QSP Abandoned Neighbor [Final] [Balddoor]

depeche

Nov 10, 2016
You don't imagine how many lurkers are there.
Not so many post anything, but if you got a count on downloads you'll see your audience.

Qaeron

Apr 14, 2017
It's easy to remember this game even after several years - a voyeur's paradise, qualitatively different from 1000 clones of Big Brother and DMD. The problematic translation and undocumented mechanics even helped to amp up the mystique - similar to starting a book halfway through! Like a savant among the sheeple, the game deserved to flourish :(

balddoor

Jan 4, 2018
thanks for good words
version posted here is Russian version of game, It is quite simple to translate it into English - in principle, machine translation should give an acceptable result
if anyone bothers and uploads an english file i will add it to the game
if you have questions about mechanics or errors - write here I will answer as far as possible
and I'm working on another game now, as soon as I finish the first version I will add an update to this

elmandor

Respected User
Mar 6, 2017
Thanks now we need a English translation. I wonder who can do that :unsure:

Qaeron

Apr 14, 2017
Apparently, 0.2.6 is TWICE as large than 0.2.1! At that rate, 1.0.0 will be in terabyte range :)

Had some time today, so jury-rigged a dirty script, extracted the strings, ran through vaunted DeepL and pushed them back. The output is... not as great as the machine learning buzzword wrt DeepL would imply. Still, close to half of all pre-existing EN strings were placeholders (the notorious 'bla-bla-bla'), and now almost all of the strings are in English (of a kind). Of course, the strings composed from multiple pieces (e.g. Nastia's sex UI) currently look horrible - and as QSP doesn't support proper string interpolation, the fixing will need to be messy and uninspired.

Tried a quick gaming session, here are some bugs:
* During the initial selection of Nastia's features (depravity vs. curiosity, etc.), the third screen hard-crashes the QSP runtime. Workaround - choose the bottom option (Skip)
* Clicking the 'Settings' menu resets the UI language to Russian (?). The fix: immediately click the 'ru' letters below and enter a proper language number
* The second time 'Explore' action is invoked, QSP runtime hard-crashes. I _think_ I fixed this one - apparently, stack overflow was happening with recursive calls :)

balddoor

Jan 4, 2018
tnx
I will have free time only on the weekend. If the errors are not conceptual, I will post the correction on Monday

Qaeron

Apr 14, 2017
failed to repeat - I can't fix it
Begin -> Continue -> [... intro] -> Look around -> [... intro] -> Go out to the stairwell -> [... intro] -> ['Sleep' becomes visible for the first time] -> SETTINGS -> boom!
(Same scenario happens with your original QSP file)

While we're at the topic:

Some more bugs:
* Reading Nastia's news feed items sometimes shows an exception message box (IIRC, always for the same news item)
* Going Outside (Shopping, etc.) sets money to 0 (the code there seems to be mostly placeholder, at least it looks this way?)
* During intro, sometimes Nastia's sex scene appears even before MC met her on the stairwell
* When chatting with Nastia on social network (with high skills on MC), only one possible response is shown to all of her standard topics (when skills are low, at least 3-4 responses are visible)
* 'Explore' command takes up 1 hour - that is utterly unrealistic (unless we count the time to... have fun 'off-camera' while exploring? :) )
* Spending time in Nastia's flat till evening or even night is allowed and does not account for the fact that Nastia is home from 19 o'clock and would notice MC in her flat

Some questions:
* Can we interact face-to-face with Nastia after the initial meeting in the stairwell, or is everything strictly hands-off? 'Random' meetings in the stairwell and especially Outside would seem logical
* The places Outside seem to be placeholders (apart from setting money to 0), or do they have some mechanics to trigger?
* Does reading Nastia's social network news feed change anything or is it there just as flavor text?
* There seems to be nothing to do during weekends, because Nastia is mostly away - is that by design, a bug, or is there some path to open up new choices?

balddoor

Jan 4, 2018
Begin -> Continue -> [... intro] -> Look around -> [... intro] -> Go out to the stairwell -> [... intro] -> ['Sleep' becomes visible for the first time] -> SETTINGS -> boom!
(Same scenario happens with your original QSP file)

I have no errors - perhaps adding a new locale gave this effect. let's see if the error persists after updating

the list of bugs is great - perhaps the update will be released later than Monday

Some questions:
* Can we interact face-to-face with Nastia after the initial meeting in the stairwell, or is everything strictly hands-off? 'Random' meetings in the stairwell and especially Outside would seem logical
meetings were planned as part of story updates. it is not yet known when I will decide to program it

* The places Outside seem to be placeholders (apart from setting money to 0), or do they have some mechanics to trigger?
skipping work is bad, and on weekends it should lead to meetings with Nastya

* Does reading Nastia's social network news feed change anything or is it there just as flavor text?
knowledge of news should give an additional bonus when communicating with Nastya on social networks

* There seems to be nothing to do during weekends, because Nastia is mostly away - is that by design, a bug, or is there some path to open up new choices?
on the weekend the player was supposed to meet Nastya. if he does not meet her, this is a bug

i107760

Sistersitting / Housesitting Developer
Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
I love QSP games, hoping someone that knows Russian will pick up and improve the machine translation.

Pretty rare too, to see a QSP game with a male protagonist.

Lednacek

May 26, 2017
Playing QSP games i am interested only in one thing. How is the English. I guess i will watch this for someone to fix the translation.