RPGM Abandoned New Roissy: Celine [Day 2] [Forcefer]

Rech

Nov 2, 2016
I like the renders. But Christ fuck me in the ass, gameplay-wise it's awful.

It's the most horrible thing you can do with RPG-Maker - lower the character speed and put a lot of background stuff everywhere, so the game will be slow as fuck and make CPU think I'm playing the Witcher 3. Honestly, this is why people hate RPGM.

Just look at Clymenia or ScaleGarden games to see how it should be done.

forcefer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2016
tell the "author" not to complain about it being posted unready..as he is getting highly valuable FREE bug testing from expert adult gamers many who are skilled in the mechanics of the games and offer insight ...plus you get sarcastic folks like me that just make life fun
I'm sorry, but no! Uploading an unfinished product without asking permission is wrong.
It creates a bad impression about the game and the author! Incorrect tags, even in the name of the error and I listen to claims that have no reason.
About the description of the game generally keep quiet !
No error test , in a normal game
nobody unsubscribed ...
Just a bad impression...
I do not know who published the game. But you will probably understand why I do not please
ps
...pluI do not know who published the game. But you will probably understand why I do not please s you get sarcastic folks like me that just make life fun
:cry:

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
Hmmm, well this is a "game"? It doesn't really seem to make a difference what choices you make- the game still kinda steers you in one linear direction.

There doesn't seem to be one likeable character anywhere in the game. Everyone in the town (that has something do with the plot) are just a bunch of predators- preying on the weak, young, innocent girls and abusing the absolute Hell out of them. Why isn't the town called "New Misogyny"? "Puerto Valla-lation"? "Rape Cod"? (Maybe one of the locations in the town that will open up will be an "Abusement Park".)

The languages don't seem to be able to make up their mind- the options are in Russian, Opale speaks in German for some odd reason (for a bit), and the dialogue is absolutely atrocious- calling it "Engrish" would at least mean that it's semi-intelligible and makes some semblance of sense... This writing makes the characters sound like they have an accent from West Autism, which is just Down from Syndrome. :) Try putting the text into Google and it comes back with "Reply Hazy, Try Again".

The games does have some really cute girls in it, but the way they're treated makes it really, really hard to stomach this type of game/VN. I've read through the comments that this is based off of a comic- which I have admittedly not read; but I just have a feeling that due the oppressive nature and grim environment that this isn't going to be a game where things turn around, Celine finally takes charge and gets the upper hand, or we get any kind of happy ending. Things are going to go from bad to catastrophic- and without the option for choices that matter, this isn't going to end well for poor, sweet, (semi)innocent Celine...

That's truly a shame, because there was just something so enticing about the young, teenage-looking Velma. :)

So, I'm going to have to say that this game is a "Soft Pass" for me, I would say "hard"- but I'm not the kind of monster that gets excited about treating girls/women/females in this manner.

forcefer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2016
@Safetydummy ,I will try to answer the points ...
Hmmm, well this is a "game"? It doesn't really seem to make a difference what choices you make- the game still kinda steers you in one linear direction.
On the reasons of what you made such conclusion? Text and Art differ ... I spent a lot of time on this.

This is the first day of the game. But even now your choice has different consequences.
The game is small. But! It has three plot lines. And three end.

There doesn't seem to be one likeable character anywhere in the game.
Well, i tried :)
Babar aka Bernard...
Opale... (here depends on the route ... )
are just a bunch of predators- preying on the weak, young, innocent girls and abusing the absolute Hell out of them.
Well... Yes!
Why isn't the town called "New Misogyny"? "Puerto Valla-lation"? "Rape Cod"?
Because :p!
"Roissy" Enter in Google and see what happens ...
The languages don't seem to be able to make up their mind- the options are in Russian, Opale speaks in German for some odd reason...
read previous posts.
and the dialogue is absolutely atrocious- calling it "Engrish" would at least mean that it's semi-intelligible and makes some semblance of sense...
I'm working on it.:cry: Can you specify and I will correct?
...Celine finally takes charge and gets the upper hand, or we get any kind of happy ending.
Hmmm... I do not agree with you...
Things are going to go from bad to catastrophic...
Well... ''Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker'' :D:D:D
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Celine will have her chance ...
...this isn't going to end well for poor, sweet, (semi)innocent Celine...
for them it always ends badly ... Well ... or they grow up ...
So, I'm going to have to say that this game is a "Soft Pass" for me, I would say "hard"
I agree.Maybe the game is not for you ...
But why play with the tag
Corruption, BDSM , humiliation,slave ?

but I'm not the kind of monster that gets excited about treating girls/women/females in this manner.
So... so sorry I'm monster :censored:

