Mar 18, 2020
The setting is familiar but fresh, the characters are interesting and the overall story and dialogue flow really nicely.
I just have to say, great job. If the uploads keep coming I'll definitely support it.

62d9ab6b6238473734928363d7f2039a.gif

• Red Heart
Reactions: Jacquesdor

abane

Apr 18, 2017
So I recently played this for the first time and overall I’m impressed. My 2 cents if I may (long post, so fair warning):

* Although the “copycat” power concept isn't new, I like the limitations that have been baked in right from the start. I also hope to see further limitations or struggles for the MC to overcome, as that’s what makes for solid character growth. Maybe he unintentionally hurts himself, or others, putting real fear into those close to him. Or he can’t use more than two powers at once, or maybe even some powers clash and have unintended effects when used together. Here’s to hoping...

* I’m really liking the personalities of the characters. With MC, you have this “normie” who has to navigate a high-school (hierarchy) setting where nearly everyone around him can flatten him. I’ve seen the complaints on this thread, but I think his personality is done well and matches the setting. He’s pretty brave when you think about his actions and who he’s standing up to. Maybe you can argue he self-loathes a bit much, but, since he’s not immune to bullying, I can empathize with his depiction. I’m sure we’ll see a bit of evolution if Jacquesdor keeps with what he’s pulled off thus far.

* I also like the people immediately around MC. Fraser as a pseudo–narrator/guide is a nice touch. I also like the banter of Evelyn and Amber. Both take some pretty funny shots at the group. I’m also loving how Amber represents the unfavorable sides of superpowers, and I also like how shes managing to keep her head held high as best she can.

* The big one for me, I genuinely appreciate how trauma is a recurring theme of the game. And it seems like most of the characters have or continue to suffer from it. Again, Amber is great because we’re seeing her live through her struggles and those to come (possible forced relocation and separation). Then there’s the MC and Kyle, Parker and her husband, Moonsong and her brother (and parents?... can’t remember at the moment), the hint with Evelyn and her mom, not to mention her alcoholic father. No one is living a perfect life, and it’s not always power-related either. A nice contrast to the expected awe and fascination of a super power filled world. I liked it when X-Men would delve into this, so, again, love seeing it here.

I also read through the entire thread and wanted to address some of the arguments too:

* Regarding Parker, I empathize with the arguments from both sides. My guess, she’s a sex addict who’s using it as a coping mechanism. And her “having different guys over every other night,” (or whatever the line is), is in order to avoid attachment. I mean, she had the love of her life die during intimacy. How on earth do you get over that? Do you ever risk something like that happening again? Probably not. A stretch here, it may also explain why she likes younger guys too; less chance of them kicking the bucket during.

However, I also agree that sex addict isn’t always the best look for a character. I get it, it depends on the story, the genre, etc, and it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. I will agree with those saying her behavior during the birthday dinner is too much. The lead up car scene, where Evelyn talks about being nervous implies that the relationship with the MC, and indirectly with Parker, too, is on the cusp of change. Parker knows this and says it too with her “shipping” comment. This was a solid heartfelt moment in the making. It also implies a closeness between Evelyn and Parker as well. But then, Parker flips the switch.

I sorta get it if Jacquesdor is pushing a possible trauma -> sex addict character point, but to act like this on essentially your son’s birthday, and in the presence of his best friend, someone close to the family, and someone he’s very much likely to start a real relationship with, is just too much of a stretch here. And if it’s only to let the MC know he “has a chance,” with Parker, and not to reinforce trauma and that particular character trait (which it actually does, but only if my assumptions about Parker's trauma are correct), then, again, it’s a bit too much.

* Lastly, the Evelyn arguments. In game, it pretty much says that Evelyn feels what her host feels. As in, she feels the sex and experiences the orgasms. What isn’t explained, is to what degree, and I think here is the crux of the arguments I’m seeing in this thread. Is she feeling exactly, like 1:1, what the host feels? Is she feeling every aspect; every kiss, touch, spark, chill, thrust, etc? Do her powers allow her to go beyond a mental aspect, as in, is she feeling the emotions of the host? Is she experiencing her own emotions, too, during the host’s sex? If so, to what degree?

