3.20 star(s) 26 Votes

Oppai Auteur

Developer of Old Friends and Public Transport
Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
Hey guys, I need your help again!

The render times have been reduced thanks to this new pc, however I've run into a problem. It seems Daz3D is refusing to use my new GPU during renders, it just sits at 0% usage. The new CPU is more powerful than my old one which is why the redner times have already reduced but the point of putting this much money into a GPU as well was to use it for iray renders.

Anyone run into this issue themselves, or know someone who has?

Thanks again folks :)
No need guys, got some answers.

I posted on other parts of the forum and got some great help, was told this asset would help a bunch..

I hope this will knock these render times down

Oppai Auteur

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
Did some tests with the new asset, its managed to get a 3h 40min render down to 1h 20min with little quality loss. The background lost the most detail but I dont know about you guys but I'm not really bothered by that

Here is some examples...

Original render
MSJhome B.jpg

Compressed render
MSJhome B2.jpg

Any thoughts guys?

Reactions: Hadgar and L☹VE

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
I can almost see some loss in detail, but (1) it's harder to tell in darker shots like this and (2) if it's mostly backgrounds, that's a personal development choice.

There is a game called "A Wife and Mother". The developer takes inordinate (by comparison) time generating his scenes because he wants everything perfect - lighting, backgrounds, shadows, etc.

It's a stylistic choice, but it also slows down releases. That irritates a section of gamers. Combined with a "slow burn" story pace, he takes double damage.

I'm a patient guy. My life doesn't hang in the balance over a single game's release date. So, if a dev wants to expend more of his personal time making his own vision realized, I say, have at it!

Just recognize, there is a segment of people who couldn't give a rats patootie about backgrounds. They primarily want quick (and sexy) updates.

So, once again and as always, the choice is really up to you.

Reactions: Oppai Auteur

jaydem

Sep 8, 2017
I'm in agreement with @Ignatz, I can go either way, as sometimes for some people, background won't matter much. More character perfection and story can carry it, if it is clear, that the where isn't important that much.

I'm with @Ignatz, as it needs to be what you can live with Brother, and what you personally feel, about the pros and cons of it.
I'm sure that it's not much help, what ever you decide, is good with us....Lol!!...........Peace!!

Oppai Auteur

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
I can almost see some loss in detail, but (1) it's harder to tell in darker shots like this and (2) if it's mostly backgrounds, that's a personal development choice.

There is a game called "A Wife and Mother". The developer takes inordinate (by comparison) time generating his scenes because he wants everything perfect - lighting, backgrounds, shadows, etc.

It's a stylistic choice, but it also slows down releases. That irritates a section of gamers. Combined with a "slow burn" story pace, he takes double damage.

I'm a patient guy. My life doesn't hang in the balance over a single game's release date. So, if a dev wants to expend more of his personal time making his own vision realized, I say, have at it!

Just recognize, there is a segment of people who couldn't give a rats patootie about backgrounds. They primarily want quick (and sexy) updates.

So, once again and as always, the choice is really up to you.
I'm in agreement with @Ignatz, I can go either way, as sometimes for some people, background won't matter much. More character perfection and story can carry it, if it is clear, that the where isn't important that much.

I'm with @Ignatz, as it needs to be what you can live with Brother, and what you personally feel, about the pros and cons of it.
I'm sure that it's not much help, what ever you decide, is good with us....Lol!!...........Peace!!
Its pretty likely I'll go this route for future renders. I've done more tests and the loss of background detail is only really noticable on this render due to the large amount of lines in the brickwork and sidewalk. Most of the other assests have less complicated walls and floors so you wont really notice it

It's barely noticable on the lighting and characters and that's what is more important in my mind. As long as we dont have pixelated tits and pussy I'm happy lol

And I would assume you guys would be happy as well...although this is the internet so you never know what fetishes people have :p

Reactions: jaydem

jaydem

Sep 8, 2017
Its pretty likely I'll go this route for future renders. I've done more tests and the loss of background detail is only really noticable on this render due to the large amount of lines in the brickwork and sidewalk. Most of the other assests have less complicated walls and floors so you wont really notice it

It's barely noticable on the lighting and characters and that's what is more important in my mind. As long as we dont have pixelated tits and pussy I'm happy lol

And I would assume you guys would be happy as well...although this is the internet so you never know what fetishes people have :p
Bless Ya Laddie!! I can live with your decision whole heartedly..........Now I'm ready for some romantic dates and action, from my main Momma.......Lol!! The rest can slow burn.....Momma needs to have a lot of action, till the others finally join in........Lol!!

Happy work Brother!!........................Peace!!

Oppai Auteur

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
I've been silent on here for nearly a week, so I'm just jumping in with a little progress update folks!

All the new scenes in Day 1 are done, like I said in another post they are there to make the game flow between days a little better. About half of Day 2 is done as well, this is the day I said would be a little shorter and that I didnt want to pad it out, even though its a little shorter it does introduce Sarah's friend Katie who I have a lot of fun writing. After that its onto Day 3, which gives a full introduction of James' day job and introduces the characters of Ariana and Pepper as well

I will say this update will get the story set up all finsihed. The characters and their day to day life will be established, so this is going to be the last update without sexual content (i'm sure you're all happy to hear that lol)

But this update will also set up the formula to be used from here on out...

I've said in other posts this games is planned out pretty far, however it was all planned out with the idea that one update means one day of the story. The new pc and the general pacing of the story needs this to change other wise people and myself are going to be frustrated at the development. This is not me rushing to the sex btw, its more to do with the shorter days will less major events being bad for singular updates, so from now on the updates will take a little longer and feature multiple days of story.

So yeah the update after this will be giving you some sex, but its going to be a longer wait lol

One last thing, if I said to you this woman was James' Mom would you believe that?

I'm NOT, I repeat, NOT adding incest, she just needs to be in the story at some different points and what better way to introduce her than a nice nude shot :p

(Honestly I hope the answer is yes cause I kinda love how she turned out!)

Madison Intro.jpg

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Now. c'mon, you can't honestly put up a shot of a nude woman, suggest she is MC mom and NOT expect all of us to think "incest". I mean, if she had been all clothed, maybe (but probably still, since we're all pervs here).

That out of the way, yeah, she looks great. Nice job! As for longer waits, well, it's all about expectations, isn't it. Even if it's longer waits, you still need to be careful about hitting your (extended) deadlines.

And, of course, regular communication always takes the edge off.

Oppai Auteur

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
Now. c'mon, you can't honestly put up a shot of a nude woman, suggest she is MC mom and NOT expect all of us to think "incest". I mean, if she had been all clothed, maybe (but probably still, since we're all pervs here).
A breath of fresh air :FeelsGoodMan:
Black woman and no mom and son incest, anything more like this and it will end up looking like I'm trying way to hard to be different on here lol

Hadgar

Jun 2, 2017
Black woman and no mom and son incest, anything more like this and it will end up looking like I'm trying way to hard to be different on here lol
You do not understand. It's too cruel to introduce a hot mom in the game and not add a romance with her. Why do you do this to us? For what?!

3.20 star(s) 26 Votes