funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
i played since day 1 of this one and its been my number 1 ever since
I enjoyed this VN so much that if I had started playing it while in dev, it would have driven me completely mad with anticipation between updates. For that I'm really happy that I waited for its completion. Binging straight through it was a better fit for me, and replayed it a couples again since as well. The story is just so good.

:cool:

Reactions: fin133

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
I enjoyed this VN so much that if I had started playing it while in dev, it would have driven me completely mad with anticipation between updates. For that I'm really happy that I waited for its completion. Binging straight through it was a better fit for me, and replayed it a couples again since as well. The story is just so good.

:cool:
Luckily this game had a perfect update cycle... You could set a clock after it, 26 updates in 26 months, only once it was late, three or four days, I think...

Reactions: funkymonkeyjedi

Sneak Monkey

Apr 2, 2018
So... how do I download this?
It's well over the mega limit so will literally take 2 days, mediafire is stupidly slow, mixdrop is one of those sites which literally cannot load for whatever reason and pixeldrain caps you at 5gb too then slows down to a crawl...

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
It's well over the mega limit so will literally take 2 days, mediafire is stupidly slow, mixdrop is one of those sites which literally cannot load for whatever reason and pixeldrain caps you at 5gb too then slows down to a crawl...
Gofile - it's the best of the bunch. No file size limits and it's fast.

Reactions: hic86

EETPMC

Mar 1, 2023
I just started this game a couple days ago and I was really enjoying it...up until the part where a national guard unit composed entirely of women set up a women and children zone no exceptions.
So they were either all women or somehow enough women to overpower all the male guardsmen and men in general and separate families.
What a crock of shit. Suspension of disbelief only goes so far and this seems beyond stupidly implausible as well as a poor long-term survival strategy.
Gonna keep reading because I'm invested but I hope this isn't a sign of the writing to come.
I'm pretty sure the dev has pretty left leaning politics based on the dialogue, and I think the NG arc was kind of his way to keep it politically neutral by introducing feminazis. I mean, it is a sex vn, so there is going to be a lot of unrealistic aspects like having two teenage girls doing you and having no problem sharing. Especially with that dude's yee-yee hair cut. lol If this was real life someone would have cut a bitch by now over jealousy and there would be WAY more catfights. Also the women are all armed, so they definitely could take down the men by getting their guard down. See the murder of Travis Alexander.

I do kind of agree though the writing is pretty poor. Honestly I skipped most of the sex scenes because the dialogue was super cringe except for some of Carol's scenes which were well written. Especially up until they leave the apartment. "He talks a little strange. Like this." Also it got really boring throughout the school arc, however in a real survival situation (or combat situation for those of you who served) that kind of boredom is normal so if it was intentional I think it was a good choice to give the atmosphere of what they are going through. Kind of like in Cyberpunk 2077 where when you undergo Arisaka mental rehabilitation they keep having you solve the rubric cube over and over and over until your mind breaks in the nightmare scene.

I really feel like this was heavily inspired by the Walking Dead (zombies of course) but mainly in the way the drama is structured. Consequentially it has the same issues that series had. Like it attempts to insert realistic psychology, but it falls flat in a lot of respects if you have actually been in a high stress situation like that before.

It's a free game though, so I can't complain. It's clear the dev put a lot of work into this. The walkthrough is absolutely necessary though because it's really dumb how you can have two options that literally have the same outcome, and yet one breaks the heart of the girl and the other causes her to love you more. I get the intent was that decisions where you respect the girl's choice and feelings are positive, but like IRL you would be able to give off that same impression even by saying the "bad dialogue". I think that's why one commenter here was complaining about the whiplash in mood where Carol just leaves him after all the previous dialogue made it seem like they were all chummy.

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
I'm pretty sure the dev has pretty left leaning politics based on the dialogue, and I think the NG arc was kind of his way to keep it politically neutral by introducing feminazis. I mean, it is a sex vn, so there is going to be a lot of unrealistic aspects like having two teenage girls doing you and having no problem sharing. Especially with that dude's yee-yee hair cut. lol If this was real life someone would have cut a bitch by now over jealousy and there would be WAY more catfights. Also the women are all armed, so they definitely could take down the men by getting their guard down. See the murder of Travis Alexander.

