RPGM None WIP [Naedoko Dungeon Chronicle] [RJ088554] [Tsukinomizu Project]

bakazaraki

Oct 6, 2019
Dude, i think you are doing gods work (at least in my opinion : p) because this is the game that introduced me to new moonlabel's works and i probably hold this game more dear to me than it should.
I found this thread today after finishing knight lady saga and founding out that the third game(Lilim Union: Dream Demon Zone) translation was droped as far as i know
So i will try to give feedback on your project cuz is the minimum i can do for you
BTW i made note of everything that i found out of place or typos
I just attach my notepad here or do I do something else?
My first time interacting so i am kind of lost

Last edited:

Sleepy_Head

Jan 1, 2020
Dude, i think you are doing gods work (at least in my opinion : p) because this is the game that introduced me to new moonlabel's works and i probably hold this game more dear to me than it should.
I found this thread today after finishing knight lady saga and founding out that the third game(Lilim Union: Dream Demon Zone) translation was droped as far as i know
So i will try to give feedback on your project cuz is the minimum i can do for you
BTW i made note of everything that i found out of place or typos
I just attach my notepad here or do I do something else?
My first time interacting so i am kind of lost
Thank you very much. I am still kinda busy but fixes like this can be done a bit every day while I am taking a break. Next week I will have more free time again (hopefully).

Sleepy_Head

Jan 1, 2020
Fixed the typos and mistakes you found. Thank you.

About "Puren", the word is "プレーン" which is read as "Pureen or Puleen". At first I thought that it was "plain" but then I found a monster from the same series which named is "Pure Lord" so I decided to translated as Puren. I kinda feel that it was a pun using Plain, Pure, Puni and Pudding (in Japan, they call that desert as "Purin"). To be honest, this was one of the first stuff I had a hard time translating

About the bikini, I think that Rozalie is embarrased and excited at the same time. If you enter the soldier's quarter at the end of the 8th floor with the bikini you will get why I think that.

The く on the tentaray and bandog was something I forgot to erase.

The signs on the left room from the 3rd seedbed says the same thing. I checked it again with the Japanese version just to make sure.

I don't know why I didn't translate that save crystal.

I don't know what do you mean with "In All the cape looking dude traps Rozalie's name is still in japanese" Which cape looking dude?

Once I fix that I will upload the fixed version and this Saturday or Sunday I will advance a bit more (I will at least try to finish the first area of the 7th floor).

Reactions: bakazaraki

bakazaraki

Oct 6, 2019
About the bikini, I think that Rozalie is embarrased and excited at the same time. If you enter the soldier's quarter at the end of the 8th floor with the bikini you will get why I think that.
I know the scene :p
I 100% this game more times than i can remember XD
It was just not really clear to me that was the case

I don't know what do you mean with "In All the cape looking dude traps Rozalie's name is still in japanese" Which cape looking dude?
The dudes with capes in the trap room, I forgot to tell it was in the trap room, my bad - - '

Reactions: Sleepy_Head

Sleepy_Head

Jan 1, 2020
A miscalculation on my schedule, I am still busy next week, but I managed to squeeze some time to finish translating one zone of the 7th floor.

The next zone doesn't seem too long so I may finish it in just one week without too much work.

Reactions: VidyaNoz

Sleepy_Head

Jan 1, 2020
I used a small break to translate the second area (it was as short as I expected) and a part of the third area which is also short, but has some more dialogues. I am planning on using small breaks to translate little by little.

I have yet to touch an h-scene since I am planning to leave that at the end.

Changed C-rine N°18 to C-line N°18. I just understood that it meant line.

Sleepy_Head

Jan 1, 2020
Translated the third area which was just a bit longer than the second area.

The third, fourth and fifth are long so it will take some time to finish them.

A proper translation of a nun named ナナリィ (Nanalii) should be Nunnally right? At first I planned to name her Nanaly, but I remember that Nunnally was an actual name and well, Nun->Nunnally, it kinda feels natural.

bakazaraki

Oct 6, 2019
A proper translation of a nun named ナナリィ (Nanalii) should be Nunnally right? At first I planned to name her Nanaly, but I remember that Nunnally was an actual name and well, Nun->Nunnally, it kinda feels natural.
never heard the name(or i forgot), but Nunnally makes sense and i dont remember her appearing in other games.
Sooooo, no help from the other translated games.

Reactions: Sleepy_Head

Sleepy_Head

Jan 1, 2020
Translated around 20% of the third area.

I am not sure if it is 20%, but I have to translate 1 map with few just short dialogues and 2 maps with tons of them to finish this area.

Until now, I found 6 scenes, without counting traps, and only finished 1 of them since it wasn't in the common events, so it will take a good time to finish this floor considering that I still have to translate 2 more areas besides this one.

And about Lelouch anime, now I remember from where I heard that name.

Sleepy_Head

Jan 1, 2020
Finished another map of the third area, two more to go.

I have a slight issue of not remembering where I left an endgame monster I made to test an event. Well, one has to do some very specific action to get it so there is almost 0 chance of someone accidentally getting it in case I didn't delete it.

