• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
3.90 star(s) 43 Votes

Metal Panic

Jun 5, 2023
Wow, fantastic vn, shame it´s abandoned...
Seems to be the case for a lot of VNs these days. It looks like we shouldn't care too deeply about these games/it's characters/story unless if the Devs are close to finishing the game or the game is already completed.

I want to see Devs who are really passionate about their game, care about it deeply, and will work on getting it finished and completed no matter what.

Few games can grab/hook us from the start/beginning, but many of them drop and let us fall, even quicker.

Reactions: Caninenappe

TheHypest

Apr 6, 2023
Seems to be the case for a lot of VNs these days. It looks like we shouldn't care too deeply about these games/it's characters/story unless if the Devs are close to finishing the game or the game is already completed.

I want to see Devs who are really passionate about their game, care about it deeply, and will work on getting it finished and completed no matter what.

Few games can grab/hook us from the start/beginning, but many of them drop and let us fall, even quicker.
It is not easy to sustain such a large project especially when al parties are doing so voluntarily.

Metal Panic

Jun 5, 2023
It is not easy to sustain such a large project especially when al parties are doing so voluntarily.
That's what I mean. They should think about everything before jumping into it, so we can stop getting good games that end up abandoned for one reason or another. Easier said than done but, things need to change.

TheHypest

Apr 6, 2023
That's what I mean. They should think about everything before jumping into it, so we can stop getting good games that end up abandoned for one reason or another. Easier said than done but, things need to change.
it started as a hobby and grew into something much larger than i anticipated.

Metal Panic

Jun 5, 2023
it started as a hobby and grew into something much larger than i anticipated.
Is it too much for you to handle? or can you find a way to evolve and adapt to the growth? you can be open about it. Speak your mind, say your thoughts. Let people know what is up. Do you need time? a break? more people? ask for help, look for new people etc

I don't know the whole story here, about what is going on so, sorry if I am clueless.

TheHypest

Apr 6, 2023
Is it too much for you to handle? or can you find a way to evolve and adapt to the growth? you can be open about it. Speak your mind, say your thoughts. Let people know what is up. Do you need time? a break? more people? ask for help, look for new people etc

I don't know the whole story here, about what is going on so, sorry if I am clueless.
i need an artist

Metal Panic

Jun 5, 2023
i did some time ago, got literally no response. It is very hard to get a skilled dedicated artist.
Oh, sorry to hear that :( If anything, make a new post (if you can) and make ones elsewhere. I am sure there is an artist somewhere, waiting to be called upon. Even in random threads you'll see an artist or two, especially ones doing fanart.

Maybe the fanart section? this game must surely have some fanart. Think outside the boxes, reach beyond the unreachable.

Amnios

Donor
Dec 27, 2018
Where do you get your time machine?

Almost all of these games are created by a team of one or two people, meaning there is no slack and no backup. What you're asking for isn't just unrealistic it's impossible.

Reactions: Mopsi and TheHypest

Metal Panic

Jun 5, 2023
What you're asking for isn't just unrealistic it's impossible.
Nothing is impossible, only if you let your mind think it is, then it shall be.

If I was a Dev and decided to one day make my own project, I would make sure to think of all the pros, cons, and move forward with a plan, backup plan, and a plan for the backup and more after that. Not thinking it's going to be easy peasy and know that it can get very difficult the longer you're in it.

All I meant is, if you're going to get into this, make sure you have thought about everything or at least most of everything that can go wrong or bad. Have a backup artist just in case you lose one, same with a writer or whatever else. And that you won't give up and will keep going and trying everything that is possible.

But like I said, everything is easier said than done.

DanLong

Mar 23, 2018
This was a good game ... do hope that the dev finds a good artist! I have been wanting to make some games myself but have also run into the issue of not being an artist of any skill myself ... :ROFLMAO:

I tried! I downloaded all the software. Did lots of skill learning in DAZ3D, learned Ren'Py as well as Blender, Unity, and even Unreal Engine ... Still, I have no skill or ... patience maybe? for the developement of actual models and all that is graphically needed to create a game or novel. Maybe I just need to try again?

Reactions: TheHypest

TheHypest

Apr 6, 2023
Seems like there's quite a few on this forum that do Fan Art. Might be a place to look.
There's a huge difference between doing fan art and one off renders and doing hundreds of renders for an update. I run into the same problem again and again. I'd actually like to focus simply on writing and let someone else project manage it if possible

• Sad
Reactions: CSK92

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
There's a huge difference between doing fan art and one off renders and doing hundreds of renders for an update. I run into the same problem again and again. I'd actually like to focus simply on writing and let someone else project manage it if possible
I know it's not the same but you could flip into a comic/graphic novel if you could handle doing a few renders.. just a thought.

3.90 star(s) 43 Votes