I think if we were to hear her explain the degrees of, and differences in, sex between using her powers versus having the real thing with the MC, that could alleviate some of the issues others in the thread are having. However, if she is indeed feeling everything, then I can understand the arguments against her and her sexual “innocence,” if you will. Not that she or anyone needs to be some doe-eyed maiden, but I do get the arguments, given the flashbacks and build-up to the moment when she and MC finally do the deed.

Anyway, I’m certainly looking forward to when things become clearer regarding trauma, personalities, perceptions, and the like. To you personally Jacquesdor, I’d say just keep doing exactly what you're doing because it’s pretty darn good thus far.

Last edited:

kibaris

Mar 17, 2019
So I recently played this for the first time and overall I’m impressed. My 2 cents if I may (long post, so fair warning):

* Although the “copycat” power concept isn't new, I like the limitations that have been baked in right from the start. I also hope to see further limitations or struggles for the MC to overcome, as that’s what makes for solid character growth. Maybe he unintentionally hurts himself, or others, putting real fear into those close to him. Or he can’t use more than two powers at once, or maybe even some powers clash and have unintended effects when used together. Here’s to hoping...

* I’m really liking the personalities of the characters. With MC, you have this “normie” who has to navigate a high-school (hierarchy) setting where nearly everyone around him can flatten him. I’ve seen the complaints on this thread, but I think his personality is done well and matches the setting. He’s pretty brave when you think about his actions and who he’s standing up to. Maybe you can argue he self-loathes a bit much, but, since he’s not immune to bullying, I can empathize with his depiction. I’m sure we’ll see a bit of evolution if Jacquesdor keeps with what he’s pulled off thus far.

* I also like the people immediately around MC. Fraser as a pseudo–narrator/guide is a nice touch. I also like the banter of Evelyn and Amber. Both take some pretty funny shots at the group. I’m also loving how Amber represents the unfavorable sides of superpowers, and I also like how shes managing to keep her head held high as best she can.

* The big one for me, I genuinely appreciate how trauma is a recurring theme of the game. And it seems like most of the characters have or continue to suffer from it. Again, Amber is great because we’re seeing her live through her struggles and those to come (possible forced relocation and separation). Then there’s the MC and Kyle, Parker and her husband, Moonsong and her brother (and parents?... can’t remember at the moment), the hint with Evelyn and her mom, not to mention her alcoholic father. No one is living a perfect life, and it’s not always power-related either. A nice contrast to the expected awe and fascination of a super power filled world. I liked it when X-Men would delve into this, so, again, love seeing it here.

I also read through the entire thread and wanted to address some of the arguments too:

* Regarding Parker, I empathize with the arguments from both sides. My guess, she’s a sex addict who’s using it as a coping mechanism. And her “having different guys over every other night,” (or whatever the line is), is in order to avoid attachment. I mean, she had the love of her life die during intimacy. How on earth do you get over that? Do you ever risk something like that happening again? Probably not. A stretch here, it may also explain why she likes younger guys too; less chance of them kicking the bucket during.

However, I also agree that sex addict isn’t always the best look for a character. I get it, it depends on the story, the genre, etc, and it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. I will agree with those saying her behavior during the birthday dinner is too much. The lead up car scene, where Evelyn talks about being nervous implies that the relationship with the MC, and indirectly with Parker, too, is on the cusp of change. Parker knows this and says it too with her “shipping” comment. This was a solid heartfelt moment in the making. It also implies a closeness between Evelyn and Parker as well. But then, Parker flips the switch.

I sorta get it if Jacquesdor is pushing a possible trauma -> sex addict character point, but to act like this on essentially your son’s birthday, and in the presence of his best friend, someone close to the family, and someone he’s very much likely to start a real relationship with, is just too much of a stretch here. And if it’s only to let the MC know he “has a chance,” with Parker, and not to reinforce trauma and that particular character trait (which it actually does, but only if my assumptions about Parker's trauma are correct), then, again, it’s a bit too much.

* Lastly, the Evelyn arguments. In game, it pretty much says that Evelyn feels what her host feels. As in, she feels the sex and experiences the orgasms. What isn’t explained, is to what degree, and I think here is the crux of the arguments I’m seeing in this thread. Is she feeling exactly, like 1:1, what the host feels? Is she feeling every aspect; every kiss, touch, spark, chill, thrust, etc? Do her powers allow her to go beyond a mental aspect, as in, is she feeling the emotions of the host? Is she experiencing her own emotions, too, during the host’s sex? If so, to what degree?

I think if we were to hear her explain the degrees of, and differences in, sex between using her powers versus having the real thing with the MC, that could alleviate some of the issues others in the thread are having. However, if she is indeed feeling everything, then I can understand the arguments against her and her sexual “innocence,” if you will. Not that she or anyone needs to be some doe-eyed maiden, but I do get the arguments, given the flashbacks and build-up to the moment when she and MC finally do the deed.

Anyway, I’m certainly looking forward to when things become clearer regarding trauma, personalities, perceptions, and the like. To you personally Jacquesdor, I’d say just keep doing exactly what you're doing because it’s pretty darn good thus far.

You made some good point.

but they are still some problem :

For Parker:
i dont remember anything beeing mentioned about her husband and how she losed him, and even if everything was true about that trauma, it would only justify why she fuck around and doesnt get attached.
She can have a sexual life and even if she was just fucking around just for the sake of it, she wouldnt necessarily be a bad character if she had a good developement on the side of that.
But how are we supposed to be getting attached to a person that only care about her own pleasure, placing having sex with a random stranger who disrespects her son by hiting with Evelyn right in front of her above an important in family with her son ?
And she'd still have no reason to stop fucking around even if mc would become more intimate with her later in the story since she proved us that she gives priority to her needs.

If she wasnt a love interest , i would say that she would just be an horrible mother figure and that she was written like that and it would be ok.
But since she supposed to be a love interest and that nothing can realy excuse how she act during mc birthday, it mean her writting as a character isnt good because we're supposed to be able to like that character in the end, which isn't possible here.

For Evelyn :

it's clearly said that she feel everything,sharing sense mean that it's exactly the same as if she was the person and she chose every day people who would fuck a lot during the last 3 months, so even if she didnt fuck with her real body, it's still the same as if she fucked the guy herself, except that she dont lose physicaly her virginity.

She didnt cheat on mc because they arent together, also mc only see her as a friend and only want to fuck with her in order to finaly losing is virginity because no one else is willing to .
But the pact is still her idea and the problem is that she break if and then get mad and ghosted mc because he did the same thing that she did, for the exact same motive.
The only difference was that she did it during 3 month whit hundred of random guy when mc did it only one time and only because the girl was her idol literaly trowing herself at him.

so even if her breaking the pact that way contributes to make her dislikeable, her hypocrisy about it is what really make it worst , but she also has the right not to be perfect, to make mistakes as long as she making amend for it later and it doesnt necessarily mean that she a bad character for that.

Personnaly, except Parker, my problem is more about some element of the story .

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

abane

Apr 18, 2017
Good points, let me respond to a few things here:

i dont remember anything beeing mentioned about her husband and how she losed him,
It's mentioned in a flashback by clicking the picture in Parker's bedroom. The husband had an undetected tumor and dropped dead while he and Parker were having sex.

and even if everything was true about that trauma, it would only justify why she fuck around and doesnt get attached.
Which I said, glad we agree.

She can have a sexual life ...Evelyn ... mc birthday...snip
Yeah, that birthday scene again. As I said, I think many of us agree it was too much, and I agree that it seems absurd that Parker couldn't show any restraint. I like how you said it, that she prioritized herself, and in that particular circumstance, makes it harder to like her.

I will give the benefit of doubt to Jacquesdor if more character development is planned to flesh out Parker's behavior. If not, maybe he wants to watch the world burn...