I do kind of agree though the writing is pretty poor. Honestly I skipped most of the sex scenes because the dialogue was super cringe except for some of Carol's scenes which were well written. Especially up until they leave the apartment. "He talks a little strange. Like this." Also it got really boring throughout the school arc, however in a real survival situation (or combat situation for those of you who served) that kind of boredom is normal so if it was intentional I think it was a good choice to give the atmosphere of what they are going through. Kind of like in Cyberpunk 2077 where when you undergo Arisaka mental rehabilitation they keep having you solve the rubric cube over and over and over until your mind breaks in the nightmare scene.

I really feel like this was heavily inspired by the Walking Dead (zombies of course) but mainly in the way the drama is structured. Consequentially it has the same issues that series had. Like it attempts to insert realistic psychology, but it falls flat in a lot of respects if you have actually been in a high stress situation like that before.

It's a free game though, so I can't complain. It's clear the dev put a lot of work into this. The walkthrough is absolutely necessary though because it's really dumb how you can have two options that literally have the same outcome, and yet one breaks the heart of the girl and the other causes her to love you more. I get the intent was that decisions where you respect the girl's choice and feelings are positive, but like IRL you would be able to give off that same impression even by saying the "bad dialogue". I think that's why one commenter here was complaining about the whiplash in mood where Carol just leaves him after all the previous dialogue made it seem like they were all chummy.
I used the WT mod but didn't follow it 100% because I disagreed with it on some decisions. The only way I can see Carol leaving is if you intentionally neglect her or choose all the obvious asshole choices.

EETPMC

Mar 1, 2023
I used the WT mod but didn't follow it 100% because I disagreed with it on some decisions. The only way I can see Carol leaving is if you intentionally neglect her or choose all the obvious asshole choices.
I'm guessing neglect is how the other guy lost her. I don't blame him though because you can neglect her and she gives the exact same dialogue as if you boned her, with zero in game indication you made a big bad. It's especially confusing given she keeps saying she is okay with you doing Naomi and yet the walkthrough very clearly indicates that's not the case with many of the Naomi choices breaking her heart, not just adding Naomi affection.

Then again that poker face to the relationship is very much like some IRL women in a sense. "I'm not angry, nothing is wrong" lol

Reactions: hameleona

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
I'm guessing neglect is how the other guy lost her. I don't blame him though because you can neglect her and she gives the exact same dialogue as if you boned her, with zero in game indication you made a big bad. It's especially confusing given she keeps saying she is okay with you doing Naomi and yet the walkthrough very clearly indicates that's not the case with many of the Naomi choices breaking her heart, not just adding Naomi affection.

Then again that poker face to the relationship is very much like some IRL women in a sense. "I'm not angry, nothing is wrong" lol
I don't know about the breaking her heart part I've got them both at very high love within a point of each other. I don't think it's all that dramatic. There is a decision to be made at the end of the game that with your points determines who is the main girl and who the side pieces are.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020

Not sure why anyone starts a post about a dev's politics based on a Zombie Apocalypse AVN on F95 but...

As for the dev's politics - I absolutely don't get left leaning but a user's position on the political spectrum could have the Navy Seals who took out bad guys as left leaning - user perspective being the key.

Now & Then is not James Joyce or Tolstoy but I enjoyed the writing and the story, especially within the limitations of the dev's development cycle (and this is a hobby versus how he makes his living).

I also thought the relationship with Carol and Naomi and the way sharing occurred was well done.

In college - I had a friend who got involved with two women who were BFFs and if a guy could not handle being with the two of them and them enjoying each other when they wanted - the guy was out - so my own experiences made me accept the Carol Naomi MC throuple.

Add in - the world is ending and a lot of societal norms falling to the wayside; sharing the security of the one man Carol can trust with her BFF Naomi was realistic to me, especially given Carol's and Naomi's history and the fact that the MC saved Naomi from the bandits.

FYI -

Now & Then started just before Covid hit and an updated rev was released consistently every month until it was completed.

The dev put out a Director's Cut about 9 months to a year later while creating a new AVN (The Interim Domain) and providing consistent monthly releases.

This added in the chance to choose to finish the AVN with other women (Like Julie and Hana) which was something requested by the dev's supporters.

