nopy.to discussion & feedback

K.T.L.

Keeping Families Together
Donor
Mar 5, 2019
It's the usual thing. Build something that threatens the dominant players and they get their friends in other corporations to destroy you. There's a huge cartel operating out there where only the few are permitted to operate.

Feru452ax

Nov 23, 2020
Now who dont have money to pay mega, will be unable to play older games on here. A lot of them only hape nopy, mega and a bad download server one who will take 17hours to download on a 200mb conection.
Sad day

F

otronegro

Jan 24, 2020
Imagine having to end your service not because lack of support but because mainstream payment methods sabotage you.
That's beyond fuckd up.

I urge nopy staff to look into getting their support thru crypto if possible, at least part of it.
Get a stable coin wallet like BTC and get your money there, you might pay a fee to cash out but at least you won't give these bastards any cut of the money.

BLhonTCflsKv

May 10, 2019
Thanks Nopy,
I can say with confidence my F95 drive is full mostly because of you, and that is a good thing,
I'm sorry to hear about payment processors being a-holes, Good luck in future endeavors..

Reactions: criestoomuch

DICK111

Oct 23, 2019
Nopy was awesome, I would be grateful if there were no ads. But if it means I get awesome speed download I'am happy for there to be ads. JUST SO LONG AS THE SERVICE (NOPY) IS AWSOME. I'll watch any ads just to use this amazing service.

DICK111

Oct 23, 2019
Hey guys, I'm the creator of . I know F95 Zone has been using the site for a while now, and I hope that you guys have had good experiences.

Nopy was created to provide fast and dependable downloads, with no ads and no logs. But all sites have their kinks, so thats why I'm finally creating a thread on here, to ask if there is any issues that you have faced while using it. Broken downloads, slow speeds, possible improvements, etc? Feel free to discuss (...or praise...) the site here.

If you feel like donating, you can do that via or <3
Nopy was awesome, I would be grateful if there were no ads. But if it means I get awesome speed download I'am happy for there to be ads. JUST SO LONG AS THE SERVICE (NOPY) IS AWSOME. I'll watch any ads just to use this service.

I'll be happy to watch any ad just to caring on using this service!

Cloe-chan

Mar 21, 2019
it was a amazing platform to download the games on this it was most deffinitely the fastest for me to where i would only need to wait like 10 minutes for a game that is around 10GB as where i would need to wait closer to a hour or more on other sites its sad to see it go and best of lukc to everyone that worked on it

trdx

Aug 10, 2018
Terrible news. I don't know as much about it as I want to, so my suggestions are more questions than suggestions.

I know that there are hosts that don't care about American laws, DMCA etc and they are situated in very specific countries. Before someone thinks I'm talking about middle of nowhere - no, the infrastructure is strong and it is specifically for that reason that there are many very good hosts situated there. Respecting privacy and disregarding foreign copyright complaints is the main point of the business model. I know a bit about it because I too am thinking about doing some stuff over there. The craziest part of it is that I'm not even planning to do anything "illegal" - I simply do not trust services like AWS and any hosts that have any connection to Western payment systems and governments.

What I am wondering is, are there any payment processors there as well, that could serve where Stripe can't. For example I found this website and I am curious what assistance they can offer. Full disclaimer, I know nothing about them and I am not recommending them in any way. I literally googled them 5 minutes ago.

Another idea that has crossed my mind is: wouldn't be enough to just create a company in one of these havens? They protect identity so it must be much easier to direct money towards the target. Maybe not.

We are living in bad world today, the freedoms are being taken away and average person seems to be more and more stupid with every passing day. Financial and communication monopolies are extremely dangerous, when these monopolies enforce rules based on certain ideology.

Reactions: korat56

wibble4321

Dec 8, 2019
Terrible news. I don't know as much about it as I want to, so my suggestions are more questions than suggestions.

I know that there are hosts that don't care about American laws, DMCA etc and they are situated in very specific countries. Before someone thinks I'm talking about middle of nowhere - no, the infrastructure is strong and it is specifically for that reason that there are many very good hosts situated there. Respecting privacy and disregarding foreign copyright complaints is the main point of the business model. I know a bit about it because I too am thinking about doing some stuff over there. The craziest part of it is that I'm not even planning to do anything "illegal" - I simply do not trust services like AWS and any hosts that have any connection to Western payment systems and governments.

What I am wondering is, are there any payment processors there as well, that could serve where Stripe can't. For example I found this website and I am curious what assistance they can offer. Full disclaimer, I know nothing about them and I am not recommending them in any way. I literally googled them 5 minutes ago.

Another idea that has crossed my mind is: wouldn't be enough to just create a company in one of these havens? They protect identity so it must be much easier to direct money towards the target. Maybe not.

We are living in bad world today, the freedoms are being taken away and average person seems to be more and more stupid with every passing day. Financial and communication monopolies are extremely dangerous, when these monopolies enforce rules based on certain ideology.
Unfortunately payment processors for the most part need to know people's true identity and details for anti-money laundering. The truth is that the digital online world is being increasingly brought under thumb by regulations imposed by goverments. Since they have been unable to effectively go after the sites and services hosted in those 'very specific countries' they go after the payment processing infrastructure instead.

It is prohibition tactics all over again - tighten the screws on the money men and there is nowhere left for the people operating outside the mainstream to go.

Sure you can take payment in Crypto but it doesn't help you when you have bills to pay in real currency. Any significant conversion of crypto to a real currency where you can spend it will fall right back into the payment processors and banks you were trying to avoid in the first place.

Reactions: trdx

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
So sad to see you go :( I hope it gets back up down the line.

I have an off the cuff suggestion that might be stupid, but in case it's useful I wanna get it out there.

If platforms like Paypal and Patreon ban you due to anti-moneylaundering security, maybe you could pay someone a small amount per month to be the face of NOPY. Have them provide their details the way the various platforms require.

NOPY is a file hosting service and shouldn't be liable for what people upload. Therefore it shouldn't be illegal to do it this way. I hope I'm not wrong about that.

Again, I really hope you figure it out. Good luck to you in the future.

atrebor68

Aug 26, 2020
Boys of Nopy, why don't create your own cryptocurrency with F95 sponsorship ? I think that all the community will help you !!

FAP369ZONE

Aug 29, 2018
This is truly sad news for f95zone... nopy was one of the best file hosts here.

But there is still a chance of them coming back someday so i guess hope dies last as they say :cry:.

So good luck nopy and may we meet again and share together the good times again!