Nopy

skidcrow

Feb 4, 2019
Hello

For some days i can not download from NOPY the only thing i get to see is a page error from page eu-cache5.files.nopy.to. Dont now what to do can somebody help me with this problem

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
For some days i can not download from NOPY the only thing i get to see is a page error from page eu-cache5.files.nopy.to. Dont now what to do can somebody help me with this problem
Nopy have those days, with more than half of them being dead.

SoonAtHome

Sep 22, 2020
Hello

if you live in europe try those settings >
nopy.JPG

Blacklight38

Apr 29, 2019
To anyone who is still having an issue, Big Smurf is right. I just tried Nopy, and they've posted a message saying they're shutting down:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TL,DR: Due to numerous issues with payment, including an unexplained ban from paypal, Nopy will be closing their doors. I don't really know how long they've been around, but to me it feels like the end of an era.

ayyopayyo

Apr 20, 2018
Very sad to see an amazing service shut down. I enjoyed using renpy, it was the best service for high speed direct downloads. :( Thank you for your service, nopy.to. You will be remembered forever. We'll also put in our hopes and expect for you to make an amazing come back if possible. Wishing you the best for the future, nopy dev team!

Somecunt

Aug 29, 2018
its a shame but nopy is dead and i feel like shit because i never donated even though i could have multiple times but i was always just lazy to donate. money was never the issue it was just me going in to my bitcoin wallet and donating to them but being lazy fuck i never did it.

Last edited:

Skarag

Apr 13, 2020
I have very little doubt that some of the other greedy download sites deliberately targeted Nopy by demanding that the payment providers dropped them or ban them by threatening to change their own payment providers. Probably nothing in writing, but they could certainly bring a lot of pressure to bear when their own income is threatened by a service that was, to all intents and purposes, free for many users. Perhaps game developers should also take a new look at their games and find work-arounds for the incredibly large files that some of the games generate especially if one wishes to download using the "free" versions of the pay sites, some of them are slower than the old telephone routers of 20 years ago! Not everyone has an unlimited pot of money to pay for a service that may only have a new download for their favourite game(s) every 6 months to a year.

sinnedangel

Aug 3, 2020
its a shame but nopy is dead and i feel like shit because i never donated even though i could have multiple times but i was always just lazy to donate. money was never the issue it was just me going in to my bitcoin wallet and donating to them but being lazy fuck i never did it.
I can relate.... I just so lazy... Always said I'll donate later. But now it's too late. I feel so sad.

Khaless

Nov 2, 2020
I have very little doubt that some of the other greedy download sites deliberately targeted Nopy by demanding that the payment providers dropped them or ban them by threatening to change their own payment providers. Probably nothing in writing, but they could certainly bring a lot of pressure to bear when their own income is threatened by a service that was, to all intents and purposes, free for many users.
Highly unlikely. The download sites are too insignificant to put any pressure on the payment providers, especially the likes of Paypal. That pressure normally is a result of the content that's available on these sites and how they react to complaints.

Reactions: KiraJames

emoxplayer

Jul 6, 2020
Until we meet again, nopy, you allowed us a free download route for a while, I hope and one day you will return in all your glory ...

Reactions: Netatama