• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Cesco

Jul 15, 2017
Does a Save Editor for the Wolf Engine exist?

But boy, if this had a preg system, it would be perfect to me.
Cause if I had that AND changing clothes- *mhwa* magnifique
I'm basically asking for the next VH (I know, my standards are too high for my own good).

Reactions: shmerdistor

Shuuko

Dec 6, 2017
For Screenshots, they are saved to the game file where they don't have the screenshot banner over them.

Personally, I need a Loot Table. I am farming Winter Fur for the Gorgeous Bunny Outfit, but it isn't dropping and making me feel I am killing the wrong monster...
Winter Fur you find from an enemy in the snowfields. Also the Beastiary will show all drops from monsters.

LEET

May 29, 2017
well i liked the game at first but after that its like go kill this make costume get fucked repeat same scene twice upgrade armor get fucked same thing different dialogue with little change in cg to be honest its an okay game .... story wise its bland? the idea was great the art was great but the repeated scene was a bit distasteful ...... and the game is very short like i think the moment you pass boewulf or the rabbit i think you one shot everything if not almost even bosses >.>.....
The thing is, its supposed to be based on Monster Hunter which is just that. Hunt monster, wear monster, hunt monster, wear monster. You basically do this until the game ends.

YakuzaZzz

Donor
Sep 28, 2017
The thing is, its supposed to be based on Monster Hunter which is just that. Hunt monster, wear monster, hunt monster, wear monster. You basically do this until the game ends.
can't be more obvious isn't it

Userz

Dec 28, 2017
Does a Save Editor for the Wolf Engine exist?

But boy, if this had a preg system, it would be perfect to me.
Cause if I had that AND changing clothes- *mhwa* magnifique
I'm basically asking for the next VH (I know, my standards are too high for my own good).
I usually use this webpage and works pretty well

Reactions: bernthal

Tsukiakari175

Mar 23, 2018
I found out that this game has a prequel called Brand Azel, the link is here:

But the question is why didn't they translate this first
Also the translator said that CG20 and 30 won't trigger

Reactions: el0d

LEET

May 29, 2017
To be fair, any game can be boiled down a boring sounding "do thing get thing" loop. I don't know about anyone else but I don't consider that kind of critique very useful.
Sorry about that. People have told me I break things down to the basic elements way too often. What makes this game rather one note is the lack of flavor injected by the creator to the material it's based on. It seems to focus on the goal of MH rather than understanding what made that goal fun or what made people love the series. Sure there is sex, but it didn't seem to try to make things fun for the consumer. In MH there was tracking and micromanagement. In MH there was a way to make different builds. In this game, bosses are rather static and sort of have to be. Micromanaging items is rather simple and there doesn't seem to be a need for it like you do in MH. There is no need to constantly get better at gathering items. Another sad thing that came with the turn-based combat is that it doesn't excite people like the action combat of the series it borrows from. I went through the game with just infuser and stacking attack. You attack the enemy attack. Rinse and repeat. Then there's the cast. They were weird. It tried to sound like a group of comrades like in MH but for the most part, they felt really distant. Sally is just upbeat and your quest giver. Master is your stoic leader who doesn't do anything. Ike is your angry shounen protagonist who lashes out on others. Goro is your perverted ally. Blacksmith-kun is nothing more than a token boyfriend(?) and could have been replaced with a dog with a hammer. The npc's in town are not any better. It felt like there was no work put into them. They didn't even react to her naked. They don't say anything interesting. Also, what does that blue box even do? I open it and nothing happens. It doesn't change how many times I can resurrect. It doesn't seem to be a storage container. Seemed really strange.

Kibad

May 12, 2017
I found out that this game has a prequel called Brand Azel, the link is here:

But the question is why didn't they translate this first
Also the translator said that CG20 and 30 won't trigger
Thank you kind sir. We should ask for a translation of that one.
Is there another game from BLACKTRAIN(company) that you think its good?

ANTagonist

May 27, 2017
Thank you kind sir. We should ask for a translation of that one.
Is there another game from BLACKTRAIN(company) that you think its good?
Not him but honestly the only other game (aside from the prequel) that you should give a honest shot if it gets and English release any time soon would be Sujimon Quesst. They use 2d art for it and the game is better as a result.

