VN Ren'Py Abandoned Not a Typical Family [v1.1] [exy]

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote

blahblah25

Respected User
Apr 19, 2018
just have one question directed to the Dev what would you change the mom from this screenshot0002.png to this screenshot0001.png I think the 1st one is A lot better than the 2nd one :heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes:
(Edit) Please change the font color it is difficult to read ty

Reactions: Ursus4321

exy

Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017

I've forgot about that jump, just follow the right path and you shouldn't get any more errors.

I have no idea why you changed how the mother look. I actually liked that model maybe I'm in the minority.
Because people complained that she looks like the mother character from another game, it's just hairstyle change look, still the same character.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016

I've forgot about that jump, just follow the right path and you shouldn't get any more errors.

Because people complained that she looks like the mother character from another game, it's just hairstyle change look, still the same character.
peoples never stop complaining.
its your game, dont let other influence it too much.

meh, peoples can still say "she looked like BB mother, now she look like DoD mother"

you know... classic. we all got that kind of peoples at beginning ( and even later )
cant please everybody. imho, just please yourself its the most important.

exy

Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017
I didn't had this problem when I've test it.
You can change it yourself if you want.

Open gui.rpy
## The colors used for dialogue and menu choice text.
define gui.text_color = '#ff4242'
define gui.interface_text_color = '#ff4242'

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Alright, @exy , that's neither how you code a game, nor a visual novel.
Why letting us the possibility to choose the room we want to go, since anyway the player will need to go exactly where you want him to go ? And why talking about "quest" ? There isn't a single possibility to avoid having a hand job from mom, so yes, obviously we will finish the quest ; at least if we don't quit the game before...
I highly recommend you to take a look at other games, but not by just playing them, by looking at how they are wrote.

I don't care the weird story and writing, I enjoyed it as parody. But, either you put some efforts on the code and let the player really decide, or you force the decision ("Oh, I should works some time", "alright, time to see Sis", "Yeark ! I'll go see mom, she's less a bitch") and don't let the player think he have some regard on the progression.

Oh, by the way, you don't need to have a screen for each day :
Code:
label homemenuday4:
    scene myroom
    call screen myroom

if _return == "roomquestday":
            jump roomquestday4
[...]
will do exactly the same. You can even make it way more simple :
Code:
label homemenuday4:
    scene myroom     # can even be added on the 'myroom' screen
    call screen myroom
    jump expression _return + "4"

exy

Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017

Did you become a coder overnight ? You probably have years of coding, otherwise you'd probably not have that modder badge.
I started to learn how to write in renpy a month ago and english isn't even my native language, I make small progresses by each update.
I'm sorry if my game disappointed you but when you see so many bad reviews in this topic you know that the game is bad and you might risk wasting your time with it.
This is the level of coding/rendering I'm right now and it doesn't help me if I steal code from other games.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016

Did you become a coder overnight ? You probably have years of coding, otherwise you'd probably not have that modder badge.
I started to learn how to write in renpy a month ago and english isn't even my native language, I make small progresses by each update.
I'm sorry if my game disappointed you but when you see so many bad reviews in this topic you know that the game is bad and you might risk wasting your time with it.
This is the level of coding/rendering I'm right now and it doesn't help me if I steal code from other games.
you cant technically "steal" code from otehrs games.. unless you use something that it specific to the game istelf.
renpy use lots of common code wich are used by alots of devs. mostly the classic ones script wich by themself help to make a solid base of the game.
you can also have access to the renpy cookbook, wich is a good place with bunch of renpy code you can use/modify for your own and do alots of things.
i m new too, started renpy, DAZ and all a few months ago.. ( 3-4 months max or something ) , i m still super noob.
nontheless they are lots of others devs that can help you too. dont hesitate to contact them for get a bit of help.
you can also contact Aldo Rain ( or N7 and a few others that are in the discord, including myself, but i dont know how to invit :/ ), he got a discord with a big bunch of devs that are happy to help new ones. very popular devs are there too. you will get huge help there .

Di.Vil

Dec 31, 2017
Is it a parody ? So straight to the action = empty shell, no challenge to achieve.

Nothing interesting. Sorry dev, I'm sure you have spend hours in rendering, but the lack of story and characters deepness crashes everything. Maybe thinking again about the story ?

Reactions: FXM

hyco2

Sep 15, 2017
I tried to play this, and...

this is bad. Like, real bad. The renders are a waste of perfectly good CPU cycles, the storytelling is not even funny in an ironic way.
I feel like I had a look in the fantasies of a mental impaired 13 year old with serious optical problems. I want my 3 minutes lifetime back, please.

Edit after reading some of the comments here:
I really appreciate the will to get creative and make something. A game, a book, a song. And I do realize, that the way to get better and to motivate yourself is to get out and show others what you are doing.
Still, there is something as a basic awareness if yout output is ready yet. And this here is not. If I went out with something bad, I'd hope to be realistic in my view on this. If the feedback I get is bad, then I got to the wrong crowd (and should seek a better fitting environment), or - I put out something bad. The way to react is not to hold your air until everybody likes you, or to tell everybody you are new to this and they should not criticise you. The way is to prove it by a better product, that you understood the critic and have it in you, or to realise your limits.
This game here is burned now for many people that tried it, and will not touch this festering carcass again. Maybe waiting a few weeks until the game had something to show for itsself would have been the better idea.

FXM

Oct 2, 2017
i knew it will be a bad game, but i thought maybe is so bad that is funny but NOOOO, is really terrible, I have just wasted 5 minutes of my life in this game

Reactions: Mikedazz1
1.00 star(s) 1 Vote