but not all, and I think you should wait and see what happens before you get overly worked up about something that hasn't even happened yet and start throwing tantrums.
This game right here so far has been written very well and it has a realistic touch and approach to things, highly doubtful that once we get the H-scene with the daughter, game would end there. No, believe it or not, but there is more to the story than just the relationship with the father and daughter, it does have more depth than that, so just be patient and don't be so quick to judge. :p

Usually I find myself agreeing with you a lot, but in this case, considering the usual size of updates and the speed with which the story developed so far, an ending in August or September definitely seems rushed.
The story development AND the size of updates would have to increase a lot to come to a good conclusion for all routes and story-lines in that short amount of time, especially considering that the next update will come end of February already. That's 6-7 months left at best.

sandro

May 27, 2017
Usually I find myself agreeing with you a lot, but in this case, considering the usual size of updates and the speed with which the story developed so far, an ending in August or September definitely seems rushed.
The story development AND the size of updates would have to increase a lot to come to a good conclusion for all routes and story-lines in that short amount of time, especially considering that the next update will come end of February already. That's 6-7 months left at best.
None knows better than developers team abt how and when they have to put an end to this amazing story, however since i really love this game and its my favourite coz lots of reasons id love also it had updates at least till december of this year, i think 2 years time for this great story could be the right time to make all the routes come to an enjoyable end after the immersive and right paced build up that has been this story so far.
Anyway and after 2 months and a half waiting for the next update im sure they are making a huge amazing update that surely will take all the routes quite advanced. In just abt 7-9 days we will be able to see it ;)

Mohawk01

Mar 30, 2018

Unlocked

Hello !
Back on track, so time for new previews for the next release.
Without further ado:

That's all for today. We hope everyone had a fantastic week-end !
Thank you so much for the support and being with us in the rougher times. It means a lot!
Celeste & Cedsense.

DrDerpington

Oct 6, 2017
I havent checked this game for some time and I have a question. Can somebody answer me, please? Thanks.

How did story progress with the daughter? Did something finally happen??
Or does this game still continues to copy DMD (Dating My Daughter) where every single update didnt progress anything at all and only when you were particularly "lucky" you could see perhaps daughter's boob slip or some panty shot???

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes