• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.50 star(s) 14 Votes

The Silver Bard

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2017
So what's going on with the modded version of this where you don't have to play as a guy? Did that get fully discontinued?
I keep an eye on the mod thread to see if they come up with anything I want to add to the main game. Keyboard shortcuts, the comment system, and Samantha all came from that.

The main guys who were working on the mod got bored with it about a year ago. There are a couple people still talking about it. One guy decided to try completely rewriting the engine, and seems to have only got about halfway through. Now it's way too broken for anyone else to add anything.

Some people are still holding onto hope, but I think the mod is probably dead.

Drafox

Jul 27, 2017
I'll never understand the concept of battle sex... How can sex be a battle, unless you're talking about consensual rape or something... And even then, it sounds so utterly like non-sense... Trying to rationalize turning something like fight club (which you are not supposed to talk about -wink-) into a sex fight club, my mind just can't process it as anything close to being plausible... Even in fiction...
Games are not always supposed to be logical (Sci fi & fantasy ones for example), this game is well written with some very intriguing characters, try it if you have the time I'm sure you'll like it or some parts of it at least..I'm not into shallow sex with pure lust in mind and I still found it to be one of the best in it's genre. (It can get very romantic or very wild and animalistic, even dark & creepy depending on the way you play and the characters you focus on/deepen your relationship with.)

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Games are not always supposed to be logical (Sci fi & fantasy ones for example), this game is well written with some very intriguing characters, try it if you have the time I'm sure you'll like it or some parts of it at least..I'm not into shallow sex with pure lust in mind and I still found it to be one of the best in it's genre. (It can get very romantic or very wild and animalistic, even dark & creepy depending on the way you play and the characters you focus on/deepen your relationship with.)
I'll give it a go at some point...

Reactions: Drafox

Drafox

Jul 27, 2017
I'll give it a go at some point...
Good review but I can tell you that you haven't explored even 30% of the game's potential, it does have stories outside of the fights though they take time to start showing up more than a couple hours that's for sure..I also do understand that this game may not be for everyone just like any other game out there.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Good review but I can tell you that you haven't explored even 30% of the game's potential, it does have stories outside of the fights though they take time to start showing up more than a couple hours that's for sure..I also do understand that this game may not be for everyone just like any other game out there.
The combat stuff just felt way too repetitive... If it does have actual story stuff beyond the grind stuff, it should have started to show it far earlier, that way folks would expect it, and feel more drawn into putting up with the grind to get to more it... Almost 2 hours with around 5 total matches and I didn't see anything beyond the grind, traing/buy stuff, grind again, etc... At first it did seem as though the combat stuff was creative and outside of the box, but it just became so repetitive and boring... The authors have to throw a bone to the players now and then if they want to keep a player interested... And 2 hours of grind with no bone to chew, means I completely lost interest...

Drafox

Jul 27, 2017
The combat stuff just felt way too repetitive... If it does have actual story stuff beyond the grind stuff, it should have started to show it far earlier, that way folks would expect it, and feel more drawn into putting up with the grind to get to more it... Almost 2 hours with around 5 total matches and I didn't see anything beyond the grind, traing/buy stuff, grind again, etc... At first it did seem as though the combat stuff was creative and outside of the box, but it just became so repetitive and boring... The authors have to throw a bone to the players now and then if they want to keep a player interested... And 2 hours of grind with no bone to chew, means I completely lost interest...
Yeah I see where you're coming from, but back in the day when the game had no visuals at all & adult games were scarce I had a lot of patience so I gave this game at least an entire day worth of gameplay that's how I know so much about it, I'll drop a few informations here before I go to sleep: When you level up to a certain level all other characters will unlock new specialties and they'll change personality as well the shy may lose that shyness the weak might become a martial artist...etc. Also if you want to unlock dialogue and story you need to buy stuff from shops and info from that guy (forgot his name) I played this a long time ago that's why I forgot many details..Anyways after you unlock the dialogue you will be able to interract with them after fighting hours, or before them..You can also unlock training with certain teachers (they have their own scenes)...There are characters that get introduced later on in the story, and a lot of stuff, when you focus on a certain skill you unlock new moves during combat (I always up my seduction and power haven't tried other ones so i'm sure they have their own perks and moves) with time the fights will be more challenging so you'll have to use your own strategy to win them..Also 5 fights is nothing lol when you get too deep into the game you'll be able to get up to 9 wins in a single in game day so there is that.

It's a grindy game, I haven't noticed because as I said I first played it years ago during it's initial release and I'm a big fan of Silver bard so I may even be biased a bit.

Good night/day Zzzzz

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
You can also unlock training with certain teachers (they have their own scenes)...
hen you focus on a certain skill you unlock new moves during combat (I always up my seduction and power haven't tried other ones so i'm sure they have their own perks and moves)
True, but IMHO it's a weakest part of game. There's no info about how many skills are still locked in chosen stat, there's no clear description of what you will get with extended skills like magic and so on.

A lot of blind choices in grindy game when you can't respec your char freely = always a bad move. Dunno, why dev can't waste 30-60 min of his time and write some help with list of skills & their stat requirement?