For Evelyn ... her hypocrisy ...snip
I think Jacquesdor mentioned somewhere that there will be a future conversation in which Evelyn goes into detail about her powers. Depending on how exactly they work, we may very well see the MC throw Evelyn's hypocrisy back in her face. As someone who loves conflict in his stories, I'd love to see this in a "Non Evelyn" route.

As for your spoilers, Moonsong made those decisions and such in a controlled environment, in the middle of nowhere and with the two best teachers the MC could have since its their powers he copied.

As for trust, well, I bet Moonsong and Emerald could take the MC down if needed. They also seem to have connections to MTF. I can only wonder where Jacquesdor takes the story with that. Lastly, Jacquesdor mentioned that the other girls won't be on board at first.

With the aforementioned vampire guy with similar powers, he was capable of taking what he wanted. MC specifically has limitations baked in. Remember, Moonsong talks a lot about emotions, as in both MC and his partner need to feel pleasure and orgasm together. I have a feeling it was written this way specifically to avoid any kind of forced or coerced actions (and keep the game kosher for Patreon and Steam).

As for that last scene, I can't help but think something fishy is going on. Like, I found it odd that when the MC was attacked, 3 (or more, can't remember) members of supposedly the most famous super hero team happened to be near this random parking garage and intervene. And they did so kinda quickly too. And they kill tiger guy before questioning (we never saw it). My theory, some (or all) of the heroes are working with the villains. I'm assuming MTF are the "bad guys" given the flashbacks, and with the connection to MTF that Moonsong mentions, I bet they're either in on things, or maybe they're simply being used unknowingly.

Last edited:
Reactions: kibaris

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
Good points, let me respond to a few things here:

It's mentioned in a flashback by clicking the picture in Parker's bedroom. The husband had an undetected tumor and dropped dead while he and Parker were having sex.

Which I said, glad we agree.

Yeah, that birthday scene again. As I said, I think many of us agree it was too much, and I agree that it seems absurd that Parker couldn't show any restraint. I like how you said it, that she prioritized herself, and in that particular circumstance, makes it harder to like her.

I will give the benefit of doubt to Jacquesdor if more character development is planned to flesh out Parker's behavior. If not, maybe he wants to watch the world burn...

I think Jacquesdor mentioned somewhere that there will be a future conversation in which Evelyn goes into detail about her powers. Depending on how exactly they work, we may very well see the MC throw Evelyn's hypocrisy back in her face. As someone who loves conflict in his stories, I'd love to see this in a "Non Evelyn" route.

As for your spoilers, Moonsong made those decisions and such in a controlled environment, in the middle of nowhere and with the two best teachers the MC could have since its their powers he copied.

As for trust, well, I bet Moonsong and Emerald could take the MC down if needed. They also seem to have connections to MTF. I can only wonder where Jacquesdor takes the story with that. Lastly, Jacquesdor mentioned that the other girls won't be on board at first.

With the aforementioned vampire guy with similar powers, he was capable of taking what he wanted. MC specifically has limitations baked in. Remember, Moonsong talks a lot about emotions, as in both MC and his partner need to feel pleasure and orgasm together. I have a feeling it was written this way specifically to avoid any kind of forced or coerced actions (and keep the game kosher for Patreon and Steam).

As for that last scene, I can't help but think something fishy is going on. Like, I found it odd that when the MC was attacked, 3 (or more, can't remember) members of supposedly the most famous super hero team happened to be near this random parking garage and intervene. And they did so kinda quickly too. And they kill tiger guy before questioning (we never saw it). My theory, some (or all) of the heroes are working with the villains. I'm assuming MTF are the "bad guys" given the flashbacks, and with the connection to MTF that Moonsong mentions, I bet they're either in on things, or maybe they're simply being used unknowingly.
I also think it's really weird how much the Step pronoun is emphasized as he was adopted into the family when he was very little. Parker is his Mom and Riley is his sister.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Klopdwerg

Jacquesdor

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2020
I’m going to address a few things as vaguely as I can for fear of spoilers and call it there because I can’t handle perusing this thread so much anymore. Not because I’m pissed some people don’t like it - I was always going to get people who didn’t and there are plenty that do - but because it's frustrating as most of the criticisms being levied against it, literally about 80%, are nullified if people could just be patient and wait for the story to unfold. It’s my own fault for not dumbing it down and immediately serving the whole story up on a silver platter, I guess.

