• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Darkstrain

Jun 29, 2017
That's why I never understood why someone would play NTR just to avoid it, just the fact that main intention of the game is clearly the cheating already ruins any type of wholesome romance, and most the time the scenes are worse anyway.
because there is an appeal to play a game where you can get the girl while others also want to get her...
the problem is that most games have no scenes for the MC if the MC wins, because it's too much work.
even good ntr games fall into this issue, like scars of summer.

but the GOATS like oyako rankan... in those you can get a lot of MC scenes while playing a game of protection/management. or you can get NTR'd to all hell, that is why it's the best NTR VN ever meanwhile tsumamigui 3, where getting NTR is harder than getting a harem end sucks.

a dream ntr game is one where you have lots of contents in both routes, and avoiding ntr is hard.

Szarala

Nov 6, 2018
because there is an appeal to play a game where you can get the girl while others also want to get her...
the problem is that most games have no scenes for the MC if the MC wins, because it's too much work.
even good ntr games fall into this issue, like scars of summer.

but the GOATS like oyako rankan... in those you can get a lot of MC scenes while playing a game of protection/management. or you can get NTR'd to all hell, that is why it's the best NTR VN ever meanwhile tsumamigui 3, where getting NTR is harder than getting a harem end sucks.

a dream ntr game is one where you have lots of contents in both routes, and avoiding ntr is hard.
I like Scars of Summer, but it would've been sooooooooooooo much better if:

A) avoiding NTR was more than merely "ignoring the antagonists" (I understand, mechanically WHY they did it this way, it just seemed like a cheap copout)
B) once the NTR routes -were- started, fighting to keep her affection was actually -rewarded- instead of merely "not being punished"

I think my ideal NTR game would be something like the concept of Hero Roy's Wedding, but with the polish and execution of Scars of Summer (and the hotness of "My Girlfriend Advanced to the Dancer Class...").

ReinzKing08

Nov 18, 2020
For Shizuru and Hazuki there is a progression bar at the bottom of the girl stat. You need to be in the first position if you want to get the girl.

So give them lots of presents, even if you are at 100 favorability, gifts give "advantage".
This is a bullshit, man. How many gifts I have to give them? And we can only give them one gift per day?!

Smokenoke

May 17, 2019
From my understanding, it's not really NTR, it's you competing to get the girl and you just losing.
If true, I agree.. that's not really netorare.
Having the romantic interest be dating or married to the protagonist is not required for NTR. If it evokes feelings of jealousy or emotional distress in the protagonist or player that can be considered NTR. This is sometimes referred to as BSS (but I loved her first). Now judging by the writing (or lack thereof) in this game that may not even be the case lol.

Reactions: DrFree

TimeWalker

Jul 2, 2017
wait, is this a harem but all the girls could possibly ntr you?
not realy NTR. you are in a race to other dude who may get to her before you. the concept is you will try your best to be competitive like alicesoft used to be like oyako rankan, heartful mama, haran mama, Tsumamigui123 etc... but the game is bad, countless of grinding but no instimate story. over all, game is just bad. i'm actually quite interest in Eiri back story but there's none outside on short conversation about her mystery.
compare to spirit squeezing devil. that game have limited non-NTR scenes but the ending of non-NTR is actually awsome.

urfg

Aug 26, 2019
This is conceptually what I want out of a game where ntr is involved, since my goal is to not let that happen but also it gives meaningful stakes to what you're doing. There's not a lot of games that do this though, where the ntr is focal, but also optional. The ones that do follow this scheme are generally without any actual scenes for the mc too, so it feels like the only way to win is to actually lose or not play at all.

It's a shame that this game is what I would like, but just isn't actually good. Maybe someday.

Smokenoke

May 17, 2019
The problem with that definition is that a lot of players are just big whiny cucks and will end up feeling emotional distress from works that clearly aren't trying to get that response
There will always be those who hyperventilate at their waifu being 500ft near a man, but for all intents and purposes if the plot evokes those feelings from a love interest being stolen it should be considered NTR.

Reactions: DrFree

tarantuz

Aug 28, 2018
I am so lost in this game, First play library girl randomly becomes my friend and then close friend while chatting with her but get her to 100% before and then can't figure out what to do so I reload, Second playthrough I do the exact same thing but get her to 100% and it never goes past aquantince.
Have Got all the girls to 100% before the other people were even close then what? I can keep chatting with them but I just lose SP and favor never goes up. is there some interaction at some place I am not seeing? I have tried to give them gifts but the only one they will take is the flowers aside from the gal chick.

Reactions: eckolution
1.90 star(s) 7 Votes