RPGM NPC Lovivers [v0.1-Alpha] [Stellarky]

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Venator309

Jan 2, 2018
I still think its better than nothing. Not everyone who wants to make this kind of game has a budget for the good stuff. Between this, AI cg and AI translation we are going to see games from people that wouldn't have ever had a chance otherwise.
This isn't a game. It's a low effort cash grab. Don't make lame ass excuses for low effort work.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Blue3252

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
like the NPC genre.

dont really care for events where the NPC are taken advantage of by others. tentacles included.

hope theres an alternative eventually in a future release. where the MC gets the cute girl and not some tentacles.

btw what is the update rate looking like? every month or two?

May 2, 2018
Okay, this one is bad, like seriously bad. Dude, get Stable Diffusion hosted locally on your computer( guide). Then go to civit.ai and get good models, Sarondyx, BlueBloods, HassakuHentaiModel, SOMETHING other than novel AI. Then get the badhands image negative LORA, use Ultrasharp upscaler or Anime5000 Upscaler to get supersample the images you make at 512x512.

THAT'S how you make decent enough AI art, then do you animation trick. I shit out this image in 30 seconds, no gen-until-you-get-right, no funky limbs or weird cocks, just threw the Mantis artstyle LORA in with 0.8 weight, and a few keywords for position. I could take 5 more minutes, fix the little chunk on the hand and clean up the teeth, and it puts yours to shame.

Such a blatant, terrible cash grab.

Last edited:

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
You don't even need to do all that. I made this with NovelAI just with some clever prompt engineering.

OP is just seriously lazy.

chipsiup

Aug 12, 2016
View attachment 3304883
Really cant tell what is going on? Is her left boob being devoured by a tentacle or is her left boob part tentacle? Prob just the AI fucking up but it looks very weird
This dev didn't even do basic quality assurance. I can't imagine anyone who actually cares enough about their product would have looked at this picture and said "Yeah, this is good."

We all know that AI produces some really messed up errors, that's not new. Even if the dev didn't want to take the time to figure out different LORA models and the technical knowledge to really get AI to turn out good consistent images...

At the very least, they could NOT include images like this. Just run the prompt again, see if the AI gets something better, and keep repeating that process until you get one that doesn't have obvious body horror.

Reactions: Karnewarrior

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
yup pretty bad.

i would honestly prefer still images with slight variations (intro, insertion, fucked silly face, cumshot) over the course of a scene then the animations currently used.

but as the game is it's literally just. walk up to NPC and click fuck and watch an animation. no dialogue describing a sex scene like other NPC games not much of anything if im being honest.

Reactions: Karnewarrior

DirtyPervert

Nov 9, 2017
I still think its better than nothing. Not everyone who wants to make this kind of game has a budget for the good stuff. Between this, AI cg and AI translation we are going to see games from people that wouldn't have ever had a chance otherwise.
Unless the animation can be turned off (it can't), then no- having a lack of animation is strictly better than bad animation which can be incredibly off-putting at best, and a deal-ruiner at worst. It's more effort for a worse result, just use a still image.

There's also plenty of ways to make AI art generation more consistent (I'd argue still not good, but the examples present in the OP are suffering from the issues that were evident even in the earlier days of AI image generation) by using something other than the un-updated garbage that is Novel or just using better prompting, doing more batches to pick from rather than just the first four it gives you.

The reason AI continues to be slammed- and rightfully should be (for the time being)- is because of the laziest people imaginable picking it up and making something as lazy as this, especially as a patreon advertisement. Because most people that wants AI to be their tool of choice in development don't want it to sidestep a lack of a specific talent, but rather to sidestep a lack of any talent at all. If someone is using AI- and putting some basic fucking effort into it- to provide some visuals for something where the text already provides a strong piece of the puzzle and where there's a decent bit of either depth or some slice-of-life type of feel-good length to it, then sure. This developer is a shining example of the majority of AI work having none of the above. No good art, no good writing, no good outlook for the future of what currently exists. The best thing in this game are the basic assets included with RPG maker, and the best part is they clash horrifically with literally all of the dev's "original" work. Even the myriad of half-baked sissification HTML games that almost always wind up abandoned have better development prospects than this. Go defend some AI games where the dev has some other ace in their sleeve, not this very obvious cash grab.

Stellarky

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2019
Unless the animation can be turned off (it can't), then no- having a lack of animation is strictly better than bad animation which can be incredibly off-putting at best, and a deal-ruiner at worst. It's more effort for a worse result, just use a still image.