Surprisingly, one of the things I thought I’d get more backlash on is the whole deception of Moonsong not being a virgin but yeah not too much in that regard. Her immediately throwing herself at MC and trusting him with so many powers however, that’s one of those things you’ll have to be patient on.

Now the Evelyn is cheating thing. Evelyn’s had her power for years and for the longest time didn’t understand how it worked. She had been unwillingly experiencing sex for a long time, years before being with MC was on the cards (at least for him). As her power had rendered her past the point of no return, so she decided “fuck it, I might as well make the most of this and at least use it to my advantage”. If she is “cheating”, then by the same logic, she is being raped every time it happens to her involuntarily. Is she being somewhat hypocritical to be mad at MC having made the decision to take advantage of her power, yes, maybe a little, but that is all addressed in future chapters. If you’re on the path where Evelyn is mad at you, some of this will be addressed pretty damn soon.

And the elephant in the room, Parker. I’ll start by admitting my faults here. For one, as a previous commenter brought up, the internal monologue MC has while he witnesses what’s going on in that restroom was completely off-base for what I really wanted to convey. He’s not horny because he’s seeing her get her pussy eaten by another guy (and just to clarify, that’s all that happens during that scene – she literally uses him for her own pleasure and sends him on his way), he’s horny simply because he’s seeing her sexually. That’s why I included the solo scene instead, because it serves the same purpose. And yes, because it’s with a younger guy and he now realizes that she could be with someone like him.

At present, that internal monologue does not come across that way and does make him come across as a bit of a cuck, and that’s totally my bad. I have re-written this scene to improve the internal monologue and have also amended some other things to make it crystal clear where I was going with it (and also why I included it in the first place when I could have just cut it).

I wanted to do things differently and make “the mother figure” a sexual being, to a fault. Is she coming across a bit too slutty? Yes she is, I'm toning it down a tad. Should she have pounced on the guy that was hitting on Evelyn and all during the MC’s birthday? No, definitely not, but again “sexual to a fault”. And maybe there’s other things going on that, again, you’d have to be patient on. Was it my intention to have Parker, or any character for that matter, immediately liked by all? No, it was not.

One thing I will be doing for future updates, is have that comfort blanket option of not seeing that scene literally occur right at the start before the game even begins, pre-empted by a message that makes it crystal clear that it is the only scene in the entire game of its kind. Because a lot of people aren’t getting that.

On another note, I appreciate all the people that have come out to defend me but please don’t stoop the level of insulting those that disagree with the choices I’ve made. I especially appreciate that guy who made a whole post about why he thinks a lot of the characters were “HOT” because that whole thing made me smile. Unfortunately, I can’t remember who you were because that post was in response to a whole argument going on and got deleted pretty quickly :(.

And I especially appreciate the mods here who’ve been working overtime on clearing up arguments and insults on both sides. You’re the real heroes.

Havenless_

Oct 12, 2020
I’m going to address a few things as vaguely as I can for fear of spoilers and call it there because I can’t handle perusing this thread so much anymore. Not because I’m pissed some people don’t like it - I was always going to get people who didn’t and there are plenty that do - but because it's frustrating as most of the criticisms being levied against it, literally about 80%, are nullified if people could just be patient and wait for the story to unfold. It’s my own fault for not dumbing it down and immediately serving the whole story up on a silver platter, I guess.
First of all, I want to say that I'm glad you came here to talk about it. I read a reply you wrote on itch.io and it left me with a very bad impression of you. I see it's already deleted and I understand that it was the heat of the moment. We are all human, after all.

That said, most of the criticisms here and itch.io were not about the story. They were about certain characters. So that "serving the story on a silver platter" thing doesn't fit here. I understand and share that characters are a vital part of a story, but you can't let your characters' personalities be the whole story.

And the elephant in the room, Parker. I’ll start by admitting my faults here. For one, as a previous commenter brought up, the internal monologue MC has while he witnesses what’s going on in that restroom was completely off-base for what I really wanted to convey. He’s not horny because he’s seeing her get her pussy eaten by another guy (and just to clarify, that’s all that happens during that scene – she literally uses him for her own pleasure and sends him on his way), he’s horny simply because he’s seeing her sexually. That’s why I included the solo scene instead, because it serves the same purpose. And yes, because it’s with a younger guy and he now realizes that she could be with someone like him.

At present, that internal monologue does not come across that way and does make him come across as a bit of a cuck, and that’s totally my bad. I have re-written this scene to improve the internal monologue and have also amended some other things to make it crystal clear where I was going with it (and also why I included it in the first place when I could have just cut it).

I wanted to do things differently and make “the mother figure” a sexual being, to a fault. Is she coming across a bit too slutty? Yes she is, I'm toning it down a tad. Should she have pounced on the guy that was hitting on Evelyn and all during the MC’s birthday? No, definitely not, but again “sexual to a fault”. And maybe there’s other things going on that, again, you’d have to be patient on. Was it my intention to have Parker, or any character for that matter, immediately liked by all? No, it was not.
Now to the topic I'm writing this for. Alright, you didn't want to make Parker the typical bored housewife with no sex life for 20 years. So, as you say, you went to the extreme. Make her sexual to the extreme. I insist that to me, just another player in your game, it makes no sense what you did with Parker. In my opinion what is totally left over and to me fails horribly in showing that Parker is "very sexual", is the MC's birthday party thing. As I said in my comment, what Parker does makes me see and think that as you say, she at that moment only thinks of herself and uses another subject for her own pleasure at her "son's" birthday party. That's what makes me see her as a selfish person. I don't want to say that she is a horrible person, but I do find what she did fucking horrible. You say you want to do things differently. I get it, but making a character a sex addict isn't much different than what we've already seen in other games. And if being "sexual to the extreme" is not being a sexually addicted person, then I don't know what is.

And, now... "But it's just a simple optional scene, isn't it?" Yes, I know it is. Pretty much the player decides whether to watch Parker masturbate or watch her with another guy. While neither scene seems appropriate to me, the scene where she masturbates seems more appropriate to me. I know you've been told this already and you'll have your reasons, but I really don't see any point in adding an optional scene in a game like this (even if it's just 1 render) just to show that Parker likes young men and that the MC has a chance with her. I don't know, I don't see any sense in having (or being able to) see her that way just to realize that. You write your story and your MC, but it is much more natural that the MC's eventual and possible feelings towards Parker are, well, more natural. To me it's a bit ridiculous that those possible feelings are based on seeing her sexually with a young man or seeing her masturbating thinking about young cocks.
If you like someone, even if she is your mother figure, isn't it easier to act naturally about that?
Or is it only possible that your feelings awaken because you see her having sex with another guy your age? Before that you didn't feel the slightest attraction? Or was it necessary to see her like that for you to have the balls to do something with that attraction? I don't understand.

I'm not one of those people who usually say "lol she's fucking someone else before she met the MC, what a slut she is." But that's basically what I thought of Parker, the person who should be looking out for you the most, when he did what he did at the birthday party. I know I'm repeating myself with that but it was what bothered me the most. It sounds like you already have your whole story planned out and I respect and admire that. But I highly doubt anything happens in the story to make me think "I shouldn't have been mad about that", as you say, in regards to Parker. I know I'm in no position to ask for anything, but just as you ask us to be patient with the characters and the reasons why they do certain things, I personally ask for your understanding for showing our discomfort with said actions the characters do. Don't expect us not to react badly to something we find wrong. I don't share the opinion of those who insult you nor do I encourage those comments, but I insist that you understand the anger (moderate, without going to extremes) and that a "believe me" or "be patient" or "you don't know the whole story" is not enough. We react to what we see, what we have and what we feel.