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
@forcefer (Is this meant to a combination of "force" (as in against one's will) and Lucifer? Clever, if it is.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post and for answering my questions, and doing it rather in-depth-ly. :) I do appreciate that- and I feel I owe you the respect and courtesy of a response. :) I didn't know the best way to do it, without confusing myself...so I just copied and pasted the whole thing.
On the reasons of what you made such conclusion? Text and Art differ ... I spent a lot of time on this.
  1. I did play all of the options, when they presented themselves- and while there were minor variances, I didn't see a large difference with the outcomes. Perhaps those decisions are more of a "ripple effect" and while they may not seem important now- maybe they'll accumulate over time and truly matter in the future. :)
This is the first day of the game. But even now your choice has different consequences.
The game is small. But! It has three plot lines. And three end.
  1. This isn't something I was aware of- I've read posts that say it's based on a comic/novel, and I'm (admittedly) unfamiliar with it. Considering the comic/novel is already linear- it sounds like you're going change people's expectations, depending on the route that they choose. I'll give you credit for that- that's a refreshing idea.
Well, i tried :)
Babar aka Bernard...
Opale... (here depends on the route ... )
  1. I'm not saying that effort wasn't put into their characters or their development, but if they live in this city- I'm sure they have some of the same predatory instincts as the rest of the residents. I was basing my decision, solely, off of that. They both just seem to eye Celine up and down, like the rest of the townsfolk. I'm probably wrong about them, going off of what you said. :)
Well... Yes!
  1. You seem oddly excited about that... :)
Because :p!
"Roissy" Enter in Google and see what happens ...
  1. This one seems open to interpretation. I did type it into Google and it brought up several possibilities (I'm sure it's not the Air & Space Museum or the Metalithe). I'm guessing that you were to referring to its links to "The Story of O" and the Marquis DeSade? There is also, apparently, a Second Life commune dedicated to the training and education of Dominant and submissive girls. I'm beginning to sense a theme here... Lol Unless there was something specific I was supposed to find...
I'm working on it.:cry: Can you specify and I will correct?
  1. I apologize for this comment. I was just being an arse and an overly proud member of the Grammar Gestapo. :) I have no idea what your primary language is and you may have some difficulty with English. I cannot think of one specific instance, there were quite a few- I'd have to go back and look through it, but I don't know how to review the script (it's not a Ren'py game).
Hmmm... I do not agree with you...
  1. This, you would know more than I. :) Just based off of what I played, the overall tone, NPC comments, and the treatment of the girls around her- it just seemed that she was going to end up becoming everyone's victim/slave.
Well... ''Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker'' :D:D:D
What does not destroy me, makes me stronger;)
  1. Thanks for the translation- my German isn't the greatest, I can still pick out words here and there and try to cobble the sentence together...but that's about it.
Celine will have her chance ...
for them it always ends badly ... Well ... or they grow up ...
  1. I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. Celine may have the opportunity to avoid/escape being treated like the other girls in the village? I'm confused, because the next sentence says "for them, it always ends badly..." Is this referring to all of the other girls or is Celine included in "them". If you could clarify this for me. :)
I agree.Maybe the game is not for you ...
But why play with the tag
Corruption, BDSM , humiliation,slave ?
  1. Y'know it very well may not be. I did at least try and played all the way through to the end to discover that- not like some people who would just criticize a game they've never even opened. IF nothing else, I did do that.
  2. Tbth, I'm not sure... I've played quite a few games on here with content that I didn't initially find appealing or even have a passing interest in exploring. I've learned quite a bit about myself and things I didn't know about myself... Lol I at least try to leave myself open to new ideas and/or experiences.
  3. To answer this, honestly, there are varying degrees "corruption/BDSM/Slave..." There are extremes with any fetish/kink- I was thinking this may be more like a "Fifty Shades..." type of experience. I don't see anything wrong with light bondage, spanking, (mild) humiliation, roleplaying, and things like that. I just prefer it to be mutual/consensual- physically and sexually abusing someone against their will (as the characters seem to be) exceeds the bounds BDSM and really cannot be called anything other than what it is- rape. This was not a tag that I recall seeing in the OP- there's nothing wrong with rape "roleplay" either, but I doubt that is what's happening in this instance. These girls appear to have absolutely no say in terms of their treatment- there's no "safe words" or time-outs. These girls are just things, objects, beasts, receptacles, less-than-human, consumables for the sole amusement and pleasure of their masters... This is neither something that I can abide nor condone (even in the context of escapism within a game).
So... so sorry I'm monster :censored:

Please don't take this comment so seriously or personally. I'm not here to shame you or like-minded people. Please keep in mind that this is just my opinion and thoughts on it- there are probably lots of people that share your vision. You made the game that you wanted to and put the time and effort into it that was required to get the desired result. No one can take that away from you.
We're all monsters beneath the surface- it just depends on what it takes to unleash that side of ourselves.

