VL0rD

Oct 29, 2016
is this game fully text based or is it possible to add image packs in reference with the text scenes

tysssart

Aug 17, 2017
Basically a month to add 1 new custom scene, a few text edits, some minor adjustments.... and whole lot of scene creation management.

Meanwhile, my MC still can't get eaten out.

See you guys in November.
Yep, this game has been like that for way to long now. While custom scenes in itself is not a bad idea, the time spent on supporting it and especially when you wait a month only to see that all you get is a single scene and some minor fixes/changes is frustrating. And when you compare the time spent on adding support and writing guides, changing the code to support player created content, to actual "new" content in the game, it's just a huge waste of time, at least for me.

I support the intiative, though I must say: the way custom scenes work and the way many ideas just don't work in new life (as the necessary functionalities are not implemented yet or they are not supported), this might not be interesting to some people who are looking for specific fetishes and custom adventures in new life. Splendid him self said this in one of the manuals or blog posts.

I looked at splendid's work more closely (khmmm, decompiled it) and his dev. road map and what I've seen made me call off my patreon support, seeing how long it will take for him to deliver on his promises.
Anyways,
I wish all the success and fun to the people who decide to write scenes for newlife. I'm sure a couple of scenes that Splendidostrich will allow in his game will work fine, other than that... well... you'll find out :)
I've been supporting New-Life on pateron since V 0.6 or something like that and while the game still stands out as an amazing game in it's genre, the current slow progress the game has seen during the last 12 months+, has made me question supporting this game until I see some actual progress. Adding a scene here and there just dosen't cut it and I suspect that I'm hardly alone in having such thoughts. In fact, the stuff you could do back the is pretty similar to what you can do now, 3 events each week, work/dance/gym, clubbing and end of the week stuff. I'm not saying nothing new has been added, far from it in fact. But it's also a fact that this game plays and feels exactly like it did back when I first played it. The major changes is that there is a lot of small, subtle changes, things to do, reactions of the npc:s, extended scenes, customization, compared what the game included back when I first tried it.

As I mentioned earlier, the new content each update comes with and the general progress of the game itself, has slowed down way to much to my liking. I've been thinking about canceling my sub for quite a while actually, but lack of similar games and the fact that I still play the game a fair bit each month has stopped me so far. But this last update and the past few months equally lackluster updates, is very close to being the proverbial straw that breaks my poor camels back. I'll give it one more month and then just cancel my sub unless there is some actual good amount of progress and content to be seen. Because in the end, this is an adult game and without new smut to support it, the life sim part is just plain, dull and boring!

So does anyone know how to create custom NPCs for the current build? There used to be some kind of character creator but I don't have it anymore and don't think it's up to date anyway. Getting pretty tired of getting the most insane and unattractive NPCs from random gen.
Well... You could make your own NPC:s from scratch, there should be some guides for that included (not sure if they come with the free version though) in the dl and it's not exactly rocket science either. And once you've made one you can just copy/paste it into each new version of the game and just as easily edit the file to make more npc:s if you wish.

I did find some sort of npc creator in the discord channel like some other poster previously pointed out. I haven't tried it personally since I customize my own npc:s by editing them and change/add traits and looks that way, but it might be what you are looking for though if it works anything like the old npc creators.

bornsinner

Sep 2, 2017
just found out about this game, looks interesting to me, never played text only game before. Are there any similar games to this does anyone know?

sybreal

Aug 16, 2016
just found out about this game, looks interesting to me, never played text only game before. Are there any similar games to this does anyone know?
If you're looking for similar as in text-based, then you can try Fenoxo's games. They're called Corruption of Champions and Trials in Tainted Space. They're fantasy and sci-fi themed respectively and focus on transformations, corruption, and generally sexy shenanigans. Though these aren't similar to newlife in terms of theme, they are excellent games.

