Spicy Pumpkin

Game Developer
Oct 28, 2021
Never played a FNAF style game before, and tried to play on normal. I have no idea what's going on and just keep dying randomly, I could get bonking the desk ghost and checking the vent down, but the main ghost girl seemed very buggy. I would fail the QTE to get essence from her outside the door (the inputs are super laggy), it would say she has left for now, and then she attacks me a few seconds later. The fireplace also seems to be on a really strict timer. I get that it's an engine problem... but the inconsistent QTEs really brings it down, since I cant consistently manage my own resources
Thanks for the feedback :) The input lag you've mentioned does unfortunately exist, but the lag timing is consistent. To compensate for the input lag, I've made the red zone wider than before in the Night 3 update, if you're playing on an earlier version then the QTE is harder. (if you're already on the latest version, let me know if the QTE is still too hard, and I can make the red zone even wider)
The movement of the Blue Ghost is not random, she is always moving closer to you, starting from the main entrance. That's why the QTE at the hallway is very risky if you're not comfortable with the QTE, because at that point she's very close to the door. Hope this helps. EDIT: You've helped me notice that the "she has left for now" line can be misleading, I'll go rewrite or remove that line. In reality, she doesn't disappear, instead she is supposed to be closer to you.
As for the fire ghost... can you please elaborate a bit on why you think the timer is strict, so I can try to make improvements? The way the mechanic works is that the Fire Ghost is constantly emerging, by adding wood you can reset her position. You can add the wood at any given time before she attacks you.

Last edited:

Devastator325

Jul 26, 2018
Thanks for the feedback :) The input lag you've mentioned does unfortunately exist, but the lag timing is consistent. To compensate for the input lag, I've made the red zone wider than before in the Night 3 update, if you're playing on an earlier version then the QTE is harder. (if you're already on the latest version, let me know if the QTE is still too hard, and I can make the red zone even wider)
The movement of the Blue Ghost is not random, she is always moving closer to you, starting from the main entrance. That's why the QTE at the hallway is very risky if you're not comfortable with the QTE, because at that point she's very close to the door. Hope this helps. EDIT: You've helped me notice that the "she has left for now" line can be misleading, I'll go rewrite or remove that line. In reality, she doesn't disappear, instead she is supposed to be closer to you.
As for the fire ghost... can you please elaborate a bit on why you think the timer is strict, so I can try to make improvements? The way the mechanic works is that the Fire Ghost is constantly emerging, by adding wood you can reset her position. You can add the wood at any given time before she attacks you.
I managed to make my way through the two nights available on normal in the free version with some trial and error, there wasn't really enough time for me to learn the timings of the blue and green ghosts, and catching them on the cameras seemed like a crapshoot, but don't take this as criticism for all player, I'm sure I'm in the minority here as someone who hasn't played a game like this before. The Fire Ghost likely comes down to that, spam clicking over to the fireplace to check seemed to work on the second night, since for a 'noob' to this genre like me, keeping track of all the different timings was unfeasible. As a note, I basically brute forced the second night by getting a few essence early and focusing on everyone but the blue and green ghost, letting them get me whenever they showed up and just using Claire to lower pleasure when I could.

The QTE delay on click wasn't the entire problem, at least on my computer, the speed that the little target line moved was inconsistent, so it would speed up and slow down as the game lagged, making it very hard to judge when to click.

I really enjoyed the writing of the game overall, and while the snuff at the end of game overs was a turn off, the individual scenes themselves were very good, and I've really enjoyed Priestess Claire in particular, the writing has a lot of charm to it, and I'm gonna go back and try out Horror Mansion as well thanks to the writing.

Reactions: Spicy Pumpkin

allinon

Sep 12, 2017
the previous game the dev made was very good so hopefully its not one of those one hit wonder devs
That made me wonder what his previous game was, and when I saw Horror Mansion... oh boy, I haven't played this game yet, but I'm sure I'm going to love it! Just looking back at Mansion and recalling scenes where you get stuck in the coffin and get raped to death while trying to escape! :love: I wonder if this game gonna tread on similar type of horror.

• Red Heart

Canisebria

Nov 19, 2019
Loved Horror Mansion, but having trouble with this. The ghosts simply attack too often. There's no time to enjoy the game and browse the camera. I'll get pulled into a computer glitch minigame, then the delay on hitting the light because of it will cause that same ghost to attack me from the doorway.

harestheonly

Nov 25, 2021
I have unlocked all scenes but for some reason my save just disapeared, I don't know what hapened, do someone have the full save? I don't want to do it all again

Spicy Pumpkin

Game Developer
Oct 28, 2021
Loved Horror Mansion, but having trouble with this. The ghosts simply attack too often. There's no time to enjoy the game and browse the camera. I'll get pulled into a computer glitch minigame, then the delay on hitting the light because of it will cause that same ghost to attack me from the doorway.
Thanks for playing, I'm extra happy to see Horror Mansion players here :)
This game is definitely quite different from HM, and has a bit of a difficulty curve, but it gets easier on Night 3 due to the relic upgrade, which resets ghosts positions after jumpscares. Or you can just try Casual difficulty and simply enjoy the lewd attacks (the ghosts won't slow down, but you become invincible). FYI, difficulty won't really affect anything until Night 4.

Tyrew

Jan 26, 2021
Spicy pumpkin, I want you to know that I really enjoyed the game so far! Will there be another purple ghost scene? That first one was

• Red Heart

Spicy Pumpkin

Game Developer
Oct 28, 2021
Spicy pumpkin, I want you to know that I really enjoyed the game so far! Will there be another purple ghost scene? That first one was
Thanks for the support :) I think there is still one more purple ghost scene, at least.

Reactions: Tyrew

Spicy Pumpkin

Game Developer
Oct 28, 2021
What would the difficulty change?
On Night 4, if you choose to play on casual, you'll get the "bad ending", and if you play on normal, you'll get the "good ending". I highly recommend unlocking the bad ending regardless, because I have some nice scenes prepared for it :)

Reactions: DBG1

Uyamuya

Aug 3, 2020
Tried this game, difficulty was hard but passable (Yes, rape me more!), It would be better if you had hire some VAs to voice the girls rather than using the same laugh. It's very good with the FNAF vibes! Definitely waited so long for this game to release.
Couldn't seem to get to the mall tho, maybe it will be unlocked after the next update after completing night 2.

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
On Night 4, if you choose to play on casual, you'll get the "bad ending", and if you play on normal, you'll get the "good ending". I highly recommend unlocking the bad ending regardless, because I have some nice scenes prepared for it :)
This completely and utterly defeats the entire purpose of having difficulty settings.

Spicy Pumpkin

Game Developer
Oct 28, 2021
This completely and utterly defeats the entire purpose of having difficulty settings.
Feel free to share your thoughts on this my guy, I'm open to ideas. If your idea is solid, I can definitely still change how things work in this game and even mention you in post-game credits.
My reasoning for having a casual difficulty is to let casual players get to the end while collecting scenes with no fuss (I don't want people to buy the game just to get stuck and get mad at me). The normal difficulty is for players who want to play it normally, and in the end be rewarded with the true ending for their effort. If casual players suddenly decide that they like the game enough to try to get good, then they can load their save before Night 4 and challenge themselves without needing to replay the whole game.
Hmm, while I was typing this, I had an idea, maybe people who beat Night 4 on normal should automatically unlock both endings.

4.50 star(s) 11 Votes