Anyways, the next map will start to be translated on Saturday due to my schedule. Something that slightly bothers me is that probably most of those won't be seen for a long time, one of those events are activated by having the final monster.

As a sidenote, I translated 化け猫 as bakeneko. It's a Japanese monster cat and let the name as "bakeneko" because I think that this one is not an obscure monster like 船幽霊 (funayurei) which I translated as boat ghost or boat spirit (I need to check this one since boat spirit is the more correct translation). By the way, funayurei are not boats, but people who drowned at sea and their hatred to the living makes them drown a boat by filling them with water with Japanese wooden ladles (a really stupid monster in my opinion).

If someone feels that "bakeneko" should have another name, I am all ears.

danielson

Oct 27, 2017
Hey Sleepy_Head. I tried your ongoing patch and want to say good job on starting this project, I also started it years ago after translating Lady Knight Saga, but I postponed it which actually turned to leave it/drop it...

I will share you the files, use them as you see fit. Just like for Lady Knight Saga, I used some 3rd party scripts from japanese sites (for example CACAOsoft, KGCsoft) to help to make it more player friendly (like increasing the save slots to 16, disabling word squeeze because it looked bad to me etc), even the creator group Tsukinomizu also used scripts from these japanese sites too (you can read about them at the end in the "readme.txt" in any Tsukinomizu game folder)

For the translation you only need the files in the "Data" and "Graphics" folder (basically what you can modify to make an interface translation), it's unnecessary to upload the whole translated game. Btw, my small partial was made using the 1.12 version of the game but it can be applied to lower versions too, as all of the changes that came with version 1.12 are made in the files of "Data" folder.

A necessary thing to mention about your patch: the fast-forwarding function with CTRL doesn't work. Not sure if that script is included in the game version 1.10 though...

Sleepy_Head

Jan 1, 2020
I started translating slowly again, I don't have that much work accumulated now.

I am having trouble with old speech because a certain character talks using "dono" honorifics and ending phrases with "degozaru".

I tried to use a middle age english convertor mixed with some shakespearean speech convertor.

Hey Sleepy_Head. I tried your ongoing patch and want to say good job on starting this project, I also started it years ago after translating Lady Knight Saga, but I postponed it which actually turned to leave it/drop it...

I will share you the files, use them as you see fit. Just like for Lady Knight Saga, I used some 3rd party scripts from japanese sites (for example CACAOsoft, KGCsoft) to help to make it more player friendly (like increasing the save slots to 16, disabling word squeeze because it looked bad to me etc), even the creator group Tsukinomizu also used scripts from these japanese sites too (you can read about them at the end in the "readme.txt" in any Tsukinomizu game folder)

For the translation you only need the files in the "Data" and "Graphics" folder (basically what you can modify to make an interface translation), it's unnecessary to upload the whole translated game. Btw, my small partial was made using the 1.12 version of the game but it can be applied to lower versions too, as all of the changes that came with version 1.12 are made in the files of "Data" folder.

A necessary thing to mention about your patch: the fast-forwarding function with CTRL doesn't work. Not sure if that script is included in the game version 1.10 though...

Those picture images were incredibly helpful, I don't know how to change images or stuff like that so I planned to leave them in Japanese.

I didn't mess with the script except for the menu and combat dialogues so it's probably that this version doesn't have the CTRL skip function. I did google to find a way to implement the skip button, but I didn't understand anything at all. I know that if I start the game with the RPG Maker I can use skip with the "A" button, but I don't know why.

Also, I am too scared too play with scripts when my programming skills are near 0.

Sleepy_Head

Jan 1, 2020
Nearly finished one map of the the third area. There were many treasures there so I will have to translate the entire Treasure management room too.

Sleepy_Head

Jan 1, 2020
Finally finished that map, one more to finish this area and then I will only have to translate 2 areas, 20 monsters from the encyclopedia, the entire treasure management room, 2 traps and arond 10 h-scenes.

Hmm, this floor is long, although this is like 2 floors together so it's not that weird.

I also spent a lot of hours trying to figure out how to implement the skip dialogue, page up and page down. Sadly, I couldn't understand what to do and broke the game a few times. There were quite a lot of RGSS3 (rpg maker ace) scripts, but not enough RGSS2 (rpg maker vx) scripts.

I will just focus on translating

bakazaraki

Oct 6, 2019
Finally finished that map, one more to finish this area and then I will only have to translate 2 areas, 20 monsters from the encyclopedia, the entire treasure management room, 2 traps and arond 10 h-scenes.

Hmm, this floor is long, although this is like 2 floors together so it's not that weird.

I also spent a lot of hours trying to figure out how to implement the skip dialogue, page up and page down. Sadly, I couldn't understand what to do and broke the game a few times. There were quite a lot of RGSS3 (rpg maker ace) scripts, but not enough RGSS2 (rpg maker vx) scripts.

I will just focus on translating
Don't worry dude
Doing what you can is already a big job and the skip dialogue is not that important
Even more so if me and VidyaNoz become accustomed with the skip we may skip things on the way XD(knowing me i would probably do that ¬¬)