Reactions: Kibad

popober

Jun 9, 2017
Alright, this was honestly pretty great though with manageable flaws.

The artwork is fucking awesome and hot, although the angles need work at times so the cut corners doesn't shine through too much. Still, it's rare for an eRPGM artist to be able to achieve such a dynamic feeling and raw passion in the CGs, without compromising the definitions of the character designs. All dat ahegao was HAWT.

The game mechanics are simple and allows the player to breeze through what could have been an immensely grindy game, though the controls can be wonky at times by being really sensitive.

The story is also pretty okay, as the characters deviate from their expected personalities based on their designs. They have a bit of depth; not by much, mind you, but it's pretty substantial considering what kind of game it is. It tries to have a bit of world-building there, which I suppose is explored more in the dev's other games. Apparently this is actually a sequel, with the prequel remaining untranslated? Also, the transition from the end of an H event to general gameplay is quite abrupt which undercuts the payoff a bit.

All in all, the art alone carries the game quite far though the gameplay and story thankfully doesn't bog it down too much. This game shows a lot of promise coming from this developer. Checking out their DLsite page, it seems they already have quite a few titles out. Hopefully, more of those gets translated like the prequel to this one.

Reactions: wuli

RAIZIZ

Aug 8, 2018
Great game, but it's kinda short, I hope that they're gonna update the game(and when I said update, I mean the gameplay, not the h-scene, the gameplay is great, we don't care about the h-scene, just give us a non-h version).

ANTagonist

May 27, 2017
Just gonna say:
There's no NTR in the game, you name the blacksmith but your relationship with the MC is just fuckbuddies at best.
You make her gear, and fuck her on the side when she asks. That's about it.

Tsukiakari175

Mar 23, 2018
aside from the prequel, apperantly according to the translator is very lack luster, their other work are mainly CG and artwork, focusing on agehao. For their second game at this quality is very promising. I will look out for them in the future (if they continue to make game after this one).

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
Thicc ass wall of text
I think comparing this to Monster Hunter is a mistake. It has more in common with jRPG that have a big focus on crafing/alchemy. Like the "Atelier somethings" games or Mania Khemia. Hell, this is closer to Final Fantasy 9 than Monster Hunter in gameplay. And man, I wish FF9 had sex scenes in it... Anyway.

Thinking its boring, for any reason, is fine. But it's 101% subjective. I don't think this game's boring at all. Monster Hunter gets old for me reletively fast. Not that I don't like them I just have to get breaks from it once in a while. Doesn't mean they're bad they're just not my favorite things in the world.

The blue box gives you a potion for free. You can tell because there's a text pop-up that says "potion get". Reading in video games is useful sometimes.

LEET

May 29, 2017
I think comparing this to Monster Hunter is a mistake. It has more in common with jRPG that have a big focus on crafting/alchemy. Like the "Atelier somethings" games or Mania Khemia. Hell, this is closer to Final Fantasy 9 than Monster Hunter in gameplay. And man, I wish FF9 had sex scenes in it... Anyway.

Thinking its boring, for any reason, is fine. But it's 101% subjective. I don't think this game's boring at all. Monster Hunter gets old for me relatively fast. Not that I don't like them I just have to get breaks from it once in a while. Doesn't mean they're bad they're just not my favorite things in the world.

The blue box gives you a potion for free. You can tell because there's a text pop-up that says "potion get". Reading in video games is useful sometimes.
Sort of difficult to not compare to MH when it's rather obvious it's borrowing from it heavily. I feel the same way with Vindictus. I can clear it solo, but it gets boring doing the same maps and same bosses for materials.

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
Sort of difficult to not compare to MH when it's rather obvious it's borrowing from it heavily. I feel the same way with Vindictus. I can clear it solo, but it gets boring doing the same maps and same bosses for materials.
I don't see how it borrows from Monster Hunter. MH didn't exactly invent killing mobs to get crafting ingredients... That was my point. Because MH is one of the best and most popular exemple of that concept doesn't mean everything using similar mechanics is trying to be MH.

4.30 star(s) 42 Votes