Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017
More like your reading comprehension is lacking. I'll try to simplify it:
1) player wants to see masochistic content
2) player has to lose the game to see that content
3) that means the player has to lose at every point to make progress, thus punishing them by making them have to redo/replay content over and over.

If your audience is the masochistic players, having to fail the win condition to see the desired content is bad design. This has nothing to do with a masochist wanting to be punished and playing a game that makes it harder on them. That's not how things work, and by general principle is the wrong approach to game design. I hope I made it easier to get. It's not about irony of making things difficult, its about core design concepts. Certainly someone probably gets a kick of having to play sections over and over to see the desired outcomes, but that isn't a proper standard.
So, you can't read or understand you own words. They are getting tortured by losing, and keep losing. It is giving them the torture they desire. Thus a game for masochists.

aqus0

Oct 31, 2018
All these people who can't figure out the riddles need to read more classics...or watch the movie. They're taken right out of The Hobbit.

Reactions: kamina666

NanasBananas

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2018
More like your reading comprehension is lacking. I'll try to simplify it:
1) player wants to see masochistic content
2) player has to lose the game to see that content
3) that means the player has to lose at every point to make progress, thus punishing them by making them have to redo/replay content over and over.

If your audience is the masochistic players, having to fail the win condition to see the desired content is bad design. This has nothing to do with a masochist wanting to be punished and playing a game that makes it harder on them. That's not how things work, and by general principle is the wrong approach to game design. I hope I made it easier to get. It's not about irony of making things difficult, its about core design concepts. Certainly someone probably gets a kick of having to play sections over and over to see the desired outcomes, but that isn't a proper standard.
Have to say, I'm of the opposite opinion on this one. To me the feeling of losing a game is really part of the fetish itself, and it's actually a significant turn-off when games of a certain nature don't have game overs. Game overs are specifically what I look for - I want to lose, to submit, to make choices that lead me to failure, and I want that failure to be as consequential as possible, something where that's it, I'm now a slave for life to the woman who beat me, no going back, the story ends with my defeat. If there are no fatal consequences, if I resurrect after losing a fight, if I'm freed after being enslaved and the story simply goes on, or anything of that nature, then it lacks that sting of defeat, and it kinda feels like a lot of teasing with no climax, at least for me. The final loss and my ultimate surrender/death/enslavement is my climax, everything leading up to it is just foreplay...

I do agree that if a game forces you to repeat the same content without a convenient skip mechanic then it's a design flaw. But that isn't much of a problem here, you can save right before any decision/loss that lead to a game over, so you only have to repeat that decision/fight, which really is a negligible price to pay, as far as I'm concerned. I get that this is a debate that will probably never be won, I guess it just boils down to personal preferences, just wanted to throw my opinion from the other side of the fence into the mix.

As for the game itself, it's pretty good! Setup is good, visuals look nice, it's fun to play. Just a shame not all bad-ends are written yet, I'll have to wait for those to be implemented, since that's what I'm here for. I can tell that not 100% of the content will be for me - I'm not interested in submitting to men or in getting into traps in and of themselves, I just want to get dominated or entrapped by other sexy women. Thankfully a good portion of the content is exactly that, so even if my own preferences would focus slightly less on the protagonist herself being encased in rubber and maybe slightly more on more direct contact with the dominant women who are trying to enslave us, as long as we can keep avoiding the men while succumbing to the women, I'm pretty sure I'm going to have a good time with this one.

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
oh, RPGM ...
I think the only engine worse than RPGM that I've seen is QSP ...

maybe someone will do a renpy remake, until then good luck with your project I guess.

Kay_Kay

Aug 31, 2019
I mean dollification is not my thing but since it has bondage i'll give the game a try. Regardless the renders look amazing so at least i know what quality to expect! :)

Body_Hunter

Sep 30, 2018
Hi there!

I enjoyed playing the first VR world a lot, it was even a lot of fun to fall into all the Failsafe-traps and to submit here and then.

The artwork is really nice, i like the shiny and restricted rubber stuff and strict bondage. The fights are ok, if even a bit grindy. You need a few stimulants to get over the suit or you are done...

I really hope there is a chapter 2 very soon, keep up the great work!

B

Reactions: kamina666

lakano

Dec 8, 2020
So, you can't read or understand you own words. They are getting tortured by losing, and keep losing. It is giving them the torture they desire. Thus a game for masochists.
holy shit the braintrust in this thread .....ah yes having to close and reclick the game is the REAL masochistic thrill here you know what ...how about they implement a alt ctrl delete to end game feature to really frustrate those maso subbies ?

Aseratrix

Engaged Member
Dec 16, 2019
Nice, definitely must try it. But why does it lack the oral sex (cunnilingus) tag?

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
I quite liked what was there so far. It's short, but I like where it is going.

I loved the capture system. It's a great approach to combat. I do think it's too easy to avoid/escape capture, as you pretty much have to let yourself become captured. Maybe "desperate struggle" needs to cost more HP, and maybe "evade" needs a chance to fail to ratchet up the risk in fighting.

As it is right now, all you have to do is "rest" when disabled to gain SP, and after being attacked once you'll escape restraints every time. This allow you to trade a small amount of HP for a huge SP gain. Once you have that SP banked, it's all too easy to avoid capture. Having an inherent risk to losing a fight, coupled with the ability to save anywhere, would be a welcome addition in my opinion.

Reactions: NanasBananas
4.60 star(s) 25 Votes