I really like to have pleasant and respectful debates and I write this with all my respect for you and your work. I'm just expressing my opinion and I really like seeing developers share their games and opinions here on the page. I don't like that they leave this site just because of a few comments. My criticism is not intended to be offensive, but I apologize if it was part of what gave you a bad time. As I say, we are all humans with feelings and as you can see, I have them too. Otherwise, I wouldn't write this with so much "passion."

Last edited:

Jacquesdor

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2020
Everything you said.
Hey! Thank you for this. I'm all for respectful criticism. That's part of why I lost my cool a bit with the Itch comment you mentioned. Because a lot of it wasn't respectful, and honestly straight up lies (I'm talking things like the guy who said there is going to be futa content so "expect heavy NTR" or that there is a cuck variable), and its really disheartening to see people try to warn off other people from your game you've sank thousands of hours into for things that just aren't true. I'm trying to develop thicker skin to let these people get to me less, but I'm a newbie at all this so it will take time.

I don't have much time to respond now, but I will say I get a lot of the criticism against Parker. What she did was a bit too much and like I said MC's inner monologue doesn't really convey my true intention. I'm hoping the rewrites and subsequent chapters will somewhat get across what I'm really going for in the long long game... but yeah... must... not... spoil.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
if people could just be patient and wait for the story to unfold
It's a huge problem with the entire avn community. A lot of people have a very low threshold for discomfort, and no willingness to let a dev cook.

This is great so far, I'm personally enamored as hell with all the women, and I didn't want to see Parker get eaten out and shocker... I didn't cause I didn't pick those options.

I get not wanting to see a LI's past sexual encounters, but if the option to have it not happen is there I'll never understand why some people get so bent about it.

I've seen a few devs be driven away by the community that had really promising stories, please know that there are plenty of folks enjoying this that aren't necessarily posting because the squeaky wheels are always the loudest.

Last edited:

divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023
Hey! Thank you for this. I'm all for respectful criticism. That's part of why I lost my cool a bit with the Itch comment you mentioned. Because a lot of it wasn't respectful, and honestly straight up lies (I'm talking things like the guy who said there is going to be futa content so "expect heavy NTR" or that there is a cuck variable), and its really disheartening to see people try to warn off other people from your game you've sank thousands of hours into for things that just aren't true. I'm trying to develop thicker skin to let these people get to me less, but I'm a newbie at all this so it will take time.

I don't have much time to respond now, but I will say I get a lot of the criticism against Parker. What she did was a bit too much and like I said MC's inner monologue doesn't really convey my true intention. I'm hoping the rewrites and subsequent chapters will somewhat get across what I'm really going for in the long long game... but yeah... must... not... spoil.
Don't take to long, I'm in my 60's and would love to see the end of it :ROFLMAO:.

holaje12

Dec 17, 2018
Theres nothing that could be shown to us that would make Parker's actions justifiable or make sense. First, you dont need to see someone fucking to start being attracted to them, the fuck??:WaitWhat: how does that make any fucking sense.
Second, the action itself is disgusting. You are choosing to fuck a random asshole during your son's birthday. Is there a better way to show you dont give a fuck about someone? I dont think so.
Third, the cuck dialog is the least offensive thing about this because it fits very well with the whole vibe of the scene and Parker's character all together. A whore fucking a different guy every night ( is someone going to tell me that doesnt make her a whore? I bet there will be:FacePalm:) that doesnt even care to be quiet about it so her son has to hear it all.
It is clear she doesnt give a fuck about him, the birthday stuff just confirms it. Tbh this character is one of the most disgusting and least likeable characters I have seen in AVNs, even in ntr games the girls usually have to be corrupted first before they start acting this deranged, and it is usually against a husband who deserves it, not their "son" who they supposedly care so much about:LUL:

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
but because it's frustrating as most of the criticisms being levied against it, literally about 80%, are nullified if people could just be patient and wait for the story to unfold. It’s my own fault for not dumbing it down and immediately serving the whole story up on a silver platter, I guess.
What do you mean? You don't start at the end when you're reading a book? How else will you find out who murderer is???

