VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes
Dec 8, 2017
I ended up so absorbed in the demo, that I binged it in one sitting. Great visuals, enjoyable writing and characters.

I really hope that Amy/Kate scene ends up in a future update. It was something I wanted before even seeing the teaser CG, my body is ready! :eazyHype:

+1 Patron

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
I've been reading this novel off and on the past week, and I just finished the beach scene where you are drinking beers with James. Not sure how much there is to go as there is a lot of narration, especially for a 0.1 release. I just thought I'd give my opinion to what I have seen so far...

Firstly, I love the art! To me in isn't typical, therefore it is fresh and invigorating! I like the story and there seems to be a lot of thought and I'm sure the developer has a story board planned out way in advance. But I feel there has been a lot of positive comments and I probably don't need to rehash all of them again. What I want to do is concentrate on my critiques of the game so far. Just to be clear, I'm not trying to tell the developer how to make a game. It's just a few things that I found that were lacking and I'm just airing them out for science. Yeah, we'll go with science for now...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Phew. Well I hope you don't think I just wanted to bitch about your creation for shits 'n' giggles. These were opinions to try to help you come up with your own ideas on how you want to make your project become what you dreamed it could be! In truth, I really have enjoyed what I have seen so far and I hope your vision become a reality.

Cheers!

zabuza1

Jan 4, 2018
an unexpected gem
While the game element(choices and consequences) were not present the game is amazing.

The art is unique and beautiful, did not expect such high quality art for a v0.1 game, the amount of art in the game is also astounding. The only issue I've seen with the art is some body parts are a bit out of place but It was still good enough. 9/10

The story while linear is very rich. It manages to be light and funny while still having some emotional moments. 10/10

The game is in my top 5 for VNs.

I hope the owner of the game continues to work on the game or at least make similar games.

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
lots of people praise the art, i mean it's not bad but it needs way more work. especially that bj scene with Nina at the end of the demo. Anatomy doesn't work that way. well most art for the sex scenes need work. The rest of the game is fine as it is.
I quite enjoy the story, but as others have said. Make choices matter or just make it a visualnovel where we don't get to make choices. Until we do and they matter.
I guess you have worked a lot on this game to have so much for a 0.1 so we can't really judge it as a 0.1.
But if you improve on the sex scenes a little that will make the game a very enjoyable at this point the sex scenes are not really needed in this game as they are in their current form. Personally I'd recommend remaking almost all of them if that's not already planned.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
I prefer the art stays as it is. In my mind, it's not about how anatomy works, it's about style. No different from cartoony vs. hyper-realistic. Plenty of straight-up Daz 3D games out there. This is neat because it is different.

And, hey, duck faces are weird, but they are canon in adult gaming, so it's not unprecedented. For a game that doesn't seem to take itself too seriously, I think a little "bending" of physiognomy is acceptable.

Just a different viewpoint from above. Not more valuable or less.

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
I prefer the art stays as it is. In my mind, it's not about how anatomy works, it's about style. No different from cartoony vs. hyper-realistic. Plenty of straight-up Daz 3D games out there. This is neat because it is different.

And, hey, duck faces are weird, but they are canon in adult gaming, so it's not unprecedented. For a game that doesn't seem to take itself too seriously, I think a little "bending" of physiognomy is acceptable.

Just a different viewpoint from above. Not more valuable or less.
I just find this picture weird. It's late i'm tired, maybe i'm too harsh. I'm not saying change the art, just improve it and maybe remake some of the renders. If I had any semblance of artistic talent and created this I wouldn't be happy with how this picture turned out. Turn her head a little and it should be fine. I liked your comment on his patreon about listening to fans about stuff. I agree and have also seen games get ruined by creators listening too much and trying to please patrons too much. All I want is small adjustments to the bodies during sex scenes to make it look more natural. The rest is just personal opinion on the art.
I think the game would be great without the sex and that's not something i'd say often.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
It's kind of funny. I still don't see what you're seeing and you've actually spelled it out for me. That's what's so enjoyable sometimes when reading through these threads. People can look at or read the exact same thing and come away with two totally different views. Hey, at least you weren't a jerk about it!

So, I'll agree to disagree and let stencil go whichever way he wants. But, either way, I'm glad you're into the game.

Daekor

Oct 22, 2017
I'm really enjoying this one! I love the art style and the writing is pretty fun to read through. Loads of story for a 0.1 release! Great work.

Reactions: Namco15
U

User_633486

girls look ok except when they're giving head then they look weird especially their mouths

U

User_633486

Everybody complaining because it's linear so far. Maybe I should dig out the 3 lb. hammer and engrave on it's face:

It's v0.1 and there's only a single route that's partially finished!

Maybe a couple of smacks on the forehead would finally get the point across.

If that doesn't do it I could always dig out the 8 and 12 lb. They tend to get kind of messy, though.
by all means bring em all out and start swingin

U

User_633486

hmmmm digging it so far reminds me of a winter wolves game especially w/ the music and story

*e - needs more choices though imo there's only been a few thus far and i'm like 15 min into the story

Knox_xx

Apr 30, 2017
This look nice ... Too bad my laptop broke down last week.... i would like to try this out

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes