• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py - New Tail [v0.2] [Kaind]

1. 3.00 star(s)

MidnightKing

Review for v0.1

Potential is the word here. I only recommend playing this now/in the relative future if and only if you're very okay with trying out an obvious first project from a beginner dev. Not going to sugarcoat it too much, the game is rough in a lot of areas. I didn't play all available content because of that either. However, I do feel like the game has some promise.

After a rather unique intro and method of getting isekaid, we find ourselves naked in a random field. A bunny girl happens to be nearby, takes us to her farm, and the standard sandbox starts there.

Before anything, if I'm ever going to be able to truly get into this, I need the English to improve. While it's not completely unintelligible, it's clear there's a sort of language barrier here. It makes scenes and general dialogue feel super wonky to the point of making me unable to really immerse myself in the game.

The sandbox part needs some work as well. I'm not one to complain about grind, but there's already wayyyy too much of it. I need variance if I'm going to be repeating events, and I shouldn't have to repeat them this many times to progress events. Beyond that it's just missing QOL features I've come to expect in sandbox games. A fast travel, some form of info telling me where the girls are, a proper journal giving me any form of direction, etc etc.

So what makes this redeamable? It has character, and a surprising amount of it. I've played many many AVNs that look top of the line graphically, but feel absolutely soulless. Not the case here. Despite the rough translation, I'm still finding myself drawn to some of the love interests. They're cute. Lots of small details in the few events I played that are just... kinda nice to see? Hard to put into words really. But it's enough to make me really want to see this game improve.

If I'm being truly objective I think this stands at three stars as per the rating. But again it is not without potential imo. It's a very in-development game and I'm hoping the dev finds their ground and turns this into something nice. Hope to see it get there, but if you're looking purely at what is present then I'd tell you to hold off for awhile.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

naturaljunior

this is the beginning of a great game, all the characters have unique personalities, they look very good, sleepy kitty and foxy mayor especially noice, cute dragon girl needs headpats, loyal dog girl is interesting, it all is a great start.

I will say some of the spelling and grammar needs a bit of work, but overall pretty solid English. The music is pretty good, we get some animations here and there that are a nice touch. There isnt much in the lewd content right now, but this is a 0.1 release so you only really get to know the characters a little, more events in the future to look forward to.

The story has a bit of a mystery as to what happened to our character after the prologue and its an interesting adventure so far.