AND, you still made a really adorable, teenage Velma. :)

forcefer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2016
@Safetydummy

(Is this meant to a combination of "force" (as in against one's will) and Lucifer? Clever, if it is.
Yes.You are one of few who understood. (y)
I did play all of the options, when they presented themselves- and while there were minor variances, I didn't see a large difference with the outcomes. Perhaps those decisions are more of a "ripple effect" and while they may not seem important now- maybe they'll accumulate over time and truly matter in the future.
Да.Это так.Различия будет нарастать.
This one seems open to interpretation. I did type it into Google and it brought up several possibilities (I'm sure it's not the Air & Space Museum or the Metalithe). I'm guessing that you were to referring to its links to "The Story of O" and the Marquis DeSade? There is also, apparently, a Second Life commune dedicated to the training and education of Dominant and submissive girls. I'm beginning to sense a theme here... Lol Unless there was something specific I was supposed to find...
Yes, you understood correctly. ;) Marquis DeSade is mentioned as one of the sponsors of the library:D.
Thanks for the translation- my German isn't the greatest, I can still pick out words here and there and try to cobble the sentence together...but that's about it.
My German Is a bit rusty, I must admit.:D
As is the case with Rammstein it's just a quote.
Friedrich Nietzsche . (1883)
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. Celine may have the opportunity to avoid/escape being treated like the other girls in the village?
I'm sorry, please excuse my English.
Celine may have the opportunity to avoid/escape being treated like the other girls in the village?
yes.Rather understand something about yourself and become a little predator.
I'm confused, because the next sentence says "for them, it always ends badly..." Is this referring to all of the other girls or is Celine included in "them". If you could clarify this for me.
"for them, it always ends badly..." included in "...for poor, sweet, innocent...":(

Y'know it very well may not be. I did at least try and played all the way through to the end to discover that- not like some people who would just criticize a game they've never even opened. IF nothing else, I did do that.
Thanks for attention
Tbth, I'm not sure... I've played quite a few games on here with content that I didn't initially find appealing or even have a passing interest in exploring. I've learned quite a bit about myself and things I didn't know about myself... Lol I at least try to leave myself open to new ideas and/or experiences.
Correct approach to the life;)
To answer this, honestly, there are varying degrees "corruption/BDSM/Slave..." There are extremes with any fetish/kink- I was thinking this may be more like a "Fifty Shades..." type of experience. I don't see anything wrong with light bondage, spanking, (mild) humiliation, roleplaying, and things like that...
It's all difficult ... I hardly have enough knowledge of the language to explain the nuances. :(
I can only say that no rape will be. Corruption, sexually abusing ,blackmail, blackmail not rape!
I don't like it myself. Vulgar and not interesting.

In general, just wait for the continuation. :)
PS
I can send you a new text on
correction. But it will not be interesting to play ...

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
Yes.You are one of few who understood. (y)
  1. I am smart- and people think I'm just another ugly face. Lol
Да.Это так.Различия будет нарастать.
  1. Okay, my German sucks- there isn't a word to describe my Russian, oh yeah...there is- non-existent. :)
Yes, you understood correctly. ;) Marquis DeSade is mentioned as one of the sponsors of the library:D.
  1. Yeah, he seems to come up a lot when BDSM is mentioned- must have something to do with him being the "Father" of it...
My German Is a bit rusty, I must admit.:D
As is the case with Rammstein it's just a quote.
Friedrich Nietzsche . (1883)
  1. I have heard that quote many times, but tbth had no idea of its origins. I learned something today.
&
yes.Rather understand something about yourself and become a little predator.
  1. This still sounds like Celine (as well as all the other girls) are just lambs for the slaughter. :) It's interesting that Celine's going to be victimized, considering there isn't a male protagonist. All of the decisions that "she" (meaning, me, the MC) makes are going lead to her being abused. This is an odd mechanic- normally the MC tries to avoid this type of treatment. :)
"for them, it always ends badly..." included in "...for poor, sweet, innocent...":(
  1. This kinda goes back to my "bleak outlook" comment from the original post... Lol
Thanks for attention
  1. As I said before, I DL'd (originally) because the "cute, teenage Velma". The rest of art is good as well, BUT you can tell from the way the rest of the characters are drawn that they're not good people... They just look scummy, greasy, slimy, and almost evil. You can tell that they have nothing but the worst intentions towards any of the girls in the village... I'm not sure how you rendered "smarmy", but you did an excellent job. Lol
Correct approach to the life;)
  1. I may have, unintentionally, discovered things about myself that I didn't want or need to know... It's fascinating to learn just what your personal threshold is by nothing more than playing a game...
It's all difficult ... I hardly have enough knowledge of the language to explain the nuances. :(
I can only say that no rape will be. Corruption, sexually abusing ,blackmail, blackmail not rape!
I don't like it myself. Vulgar and not interesting.
  1. Okay, this one is a tad confusing. I'm sure lawyers have a loose interpretation on what constitutes "rape", but

In general, just wait for the continuation. :)
PS
I can send you a new text on
correction. But it will not be interesting to play ...

pepette

Game Developer
Feb 20, 2018
the game is very buggy
- there's a lot of mistake about where you can walk or not (I could go from stairs to the wardrobe walking on the wall for exemple)
- It seems to miss a lot of word in the text. But as I'm not English native, I'm probably not the best judge...
- I like the beguin of the story. For me it start like a comix I read some year ago (can't remember the name for now...) But if it's the game transposition of this comix, I think it will be a nice game...
- Now, I'm stuck... Take a shower and could'nt go downstair watever clothes I wear. Always have the picture of Celine in wet clothes saying she can't go dressed like this...

pepette

Game Developer
Feb 20, 2018
I finally found the name of the comix, this game remind me : (french title : "petite vicieuse")
as I said, if the game is an adaptation of it, I think it will be a very nice game !

Reactions: GreatBuddy