I, for one, really enjoyed getting the Julie ending - it made for a nice playthrough more than a year after I had finished this AVN the first time.

There will be another update (bugs and a few typos) that will be released in the next few months per a recent Dev log.

For perspective - Kinderfeld, the dev, finished one AVN, gave us a Director's Cut for that AVN and is 23 releases into his next AVN (The Interim Domain) while we are waiting for a certain someone to finish the next book in the series that inspired GOT.

I think Martin is a better writer but if I had to choose which path I would prefer, I will go with more prolific AVN releases and what I consider good writing to waiting 5.5 years to get to book 5 or 12+ years to get to book 6.

Cheers!! :coffee:

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
Not sure why anyone starts a post about a dev's politics based on a Zombie Apocalypse AVN on F95 but...

As for the dev's politics - I absolutely don't get left leaning but a user's position on the political spectrum could have the Navy Seals who took out bad guys as left leaning - user perspective being the key.

Now & Then is not James Joyce or Tolstoy but I enjoyed the writing and the story, especially within the limitations of the dev's development cycle (and this is a hobby versus how he makes his living).

I also thought the relationship with Carol and Naomi and the way sharing occurred was well done.

In college - I had a friend who got involved with two women who were BFFs and if a guy could not handle being with the two of them and them enjoying each other when they wanted - the guy was out - so my own experiences made me accept the Carol Naomi MC throuple.

Add in - the world is ending and a lot of societal norms falling to the wayside; sharing the security of the one man Carol can trust with her BFF Naomi was realistic to me, especially given Carol's and Naomi's history and the fact that the MC saved Naomi from the bandits.

FYI -

Now & Then started just before Covid hit and an updated rev was released consistently every month until it was completed.

The dev put out a Director's Cut about 9 months to a year later while creating a new AVN (The Interim Domain) and providing consistent monthly releases.

This added in the chance to choose to finish the AVN with other women (Like Julie and Hana) which was something requested by the dev's supporters.

I, for one, really enjoyed getting the Julie ending - it made for a nice playthrough more than a year after I had finished this AVN the first time.

There will be another update (bugs and a few typos) that will be released in the next few months per a recent Dev log.

For perspective - Kinderfeld, the dev, finished one AVN, gave us a Director's Cut for that AVN and is 23 releases into his next AVN (The Interim Domain) while we are waiting for a certain someone to finish the next book in the series that inspired GOT.

I think Martin is a better writer but if I had to choose which path I would prefer, I will go with more prolific AVN releases and what I consider good writing to waiting 5.5 years to get to book 5 or 12+ years to get to book 6.

Pretty much how I saw the relationships too but I can't see myself ever choosing an ending without Carol. She is his ride or die girl and to me seems the canon main love interest.
I read a review about how this AVN was supposedly normalizing grooming and I was a bit flabbergasted. Aside from Carol being an of age adult the whole beginning was focused on him trying to resist her as SHE kept perving on him lol.

I thought the themes of how the old world had ended along with its norms made a lot of sense. When death comes easy I think a lot of people would get off their high horse and find comfort where they could.

That's just my two cents!

Horny

Apr 26, 2017
Step 1: Download and install JDownloader. ( )

Step 2: Copy and add desired download links (e.g. Pixeldrain, GoFile, Mediafire etc.) into the Jdownloader. And the downloader will auto detect the file.

Step 3: Set download directory then start download.

Regarding the Mega download limit, you can download, install, and run a VPN. Once you've reached the download limit, change to another VPN server, which will provide you with a different IP address. With the new IP address, refresh your MEGA download page, hit resume, and your download should continue again.

