RPGM None WIP [Naedoko Dungeon Chronicle] [RJ088554] [Tsukinomizu Project]

Sleepy_Head

Jan 1, 2020
I translated very little today, around 20% of 1 map. Not a very inspiring advancement today, but in 2 days more I can probably squeeze more time.

Today I had an almost complete free day so I just lazed around.

Sleepy_Head

Jan 1, 2020
Finished that map so this area is complete, or so I thought, I didn't finish half of one map. Good news is that I found that this ~ to replace ~. For some reason ~ stays at the center while ~ stays at the top of the line so I changed all ~ I managed to find.

I changed "ojou-chan" to "lady". At first it was "missy", but I don't think someone uses that word nowadays.

I also tested the prologue and the the spacing of the introduction is super weird, it doesn't resemble the preview image at all, I tried to center those text instead of that weird thing. I really hate that I can't change RPG Maker VX text preview font.

I am planning to finish this floor around 2 weeks later thursday, the ero-scenes will take a good while to translate after all.

bakazaraki

Oct 6, 2019
Finished that map so this area is complete, or so I thought, I didn't finish half of one map. Good news is that I found that this ~ to replace ~. For some reason ~ stays at the center while ~ stays at the top of the line so I changed all ~ I managed to find.

I changed "ojou-chan" to "lady". At first it was "missy", but I don't think someone uses that word nowadays.

I also tested the prologue and the the spacing of the introduction is super weird, it doesn't resemble the preview image at all, I tried to center those text instead of that weird thing. I really hate that I can't change RPG Maker VX text preview font.

I am planning to finish this floor around 2 weeks later thursday, the ero-scenes will take a good while to translate after all.
My weeb side says keep it "ojou-chan", but my normal side say "it is okay to be lady" XD
Probably i am the only with that in mind : p

Sleepy_Head

Jan 1, 2020
I finally finished that area for real! I also double checked to see if I missed something this time and a part of the next area.

There is an enemy named "レッド・グー" (Ledo・Guu) which I translated as Red Guh. I hope that was the intended name. Yeah, I know, it sounds stupid but this person in question is someone from the giant race and is wearing a red short. I really wish that this game artbook included all the named characters together with their English names.

I also had trouble with a character named オンズマ (Onzuma), I decided to leave it as Onzma, even though this is not a name, but well this is an isekai anyways with a world surprsingly richer and more complex than the typical isekai so strange names are a given.

I also learned how to activate the switches to activate events so it became a bit easier to check stuff

I also got the brilliant idea to create a copy of the text box that I suspect its words are getting outside the box in an easy to access zone. I probably got this idea way too late and on the same line, I half gave up on trying to center the prologue texts.

2 areas more to go, one of them shouldn't have too many texts since it's just a dungeon.

Sleepy_Head

Jan 1, 2020
My radio silence was because I had to cram for an exam I forgot I had and well, I failed it. I'm kinda sad about it so I will take 2 more days to rest (taking 9 assignatures in one semester + work wasn't the brightest idea). Luckily, for some reason I have never been depressed so is going to be fine with just some sleep.

I did translate a bit today, but my mood wasn't in the best condition so I am going to sleep again.

Reactions: f9account

bakazaraki

Oct 6, 2019
Chill man
Relax and recover, nobody will hold you at the stake here(just noticed that i eat the "you" 17/08)

Last edited:

VidyaNoz

Apr 7, 2021
Yeah, no worries dude. As i've said on other translation threads, live your life and just do what you can when you feel up to it. No point in burning yourself out trying to force your way through.

tumblr_od58cs7TPc1sg0glzo4_250.png

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
I finally finished that area for real! I also double checked to see if I missed something this time and a part of the next area.

There is an enemy named "レッド・グー" (Ledo・Guu) which I translated as Red Guh. I hope that was the intended name. Yeah, I know, it sounds stupid but this person in question is someone from the giant race and is wearing a red short. I really wish that this game artbook included all the named characters together with their English names.
グー sounds like it could be a short form of Gi-an-te. So "Guh" is probably phonetically right. Red Gi would also work, especially as Gi also translates to a piece of clothing.

MagaguAzul

Jul 11, 2021
My radio silence was because I had to cram for an exam I forgot I had and well, I failed it. I'm kinda sad about it so I will take 2 more days to rest (taking 9 assignatures in one semester + work wasn't the brightest idea). Luckily, for some reason I have never been depressed so is going to be fine with just some sleep.

I did translate a bit today, but my mood wasn't in the best condition so I am going to sleep again.
Hey man i really appreciate the work you are doing and i hope you can finish it without alot of trouble. Its been a while since you didn't post any updates so will kinda consider that you gave up or something but if you still doing the translation can you give us an update?

Again i really appreciate the work you are doing imagem_2021-10-31_171958.png

VidyaNoz

Apr 7, 2021
While I could be wrong, pretty sure the translation is dead in the water at the moment. Sleepyhead hasn't been on here since August. He could just be wrapped up in whatever schooling he's in the midst of.. but who knows..

Sleepy_Head

Jan 1, 2020
I am back, I will translate once again.

Now I can say without begging for pity why I was on hiatus.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now let's resume the translation.

I am a bit sad that nobody tried to take the mantle, but who cares. If nobody is willing, I will do it myself with help from people from this forum!

Now I will resume tackling the 6th floor which is directly connected to the 7th so they need to be released together. I can't give a ETA since my Japanese and English has become a bit rusty.

Thank you for wating

Sleepy_Head

Jan 1, 2020
I was testing some stuff and messing around to see if I translated some stuffs properly and get the context of some events and found something broken. A NPC should spawn, move for some tiles then leave the map, but for some reason it gets stuck in a wall which freezes the game. I hope that it was just because I was messing with the code to forcefully activate the event and not something that is inherent in the version I am using. I decided to just ignore it for now while hoping for the best case scenario.

I am slower than what I expected, I hope that I manage to finish this before April. I wanted to finish this in mid Febraury, but I don't think I will be able to.

Sleepy_Head

Jan 1, 2020
Finished a h-scene and now I am translating the one that triggers after seeing that scene + other conditions. I don't have the full context for that one besdies the pics. The translation for this one was faster since for some reason I remember that I already translated this one, weird dejavú.

Female adventurers from that world are definitely addicted to tentacles.

VidyaNoz

Apr 7, 2021
Glad you're back sir. I haven't been on here much lately but i'll check back on occasion to see how it's going. Feel free to ask for more help if you want down the road.

Reactions: Sleepy_Head

Sleepy_Head

Jan 1, 2020
I am checking again the scene I translated yesterday because some stuff seemed weird.

果花菜 is a cauliflower? Chinese dictionary says its a cauliflower, my rough Japanese says that is a fruit veggie. Image from the game shows something that only a tentacle addcited adventurer would love.

Currently, I am eating a vegetable salad with plenty cauliflower. I have to admit that this particular line felt like something Type Moon would write.

Reactions: Deathwings