VN Ren'Py Once Again [Development Thread]

What's your favorite girl that has been revealed so far?

• Summer

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Autumn

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Winter

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Haru

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Elara

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ParaloopLampy

Sep 18, 2023
If you had the chance go back in time to fix the worst year of your life, would you take it?

Or would you rather not risk destroying the reality you know?

Will you save her?

1000014495.png

"Once Again" is a story driven not by obligation, but by your own willpower. After experiencing death and waking up a year in the past, you realize the limitless power at your disposal; you could win the lottery, or even stop a tragedy!

However, as things start to change around you, you start to see the effect you have on the world. You realize; is it worth risking the universe’s demise due to your own selfish endeavors? Or, will the world fall anyway if you don’t intervene? Can you save the town? And, most importantly,
will you save her?

Once Again is structured as a straightforward visual novel with occasional freeroam elements, freedom of choice, and a dynamic story influenced by your decisions. Your choices will not only affect your relationship with the characters around you, but will also shape the path you are going. Will you be chaotic and change the world without thinking of the consequences? Or will you be lawful and follow the rules of time?

Other mechanics and features of the game are:

• A dark story lit up by fun characters and lighthearted writing.
  • A toggle for nsfw content. Play the game with your parents or friends around!
  • 10 planned love interests, each with distinct personalities (and interests )
  • A system called the CNL system, that will impact your adventure and add replayability.
  • Skateboarding contests! A unique minigame system. No more tedious school mini games, just a fun part of the story to give our MC his own life.
  • Fun events and dates, whether it be going to an amusement park with the girl of your choice or showing up to a characters event to cheer them on!
Follow this thread to get some insight into our development process, catch some sneak peeks, and ask some questions that I will try to answer! Thank you all for your interest in Once Again!

Want some updates outside of this site? Join our or follow our :)

We also have a patreon now!

Last edited:

ParaloopLampy

Sep 18, 2023
It sounds interesting. You have some unique options listed.
I sent a request to your Discord.

I played with the overview. :sneaky:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hey Saint! I think I saw you jump in the discord, but the discord was all set up by me so its a bit basic right now. I'm not on this website much, what do you mean you played with the overview?
I appreciate your interest so much though!!!!

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Hey Once,
I just saw the pics. They look great.
In the spoiler, I called it an overview. I do proofreading here so I can't help but tinker with everything I read. :giggle: A bad habit.

Reactions: ParaloopLampy

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
If you could go back in time to fix the worst year of your life, would you do it?

Or would you rather not chance reality as you know it falling into pieces?

View attachment 3318087

"Once Again" is a story driven not by obligation, but by your own willpower. After experiencing death and waking up a year in the past, you realize the limitless power at your disposal; you could win the lottery, or even stop a tragedy!

However, as things start to change around you, you start to see the effect you have on the world. You realize; is it worth risking the universe’s demise due to your own selfish endeavors? Or, will the world fall anyway if you don’t intervene? Can you save the town? And, most importantly,
will you save her?

Once Again is structured as a straightforward visual novel with occasional freeroam elements, freedom of choice, and a dynamic story influenced by your decisions. Your choices will not only affect your relationship with the characters around you, but will also shape the path you are going. Will you be chaotic and change the world without thinking of the consequences? Or will you be lawful and follow the rules of time?

Other mechanics and features of the game are:

• A dark story lit up by fun characters and lighthearted writing.
  • A toggle for nsfw content. Play the game with your parents or friends around!
  • 10 planned love interests, each with distinct personalities (and interests )
  • A system called the CNL system, that will impact your adventure and add replayability.
  • Skateboarding contests! A unique minigame system. No more tedious school mini games, just a fun part of the story to give our MC his own life.
  • Fun events and dates, whether it be going to an amusement park with the girl of your choice or showing up to a characters event to cheer them on!
Follow this thread to get some insight into our development process, catch some sneak peeks, and ask some questions that I will try to answer! Thank you all for your interest in Once Again!

Want some updates outside of this site? Join our or follow our :)
Absolutely loved it:love:!
Looking way more interesting(y). The renders and characters are just

Pls do add "will you save her?" line in overview.

Congrats;)!

KEEP GROWING!

GOLDLUCK!
:coffee: ParaloopLampy

ParaloopLampy

Sep 18, 2023
Absolutely loved it:love:!
Looking way more interesting(y). The renders and characters are just

Pls do add "will you save her?" line in overview.

Congrats;)!

KEEP GROWING!

GOLDLUCK!
:coffee: ParaloopLampy
I really appreciate the kind words! The crew also loves the kind word too and I'll make sure to pass it on. I fixed the overview, I have some ideas on how to make it more interesting but I'm exhausted so I'll think about it after I sleep haha

ParaloopLampy

Sep 18, 2023
NOW INTRODUCING...
THE MAIN CHARACTER!! (Default name Justin)

MC_tt_art_Camera_1_nvidia.png
Once a social outcast, current day MC Reynolds is what many men in the world wish they could be. Before the start of this story, he could generally be described as strong, athletic, attractive, and a womanizer! However, his past tells a different story, painting him as an amazing friend and secret softie. How could you describe him after the start of the story, you ask? Well, that's up to you! As soon as you start Once Again, you- the player- are now MC Reynolds. You can make him a sarcastic prick that only cares about himself, a sweetheart that only wants everyone else to be happy, or anywhere in between! You can't change his past, but you can shape his future.