Last edited:

EETPMC

Mar 1, 2023
I don't know about the breaking her heart part I've got them both at very high love within a point of each other. I don't think it's all that dramatic. There is a decision to be made at the end of the game that with your points determines who is the main girl and who the side pieces are.
If you main Carol (the main still needs to have more affection points than the others) you get a pretty good tolerance to stay on her path, but IIRC when I replayed for her bad route, if Carol doesn't end up main there is like only one decision you have to make to put her on the bad end (and it isn't even all that obvious, I think it was something like "I love you" vs "you are my world") even though the entire playthrough can be the same normal Carol end path where you are all lovey dovey until the end. So I can see how the guy seemingly had a good vibe with Carol in his playthrough and then suddenly gets hit with the bad end with her. If you are playing blind, this can be especially confusing because Naomi comes later, but she has a ton of opportunities to raise affection crazy fast, so its really easy for her to overtake Carol as main girl and trigger this. You might favor Naomi as soon as she appears to catch her up and keep her equal to Carol, but then you get hit with a ton of Naomi events later in the game with no alternative Carol options (unless you just refuse Naomi which people not wanting to miss story on their first run are unlikely to do) and this catapults Naomi ahead of Carol easily.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Xythurr

EETPMC

Mar 1, 2023

FYI -

I'm not sure what in my comment was confusing for you, it seems pretty self-explanatory. The guy was complaining about how the military camp arc seemed out of place, so I'm saying the women being murderous was likely more of a balancing thing. Because it isn't like we ever actually find out why the men need to be killed, only why they need to be separated from the women.

For sure like I could see a threesome thing working out casually, the thing is with Carol though is that she is extremely obsessed with the MC as THE guy for her since before the main story, and that makes her willingness to share a character break. Other girls it makes sense they are fine with sharing because the MC is just a stranger and they only start liking him later on. The story explanation is that Carol shares because she really cares for Naomi, but then there are a lot of scenes where Carol has insecurities so it doesn't really mesh well. The world ending may remove the social limitations of polygamy, but the emotional issues that come with it would still remain (and probably be intensified because most of the MC's events only really happen because he's the only dude around). I mean as a guy, it's easy to think "hey, two girls into me, I'll love both no problem", but if you flip the roles and imagine sharing one girl you had a crush on for a long time with your best friend, then you start to see how that wouldn't really work out that well unless you really aren't that into the girl as "the one". Not to mention other things like stress is universally a mood killer, it's kind of silly how Naomi is like "I almost got raped this is really traumatic" to "lets fuck I feel better now" over what is a span of just a few weeks. I mean yeah the MC saved her so you would think that it's normal for her to feel grateful, but women really don't act that way when they are scared/stressed. For example look at marriages where the household has money problems, not a whole lot of lovemaking to be going on during those times.

Carols reactions get a lot more reasonable later on which sells her character relationship a lot better. In the beginning though it's a kind of contrived setup to get Naomi in the picture. It would be different if Carol did not have feelings for the MC from the start and instead realized she loved him due to the actual "now" game events. As you noted about the release dates though, that probably wouldn't have worked because people would be complaining there isn't any sex going on for quite a while (except for like one short dream about his late wife IIRC). It's fictional of course, so it doesn't have to be realistic, it just makes it hard to take Carol's feelings seriously until later in the game when she becomes slightly more possessive and realistic. Up until I guess the point where they leave the school, it felt less like romance and more like two horny kids pestering an adult preoccupied with keeping everyone alive. I really just wanted to skip the sex scenes and get back to the actual plot.

Sneak Monkey

Apr 2, 2018
Step 1: Download and install JDownloader. ( )

Step 2: Copy and add desired download links (e.g. Pixeldrain, GoFile, Mediafire etc.) into the Jdownloader. And the downloader will auto detect the file.

Step 3: Set download directory then start download.

Regarding the Mega download limit, you can download, install, and run a VPN. Once you've reached the download limit, change to another VPN server, which will provide you with a different IP address. With the new IP address, refresh your MEGA download page, hit resume, and your download should continue again.
Thanks, that was very detailed. I ended up using Gofile, and breaking my laptop converting it in renpy before switching back to renpy 7 to finally get it sorted.
I may look into a VPN at some point, been meaning to for stuff like, netflix in canada which i hear has more shows. Not something I've found yet though, need to to a little research

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Patch and final v 1.00 is out. I don't know if it is on the usual schedule (ie. wait 5 or so days till its free). I don't have a change log as I am not a Patreon.

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
Patch and final v 1.00 is out. I don't know if it is on the usual schedule (ie. wait 5 or so days till its free). I don't have a change log as I am not a Patreon.
What's in the final patch? Just bug fixes?

EDIT: You probably don't know since you aren't a Patreon. Derp.

4.60 star(s) 275 Votes