Reactions: bornsinner

whoanell

Nov 26, 2016
If you're looking for similar as in text-based, then you can try Fenoxo's games. They're called Corruption of Champions and Trials in Tainted Space. They're fantasy and sci-fi themed respectively and focus on transformations, corruption, and generally sexy shenanigans. Though these aren't similar to newlife in terms of theme, they are excellent games.
As Miliki said, Liliths Throne is a good text only game. Still in development but been following it since near start. Dev is also VERY good at pumping new updates out.

Besides that Corruption of Champions is the classic text only NSFW game, and even better with the revamp mod.

Also by the same dev as CoC is TiTS: Trials in Tainted Space, which puts a SCI-FI spin on its fantasy predecessor.

Reactions: bornsinner

tysssart

Aug 17, 2017
That depends, are you looking for regular text based adult games in general, or is it a specific genre you're after? If it's Life-Sims you're after, then you're pretty much out of luck unfortunately. There are quite a few games such as Girl Life, Big Kuyash, Son of a bitch, Rubedo, Mothers Best Friend, Happy Ends, ETO/Province, SimGirl, Student Girl, and a whole lot of other Russian QSP games, most of them are machine translated and they are NOT text based either.

Here is a link on forum for Girl Life that lists quite a few life-sim esque games, most are Russians and are machine translated as I mentioned, which can and will lead to some hilarious conversations with the various npc:s in those games. Actually, I'd advise you to take some time and browse around on that site ( ), there are a lot of games there and not a small number of them are text based if that's what you're after. The site is for transformation based games though, so most of the games future that in some form.

Adult life-sim games in English is very rare unfortunately, especially sandbox like games. There are some like - Fresh Start, Life choices, Cursed (abandoned AGAIN, which is damned sad since the game was a great life sim, despite being on the worst game platform ever, RAGS) and I saw that FemSim was updated recently, which is also an English game, could be wrong though. Basicaly, the adult life-sim genre is extremely undeveloped and narrow when it comes to games in English. :(

There is a new game coming soon (TM), Accidental Woman, which will hopefully become a serious competitor to Newlife (I'm sincerely hoping that it will be a serious rival to Newlife so that the creator of of the game, Splendid Ostrich, gets his or her ostrich head out of the sand and starts to actually work for those 5-6k the game brings in every month. Unfortunately that game seems like a straight up copy of Newlife, with way better looking interface and many more options, the unfortunate part is that the game has absolutely ZERO content in the game currently and the creator seems to want to build up a slick interface before adding any actual smut, which makes is pointless to play until there is some actual stuff to do in the game. Actually, I'm quite worried that the creator is going to burn out and lose interest due to adding way to much other stuff, working on making it look good, adding lots and lots of slick graphics options, clothes, shopping and so on, before adding any any actual sex to the game.

They are nothing alike aside from being text based. CoC and TITS are indeed text-based games, the main difference is that those two games mainly focuses on transformations, shemale/futa and above all, furry content. Don't get me wrong, they are both good games and I like them, but the genre they are in, is pretty damn far from a life-sim like Newlife. They do have an absurd amount of sexy stuff, options, things to do, explore and comes with hours upon hours of fappable gameplay. to enjoy though. Also, there was also another game Fenoxo hosted on his site, Fall of Eden, which is very similar to CoC and TITS, however that games seems to be abandoned and is in an unfinished state, although it's still playable and has a fair bit of content. Like Fenoxos games, it follows the same structure, perhaps even with a bigger focus on the furry part.

Take a look at Lilith's Throne.
Also not a bad suggestion or game for that matter. It's main problem like so many others, is the lack of a decent amount of content to keep you interested after playing though it once.

kymico

Nov 29, 2016
He is to me, BY FAR, the worst milker there is.

Impure isn't far behind but impure is just incompetent, SO literally is a scammer with well articulated monthly updates that try to make his project seem like he reach some kind of key milestone or achievement when quintessentially he did about 2 days work, max. In some cases, I think writing the blog update is the most time sensitive part since he probably reads it over and over and over again to make it as clean as possible.