ParaloopLampy

Sep 18, 2023
NOW ENTERING THE ARENA
Winter Willows

1000014828.png
Though her name may give the impression of her personality being that of an ice queen, Winter may be the warmest girl you'll ever meet. Optimistic, bubbly, and outgoing, it is unlikely you'll find Winter alone, often surrounded by men and women alike. Regardless of her options, though, she only has eyes for one man; MC.
MC and Winter's history can be summed up as MC constantly repaying her for her kindness. Even though Winter realized she absolutely loved MC as young as in middle school, he ignored her advances, thinking she was just teasing him. However, she's become determined to prove to MC that her love for him isn't a joke.
Outside of her feelings for mc, she excels in pretty much anything put in front of her, from school to music. Her dream job is being a solo musician, having played guitar since she was 8, after learning piano as well. While she could become famous and elevate beyond the reach of MC and out of Echo Lake, she doesn't want to; she wants to remain where her first love and best friends reside. However, only time could possibly tell whether her trust in her relationships will be the reason she soars, or the reason she falls.

Edit for info: Echo Lake is the name of the city Once Again takes place in :)

Last edited:

ParaloopLampy

Sep 18, 2023
I beg to differ. :cautious:

But in all seriousness, this looks pretty good with a possibly fairly unique storyline. Just make the minigames skippable and I'm down to give it a shot.
Your mc hasn't shown his face yet how am I supposed to compare :cry:

But I'm happy to see your support! I actually really enjoyed Move The Chains when i played it :)Mini games definitely should be skippable if not optional in general. I personally don't mind mini games on first playthroughs but I hate them on second playthroughs, and I know some people hate them on the first. So that's something we plan on :)

Last edited:

ParaloopLampy

Sep 18, 2023
A new character rolls in!
Introducing Elara Mulligan!

1000015332.png

The title of Echo Lakes' hottest, coolest hot-head goes to Elara, a punk chick so good at skateboarding she went semi pro at age 13. Often seen paired with her best friend , they dominate the local skatepark, and Elara finds pride in teaching younger less experienced skaters the ropes.
Elara grew up in a male dominated household, with three older brothers. She was closest to her brother Teddy; while Teddy was never the best influence on her, he introduced her to skateboarding, and would be the person that initially filmed and uploaded footage of Elara skating onto MeToob, a constant routine for them that would get her a lot of attention, eventually getting invited to competitions. Recently, though, her ban has been lifted... but will she take a step back into the pro scene?
While certain circumstances caused her to be banned from competitions at age 16, she never stopped practicing, and her competitive spirit grew larger the more time she spent away from competitions. Though she's gone down the wrong path in life, she pushed herself back up, and broke through the emotional chains that held her down.
Elara is a fun, punk loving, mischievous skater, who loves to get a rise out of other people, in more ways than one. While coming off as cool or even cocky, shes surprisingly quick to irritation, though its not something she's proud of. Lately, she's found particular satisfaction in teasing MC, creating a verbal dynamic between the two that would make a sailor blush. She may seem like she always needs to dominate the conversation... but deep down, this tigress has a desire to be tamed.

Lampy note: Here's a bonus that's just her model, in case you wanted to see what she looks like below the waist. ;)
image.png

Last edited:

ParaloopLampy

Sep 18, 2023
Sliding her way on to the roster...
Haru Fujiwara!
1000016431.png

Born to businessman Shoji and housewife Lin, Haru lived in Japan for a large amount of her childhood. They named her after the Japanese word for Spring; as spring is a season of rebirth, Harus parents used their child's birth as motivation to create new lives for themselves. She moved to America at age 10, already knowing plenty of English. Once being saved by a café worker in Shibuya, owning her own café became her dream, much to the disdain of her (now wealthy and opportunistic) father. Even though her father disapproves, she still works a café job after school, hoping to learn enough to eventually manifest her dream into reality. Even though she spends lots of time working or gaming, expect to see her getting the highest grades in ever subject in the University. Studying is like a 3rd hobby for her.

Making friends for her is not a difficult task; however, she prefers online communication and relationships over in person interaction. She is very shy in person, scared to mess up her near perfect English, and embarass herself. However, even though her English is near perfect, she has never been able to grasp idioms and expressions very well. Love is also a language she is not fluent in, getting easily scared over the prospect of even being kissed. Many think this makes her even cuter than she already is. Will she ever break out of her shell? Or will she remain the cute, timid Haru that we know her as today?

Lampy note: i love her sm. Shy girls are always my favorite. Also, with no love experience, comes no sex experience, so anyone into innocent girls: Haru may be the one for you. ;)

ParaloopLampy

Sep 18, 2023
She's not gone... she's right here!
Summer Anderson
1000016242.png
The closest thing to a sister MC has, Summer's family took in MC when he was 5 after his parents passed away. While she wasnt a fan of MC when she was younger, due to her being an only child before his inclusion, she eventually grew to be protective and fond of her new little brother. (she would never admit it, though)
Summer was always mature for her age, quickly disposing of her toys as a child for advanced books and sports. Her status as a star volleyball player and academic elite led her to be part of the popular crowd. Secretly, however, she would rather hang out with her best friends Winter and Faye, or with MC and his dumb (but entertaining) friends.
Though MC and Summer are not blood relatives, she has never treated him as anything besides her annoying little brother. However, as he's grown into a handsome man, her feelings are starting to change... and depending on how MC treats her, she may not be able to stop herself from seeing him as something more.

ParaloopLampy

Sep 18, 2023
This is looking good, I must say I'm intrigued.

But we now have a Winter, Spring (Haru) and Summer... so there is an Autumn yet to be announced, I wager? You can't leave the quartet unfinished, right? :)
Autumn coming very soon ;) my dumb ass had to make some model changes, but she ended up great and I'm very happy to show her off within the next couple days :D

I'm glad you're intrigued! Main goal is to keep everyone entertained throughout!