There's also plenty of ways to make AI art generation more consistent (I'd argue still not good, but the examples present in the OP are suffering from the issues that were evident even in the earlier days of AI image generation) by using something other than the un-updated garbage that is Novel or just using better prompting, doing more batches to pick from rather than just the first four it gives you.

The reason AI continues to be slammed- and rightfully should be (for the time being)- is because of the laziest people imaginable picking it up and making something as lazy as this, especially as a patreon advertisement. Because most people that wants AI to be their tool of choice in development don't want it to sidestep a lack of a specific talent, but rather to sidestep a lack of any talent at all. If someone is using AI- and putting some basic fucking effort into it- to provide some visuals for something where the text already provides a strong piece of the puzzle and where there's a decent bit of either depth or some slice-of-life type of feel-good length to it, then sure. This developer is a shining example of the majority of AI work having none of the above. No good art, no good writing, no good outlook for the future of what currently exists. The best thing in this game are the basic assets included with RPG maker, and the best part is they clash horrifically with literally all of the dev's "original" work. Even the myriad of half-baked sissification HTML games that almost always wind up abandoned have better development prospects than this. Go defend some AI games where the dev has some other ace in their sleeve, not this very obvious cash grab.
Thank's you for the comment, i see that you didn't liked the game. Is fine, i just have the ilusion to make a game but not the talent to draw. So i use AI.

This is just a alpha, this take me just one month to complete, my first game. And yes, the tentacle girl is bad, at the time I just thought it didn't look bad at all, I would be tired that day and I wouldn't look closely, my fault. The people didn't like her so i probably will remove her. But all the other images are good, i like them. Especially the zombie girl.

But, bro, cash grab?
I'm literally gifting the game. In my patreon you can read that all my content even on twitter is for free. The link on patreon to game is public. If someone wants to join, i will be happy for that but is not my goal. Literally my patreon have the minimun possible 1$, and only one tier. I just created patreon to upload the game here on f95zone. Because I saw that it was a requirement to upload games. I didn't know if just Twitter would work.

Anyways, i understand that you didn't like it, I'm going to try hard to improve it, it would be great if you give it another try in a few months.

Last edited:

Stellarky

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2019
like the NPC genre.

dont really care for events where the NPC are taken advantage of by others. tentacles included.

hope theres an alternative eventually in a future release. where the MC gets the cute girl and not some tentacles.

I will keep this in mind, I will probably remove the girl with the tentacles. And I will replace it with a scene with the main character. As for updates, I plan to do them every two weeks, or a month, but I would like them to have enough content to be worth opening the game.

Reactions: ChipiK and Slayerz

Ahip

Dec 23, 2017
like the NPC genre.

I'd agree with most NPC genre games being low effort af with the same cliche types of NPCs like villager, nun, queen/princess, demon king. But the NPC genre itself can be good, with enough effort put in and added nuance. Take for example Nyuu Kabou's pokemon parody game. It's basically an NPC game but it has decent writing with a story that goes from A to B and it has good art. It's not the genre that's bad but the developers being attracted to making games of the genre
The issue is that it's shit AI art, not good AI art. The developer just went on NovelAI and generated some pics in batches of 3 and posted the one they liked most. No more thought, no more effort than just punching in a couple vague tags and selecting the closest match after a button press.

If the developer doesn't care enough to change the AI's style to something distinct, and doesn't care to work over the art with inpaint, then why should we care to download their game? The animation is really crap as well, it's just the image moving up and down with a touch of wonky perspective, there's online generators that do that shit too.

I'm fine with AI art in games, but you need to show you give a fuck about the game you're putting out if you want people to pay you money.
At least he made the effort to set up a patreon...
Jokes aside, you're right. Theres several text based games that have good enough writing to carry the enjoyability. Of course animating everything in these types of games would take absurdly long so we understand that it if it uses art, it's just still images. So an AI art game should at the bare minimum, have good writing since there was barely any effort to produce the art. To each their own, if some people like the AI art, whatever. I can't really enjoy it most of the time. But what makes it feel super slimy is that all these AI art projects set up their patreons. Instead of spending time to learn and develop their own unique flavour of art style, they want a quick and easy way to produce art that doesn't even have good writing to it. So like you said, what's there to support? Do people think these AI art developers will really stick around long term when they wanted it quick and easy in the first place? It's not logical.

Slayerz

Aug 2, 2017
Not sure what's all the hate with AI art. There are some games in here that the artist is trash and some that are censored.

TBH, the animation looks a bit odd, but interesting since it's the first AI game I've seen showing more angles to the characters.