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
When I think about it I don't know if to hate the guy or respect him for being able to make so much money by (legally) scamming people.

kymico

Nov 29, 2016
There's a Patreon post on the 9th, long shot but what are they talking about?

N

notahuman

This game is in a dreadful state atm, years later and he still has not implemented various jobs, activities (like the promised martial arts), housing, lesbian content and paying rent. This is basic shit that should be in the game long before a random scene that only triggers if your wearing a short skirt, have a shy friend, low self esteem and are taking a dance class. I was a patreon of this guy for almost 2 years and the work effort has taken a nose dive ever since he decided to upload once a month. The fan written scenes are also garbage considering he has to implement them on his end which means most content will be denied and vanilla shit will be approved, not to mention he keeps updating the commands for scenes breaking old ones completely. Complete trash.

BitSypher

Sep 25, 2017
Does this game have any picture? (Lol, couldn't resist. I read the entire thread.)

I started playing the game a few days ago and felt it had a lot of potentials. Found myself pretty disappointed when I saw the date on the very first post and the feeling got worst up to the end.

Now I wasn't going to post anything because most of my opinions have already been expressed by a large number of you but I did see a few of you suggested creating content and submitting it to the dev and I would recommend against that. Doing so would literally feed into the behavior we all seem to hate. I'm not saying I hate the content quality thus far, but the last patch note is really pathetic:

Basically a month to add 1 new custom scene, a few text edits, some minor adjustments.... and whole lot of scene creation management.
This here is being generous to the dev. The "whole lot of scene creation management" was 1 day work tops. Most of the mechanic already existed then were made known to public for use. The rest were renaming method names which is, I kid you not, literally just Alt+H Find "ABC" Replace "XYZ" in the code editor. If you want to contribute content, please find some other dev (perhaps one that just started their project) and pitch your ideas I strongly believe they will be more receptive.

When I first played and saw the content creation and characters template button, my immediate reaction was "holy shit, this is really cool, players get to create their own content and play? Community around this game should be great!" And I think that's how the dev should have pivoted his/her development. Work purely on the framework to allow new mechanic and functionality, let the users create their own content and host those content some where so players can download content they want to play. Think Skyrim and all its mods except the dev doesn't have to create the vanilla Skyrim level contents. This way, the dev can continue to "milk" the development because it would just be building and maintaining the framework while users be in charge of their own content. The users can then opt in/out of contents that interest or disgust them while the dev won't have to deal with anal content.

I'm rambling, sorry, but I think that could/should/would work. If designed properly, this framework could take in a "Story" module that'll drive the game play progression and allows infinite number of sub module that would add flavor to the story including fetishes, random encounters, and additional stories (thinking side quests and DLC). Hints of the current frameworks being capable of this is already there but I don't have the source code to say more.

Shit, that's a long post, I had strong feelings after reading the thread. :FeelsBadMan:

No one will read this anyway. :cool:

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
No one will read this anyway. :cool:
I did :D

I had the same (excited) reaction when I discovered the game a couple of months ago, then I realised how things really were. For the framework+content part: yeah, that's the reason I really liked the idea when I read about it. Except it doesn't work that way: the modder works his ass off on one mod, then he have to post it on Discord, then the developer has to approve the content (and knowing him that means all content except plain sex scenes or dialogues will be purged), than the same guy that works 1-2 days a month on the game (for 10k $) needs to incorporate it into the game.

But maybe you meant "someone should build a framework like that"? What I can tell you is that with this guy it will never happen.

Reactions: Daybyday

BitSypher

Sep 25, 2017
@Mwanted

I understand that's not how the current modding system works and that's a big missed opportunity. I want to see him work toward that instead of making more contents because it doesn't seem like the contents would ever come. If he doesn't work on it, someone should. $10k a month? There has to be some people interested in doing that work.

Reactions: anacrothe

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
Do you want to know the last one? The 10k/month guy is telling recently on discord he hurt himself and the result is a development slowdown :D. Do you guys think it is possible to go slower than his usual speed? :extremelyhappy:

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 34 Votes