Nopy

Dongus420

May 21, 2018
This will really hit when something like BeingADik has its next update.

With nopy I could download a 5gb update in about 7 or 8 minutes, it was free, there were no limits and no pop up ads.

Now downloading a 5gb game using any of the other sites is going to take at least an hour plus. Depressing to think about.

doggbound

Dec 22, 2016
This will really hit when something like BeingADik has its next update.

With nopy I could download a 5gb update in about 7 or 8 minutes, it was free, there were no limits and no pop up ads.

Now downloading a 5gb game using any of the other sites is going to take at least an hour plus. Depressing to think about.
Hopefully we will see more Zippy and Mediafire links in the future. They've always been pretty fast, at least for me anyway.

eric78

Jun 16, 2019
NOPY was one of the best download servers which I have experienced,but lately there was few issues with speeds which I thought so they're upgrading or moving their servers

RIP NOPY,hope we will see you again

Rancioman

Jun 17, 2017
NOPY was one of the best download servers which I have experienced,but lately there was few issues with speeds which I thought so they're upgrading or moving their servers

RIP NOPY,hope we will see you again
Seriously?
What a great loss.

dw9000

Nov 27, 2017
So much for Net Neutrality... Can't control it one way, control it via the money route.

Nopy really made downloading things easier, hell of a lot better than MEGA is / used to be...the 5 Gig Cap on mega is crazy when half the games now coming out are unreal or unity that are huge.

and agreed, if Nopy can come back thats great, if not well they died a hero.

• Sad
Reactions: scannatore

MustFap9000

May 14, 2018
finding out Nopy is closing it's servers, not gonna lie, hurt like hell... now we're all stuck with all these mediocre sites and... Mega...

JakoDel

Jul 4, 2020
uploadhaven free works fairly well in my experience.
but still sad about nopy departure. It was the best file hosting site I've ever used
after downloading 200+ GBs I should've thrown 10 bucks their way... :/

frickle32

Dec 17, 2019
To anyone who is still having an issue, Big Smurf is right. I just tried Nopy, and they've posted a message saying they're shutting down:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TL,DR: Due to numerous issues with payment, including an unexplained ban from paypal, Nopy will be closing their doors. I don't really know how long they've been around, but to me it feels like the end of an era.
man really sad :'(

frickle32

Dec 17, 2019
any way to contact them?? they can use Transferwise...it works like Payoneer.

Last edited:

bcmans

Oct 4, 2017
I think this is really going to hurt the Devs the most, especially Devs with newer games. With an awesome service like nopy it was a no brain-er to sample out a new game or animator video. This is a very sad loss for sure.

Mar 19, 2018
I tried to dl from nopy today and got the message. It's quite sad to see such a good service being downed like this, definitely reminded me of mega being closed by FBI many years ago, ofc it's a different circumstances but still. Hopefully uploaders will use mediafire or gdrive or other options more, I hate using mega.co.nz. Torrent might be an option too.

Jack0h

Sep 7, 2018
its a shame but nopy is dead and i feel like shit because i never donated even though i could have multiple times but i was always just lazy to donate. money was never the issue it was just me going in to my bitcoin wallet and donating to them but being lazy fuck i never did it.
So, do better next time when you find a DL site that performs well.

crow_f

Sep 4, 2019
I'd really like to stress for everyone who is disappointed over this that this is once again Payment Processors acting in an authoritarian way to control commerce for their benefit. You should seriously consider this when you are voting, as it has far more serious implications for the world than a lot of other stuff people are zealous about these days.

Also, to those beating yourselves up over not donating, you are not at fault. Payment Processors cut off any way for them to receive money so it doesn't matter. Without their interference, nopy was making plenty of money to operate on a regular basis.