I watch EVERYTHING when I play a VN for the first time. I mean, it's a fictional rendered story, I can handle the LI's not being all virgins........

I know I've been one of the more vocal regarding the....people that complains to a fault because something doesn't fit their opinion on how things should be but it just pisses me of. This has started as a incredible interesting story and I'm VERY psyched to see what it becomes and it sucks that you think this way, PLEASE don't dumb it down! :)

Jacquesdor

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2020
What do you mean? You don't start at the end when you're reading a book? How else will you find out who murderer is???

I watch EVERYTHING when I play a VN for the first time. I mean, it's a fictional rendered story, I can handle the LI's not being all virgins........

I know I've been one of the more vocal regarding the....people that complains to a fault because something doesn't fit their opinion on how things should be but it just pisses me of. This has started as a incredible interesting story and I'm VERY psyched to see what it becomes and it sucks that you think this way, PLEASE don't dumb it down! :)
Don't worry I won't. I was being sarcastic.

arcanix507

Mar 19, 2023
I see there's quite a bit of debate here about a birthday party scene (I never saw it, so I'm not qualified to comment).
To keep things positive, I just wanted to say that I really like what I've seen of this game so far. I find the worldbuilding fascinating, the personalities believable and the writing engrossing.
I can't wait to see how the story unfolds and how MC's powers develop, not to mention seeing more of the women!

RpWolf

Nov 22, 2023
I'm going to give my opinion about the game, firstly making it clear that I have no intention of offending the developer, but if it seems that way it's because my English is rubbish.

I like Evelyn and Amber's interactions with the MC, their banter and how they seem to be good friends.

I look forward to seeing more moments with Amber and what sexual interactions with her will be like.

Regarding Evelyn, I personally don't like how her power works, and I would prefer it to have more to do with her being a bystander than her actually feeling the entire sexual act itself, this doesn't make me dislike her as LI, but I hope that from the moment Evelyn and the MC start having sex, she will be able to better control her power so as not to be linked to other people.

About Moonsong, I really liked her and the sex scenes, I would just prefer her to be a virgin, not because I think all women in games have to be virgins, it's just that some of them I like because of their personality.

Emerald, for example, I don't mind that she's not a virgin and I really liked the sex scenes with her.

When it came to choosing between having sex with Moonsong or refusing, fulfilling the promise MC made to Evelyn, I thought I would be punished with one less sex scene for doing what was the right choice for me, but to my pleasant surprise, this choice gave me sex with Evelyn and Moonsong.

About Parker, I really don't like her either as a LI or as a mother figure, I have no problem making it clear that she is very sexually active, what I don't like is how she acts about it, on the MC's birthday she flirts and goes to the bathroom with the waiter, or masturbates thinking about him, a waiter who also flirted with Evelyn who acted differently, this shows that Parker only cares about the pleasure she can feel with some random man, and the comment that MC talks about how after Parker's husband died, she brought men home to have sex without caring if MC was there and whether that would make him uncomfortable, this only supports the idea that she only cares about sex. This makes me believe that even if she had a romantic relationship with the MC, if a young man flirted with her, Parker wouldn't mind having sex with him.

If Parker hadn't reciprocated the waiter's flirting and just masturbated when he got home, and the MC's comment had been that he knows that since Parker's husband passed away she's had several casual encounters but never brought any of them home to not make MC and Riley uncomfortable, combined with the conversation Parker had with MC and Evelyn at the restaurant about her having previously worked as a stripper and having started her sex life when she was much younger than MC, it would be clear that she is very sexually active, but she still has some self control and cares a lot more about family than sex, that would make me see her in a much better light.

In a general context, I liked the game, the theme, the female models and the sex scenes, only Parker that I really didn't like, and the MC being turned on by Parker's sexual interactions with other men.

drdiver3

Apr 11, 2023
You should consider spoilering your post.

. She's much more interesting as written and plays better with the themes the game is developing.

I agree with the thrust of you comments on the

Reactions: johndoe19
4.10 star(s) 49 Votes