tysssart

Aug 17, 2017
So finaly a changelog, took him long enough... No new sex scenes, again, and once more we get another of those "user" submitted scenes added, which could be gotten for free on discord. The new town dates are a great addition though, however there should be a at least 2-3 more major changes & additions like that for an update to be actually good. Especially since the last year or so has been abysmal in form of new content.

gobbet

Oct 11, 2017
and once more we get another of those "user" submitted scenes added, which could be gotten for free on discord.
Also, from my understanding of what I read on the discord, the conditions to actually get the thing to fire are insane. You need to not have the clear headed trait, be at max drunk, the man must be a jerk, who's being actively mean to you, and also he's not at max drunk, and I think you even might need to be friends with the female patron who's there that night. Something like that anyway, it's crazy specific.

tysssart

Aug 17, 2017
Also, from my understanding of what I read on the discord, the conditions to actually get the thing to fire are insane. You need to not have the clear headed trait, be at max drunk, the man must be a jerk, who's being actively mean to you, and also he's not at max drunk, and I think you even might need to be friends with the female patron who's there that night. Something like that anyway, it's crazy specific.
Sounds like most other events in the game then. Savescumming is the ONLY way to trigger a lot of the events in the game and that's not fun whatsoever!

deformeverything

Jun 3, 2017
Sounds like most other events in the game then. Savescumming is the ONLY way to trigger a lot of the events in the game and that's not fun whatsoever!
If you open additional_scenes/official_content/ and copy paste the contents to additional_scenes/user_custom_scenes/, you can run all the user added scenes whenever you want if you check the "Allow custom scene testing" box in the options. :D

tysssart

Aug 17, 2017
If you open additional_scenes/official_content/ and copy paste the contents to additional_scenes/user_custom_scenes/, you can run all the user added scenes whenever you want if you check the "Allow custom scene testing" box in the options. :D
Yeah, but that is like cheating and removes the "game" part from the game, just as savescumming does. What I want is for all the events in the game to NOT have those high requirements too trigger. The worst part is that a lost of them is tied to various traits, both pc and npc ones and thus are very hard to actually encounter without either making custom npc:s or savescumming. It's just bad game design imo. :(

MrGhostRider

Jun 7, 2017

So i was browsing the wiki and stumbled upon this event chain. Is this implemented in game? i can't seem to trigger it.

Vasin

Nov 20, 2018

So i was browsing the wiki and stumbled upon this event chain. Is this implemented in game? i can't seem to trigger it.
From 4.14 changelog:
This version focuses on a plotline involving the PC's BF's jerk friend. To access these scenes you need:

- A boyfriend who does not have the selfish or jerk personality, does not have the doormat or likes-to-share traits and is not Horse.
- In a relationship for at least 4 weeks
- Some liking and love for him (the requirements are fairly low but aromantic will block this chain)

Ashburn

Jun 19, 2018
I just can not believe that we are now at the point that a person who is still supported by 945 people on Patreon not only makes hardly any more content and instead just adds user-created content, but also is "too tired to post changelog" and then when he does, just blatantly says that he hardly did any bugfixing.
What the hell is even happening.

camberhorse

Feb 17, 2018
People seem to enjoy having projects to support, it's like a whole hobby in itself. About ten years ago, the craze was supporting webcomics. It hardly mattered if the 'artist' couldn't draw for shit or string two words together without awful grammatical errors, people would give them money anyway. Eventually the 'artist' would invariably succumb to 'webcomic artist's flu,' a continuous state of being too ill to do any work, but 'totally posting 2 comics next week to make up for it.'' People still kept giving them money, for years and years, despite the latest update being 3 years old or whatever. Apparently it's tough to admit that the thing you've been nudging along and cheering for isn't going to happen.

tysssart

Aug 17, 2017
I just can not believe that we are now at the point that a person who is still supported by 945 people on Patreon not only makes hardly any more content and instead just adds user-created content, but also is "too tired to post changelog" and then when he does, just blatantly says that he hardly did any bugfixing.
Who knows? If I put my tinfoil hat on and speculate, maybe SO himself created 900 accounts and pay's him/herself a dollar a piece just to make it seem like the project is still popular has has lots of supporters. The fact that SO hid the amount New Life is sponsored with every month quite some time ago (well over a year at least) made me startled as a patreon. Back then, the game still got some steam going on and made like 6-7k a month from roughly 1k patreons, something the creator thought wasn't enough to live comfortably by for some reason, but still managed to create way, way better content and updates.

If the game still makes that much cash despite the last year of constantly shitty updates, that gets worse and more lazy as time goes by, then something is very wrong!

ajsimps

Jul 23, 2017
I don't get this. at all. boggles my mind how people can still give their hard earned money to support this guy.

I downloaded the previous version on a whim, after not playing for close to 3 years and was hard pressed to find any difference between now and then.

Then I read a few changelogs of previous versions, and it's basically him detailing how he fixed a typo there, or changed how one of the clothing items is described, or how a modifier now adds less of the thing it added previously. in a java text game. lol.

I assume actual patrons don't browse here often but still, do they think they're being nice by supporting him or what? you're being disrespected.

3.50 star(s) 34 Votes