For example, Fetish skill - what it's doing? I leveled it a bit and seem it's about being masochist. Why not clearly name it?

The Silver Bard

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2017
You should go talk to the information broker again. You should have enough money by the end of your 2nd match to buy info about where the girls hang out during the day. Once you have that, you can visit them between matches.

True, but IMHO it's a weakest part of game. There's no info about how many skills are still locked in chosen stat, there's no clear description of what you will get with extended skills like magic and so on.

A lot of blind choices in grindy game when you can't respec your char freely = always a bad move. Dunno, why dev can't waste 30-60 min of his time and write some help with list of skills & their stat requirement?

For example, Fetish skill - what it's doing? I leveled it a bit and seem it's about being masochist. Why not clearly name it?
I would recommend people who want to plan their builds and don't mind being spoiled on the upcoming skills take a look at the list of skills and their stat requirements on the . Also if people would like to help add to the wiki, I'd appreciate it. It's a lot to maintain on my own.

Fetish skills involving magic manipulating sexual kinks. Most Fetish skills affect both the opponent and the user, and require the user to be somewhat aroused. The first three Fetish skills you learn are Masochism, Exhibitionism, and Bondage.

Exhibition is a passive skill that gives you Mojo each turn if you're naked. It's great for the late game, when you have unlocked a bunch of powerful skills that all need Mojo.

Masochism causes both you and your opponent to increase arousal instead of decreasing it when taking pain damage. Bondage causes both you and your opponent to take arousal damage over time while tied up. These are both best used when you're in a dominant position so the opponent can't retaliate and use the status against you, but they are great for Power builds. Power based characters generally want to wear down their opponents with pain skills and bind them. If they activate these abilities first, they'll be doing a bunch of arousal damage at the same time.

Sep 11, 2017
Hopefully the fact the screen/font/everything appears to be the size of a pin is due to my high resolution monitor and not a severely inconvenient bug? If so, I take it using a magnifying glass or the digital equivalent may be the only way I can read anything. ::|:

Edit: If anyone knows a way to scale the game that'd be a great help. As is, I have to nearly press my face against the monitor just to read anything.

Edit: Thanks to Kenneth over at superuser for providing a fix that I'm bewildered nowhere else I looked had despite it's simplicity.

"...Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre\bin and find javaw.exe. Right click, properties, compatibility tab, check "override high DPI scaling behavior" and select "System" (Note that "System enhanced" did not work for me).

Now jar file windows should scale properly with readable text. If not, it might mean that Windows doesn't link jar type files to javaw.eve like it should...."

Reactions: masteroftw

The Silver Bard

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2017
Oh wow, I had no idea you could force compatibility mode on Java applications like that. Thanks for sharing that. I'll keep it in mind next time someone has an issue with scaling.

Sep 11, 2017
Oh wow, I had no idea you could force compatibility mode on Java applications like that. Thanks for sharing that. I'll keep it in mind next time someone has an issue with scaling.
The pleasure is all mine considering I get to experience your game after over a year since the mod stopped development.

This really is the type of game that can be both experienced and expanded upon in so many unique ways. :closedeyesmile:

CodeMonkey

May 31, 2017
Perhaps the dumbest article I've read this week. It's just hair color, fucking get over yourselves Japan
well the point was if they couldn't decide on what to do with a character they could use it as a quick reference to develop some traits and work from there it's not like it's a set in stone thing :/

Fitzgerald

Oct 23, 2017
This seems like a fun game, possibly one to support, but I'm dealing with a game-breaking bug - the buttons randomly go non-responsive (including their keybinds), leaving only the top menu bar (New, Load, Options, etc.) available. I've yet to get through the first night without needing to Quit Match, despite having changed settings around (turning on easy mode, turning on short matches, skipping or watching the tutorial, etc.)

Just something to be aware of, in case others are experiencing it too.

Sep 11, 2017
This seems like a fun game, possibly one to support, but I'm dealing with a game-breaking bug - the buttons randomly go non-responsive (including their keybinds), leaving only the top menu bar (New, Load, Options, etc.) available. I've yet to get through the first night without needing to Quit Match, despite having changed settings around (turning on easy mode, turning on short matches, skipping or watching the tutorial, etc.)

Have you double checked to make sure your save files are "File" type and not ".txt" or something else? I fiddled around and was able to replicate what you described by opening the saves with Notepad, OpenOffice, Rich Text Document, etc. and every time the file was saved as anything other than "File" the issues described would occur.

My advice would be, should you open the save files for any reason, to copy the original file and then use "save as" on the one you've opened and making especially sure it's saved as "File" and not ".txt" or anything else.

No clue why someone would open a save file though... none at all. ;)

The Silver Bard

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2017

Buttons not working usually means the main thread has crashed. Since the UI and backend run on separate threads, that's how most fatal errors are going to appear.

However, I haven't seen any reports of common crashes with the newest version. If there's a crash that you're running into repeatedly on the first night, I should be getting a lot of bug reports. Make sure you have Java Runtime 1.8 or newer installed, and maybe try reinstalling it to see if that helps.

4.50 star(s) 14 Votes