1706507170086.png

Reactions: rKnight

DirtyPervert

Nov 9, 2017
Thank's you for the comment, i see that you didn't liked the game. Is fine, i just have the ilusion to make a game but not the talent to draw. So i use AI.

This is just a alpha, this take me just one month to complete, my first game. And yes, the tentacle girl is bad, at the time I just thought it didn't look bad at all, I would be tired that day and I wouldn't look closely, my fault. The people didn't like her so i probably will remove her. But all the other images are good, i like them. Especially the zombie girl.
The significant issues with the tentacle are some of the more severe issues with the generation, but it's not the only thing to keep an eye on. It does show you aren't putting enough length, coherency or potentially even thought into your generation prompts, and likely aren't generating a noticeable number of images for each set. The fact you're focused on the the AI imagery and completely sidestepping the more apparent issue of the terrible method of animation also gives some concern too.

It also sidesteps that currently the game has next to nothing in the way of writing, of depth or of length to look at either. The imagery is the entirety of the focus which isn't a good thing, and currently it's sub-par at best to boot.

But, bro, cash grab?
I'm literally gifting the game. In my patreon you can read that all my content even on twitter is for free. The link on patreon to game is public. If someone wants to join, i will be happy for that but is not my goal. Literally my patreon have the minimun possible 1$, and only one tier.
Regardless of how cheap it is, the current feel of the thread is that you've created a game and given out free copies of it to act as an advertisement for the patreon, hoping that people will sub to it for the future of the game so that you can ride off those funds and spend an eternity developing a game that progresses very little and shows little effort, because by the time they realise that's what you're doing, sunk cost fallacy tends to kick in. A cheaper patreon doesn't make this any more or less likely to be the case.
That may well not be what you're actually doing, but it's extraordinarily common enough here that it's going to raise red flags with most people who enter the thread even before considering that AI remains a very controversial subject.

I just created patreon to upload the game here on f95zone. Because I saw that it was a requirement to upload games. I didn't know if just Twitter would work.

Anyways, i understand that you didn't like it, I'm going to try hard to improve it, it would be great if you give it another try in a few months.
For the time being I'm going to stand by my current judgement, because you can give reason after reason why you're doing better but until you prove it, taking your words at face value is more often a fool's errand than a legitimate choice.

If you are genuine about wanting to improve and see this project continue to unfold, then I do think the smarter move would have been to hold out and prepare more for the initial release to begin with, but I sincerely wish the best of luck to you in it's development all the same.

Slayerz

Aug 2, 2017
Alright so I've played the game and I have some recommendations.

The art is really nice, but the first rule of NPC games is that the little sprite characters needs to ressemble what the full art will look like. Also a preview image of the head or full body during when talking to the NPC helps a lot.

Currently it seems that some NPC aren't reflecting the full image, and it breaks the illusion. So same hair color, skin color, same backgrounds and same outfit colors. The girl running in circles is almost right, just need the green shirt & skirt/dress and short pink hair instead of long red hair.
1706508210475.png 1706508223722.png

I know it's the alpha, but an intro explaining how your character arrive or what the island is about would be nice. The first "NPC" aknowledging your action of taking out your dick is immersion breaking, since the NPC wouldn't be technically "programmed" to say this line.

Finally, you need to add a way to skip the animation/picture view mode instead of locking the player until the animation is done.

Good luck on the new updates!

• Yay, new update!

Slayerz

Aug 2, 2017
The imagery is the entirety of the focus which isn't a good thing, and currently it's sub-par at best to boot.
You must be new to NPC games. They are specifically made for quick fap and low amount of storytelling. It's not a genre that everyone like, but it is one very appreciated when not having lots of time.

DirtyPervert

Nov 9, 2017
You must be new to NPC games. They are specifically made for quick fap and low amount of storytelling. It's not a genre that everyone like, but it is one very appreciated when not having lots of time.
No, I get that. What I mean is that for an AI-driven game in particular NPC games aren't doing the dev any favours because it effectively creates increased expectations on the thing they're both struggling with and using a controversial tool to create. It's not the most sensible of categories to use as a first title for someone that isn't creating the artwork manually.

Sprinkling some level of light storytelling would help alleviate this even if it bends the rules of what would normally be expected from the type of game. It's exactly why I keep bringing up length as a separate category to depth despite them usually being intertwined- a series of microscopic "here's who i am, here's how i do, nice to meet you" miniquests would still do some favours to taking that level of trained spotlight effect off.

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote