• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN - Ren'Py - Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Alboe Interactive

Mythos has a strong start. There is intrigue, memorable character introductions, and 2* sex scenes with animations (4 if you play both gender versions of MC) in this first build. The transitions and visual effects are an especially nice touch that really paint a picture of the quality of work that went into making this VN.

There are many who will say “Don’t rate on potential!” But if everyone did that, then adult VN’s wouldn’t be as popular as they are now. I suggest you play Mythos and enjoy it for the sex, mystery, and fun that it is.

I know, I’m listed in the credits and therefore horribly biased. I’m Commander Alboe, and this is my favorite game on the Citadel forum.

*Some patronage required.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2735575

So the best way that I can think to describe this game is with three S's - it's sexy, sassy, and self-aware - all at once.

The MC, either as Female or Male, comes across as being likeable and competent, despite being thrust into some rather odd situations. They take it in stride, and handle it well, and don't leave the player feeling like they're piloting a soulless shell with zero personality.

The ladies (love interests?) are well-made and fun, with distinct looks and personalities. I look forward to happy lewdness with all of them, and I appreciate the care the Dev took in making them all stand out from each other and not just be generic cookie-cutters.

The plot itself is intriguing, and though I can't tell where it's going just yet (this is only this first release), I'm excited to go on this journey and see where it takes me as a player. The dialogue is well-crafted, clever, and peppered with little fun references that don't detract from the story if you miss them, but are a nice little bonus if you get them.

All in all, a very promising first release, and I hope the Dev keeps it up for a long while to come!
  3. 5.00 star(s)

TrixieB

As a long time player and critic of adult games this game is so well done. From the art, the writing , the story and the way it is developed and prensented. This is a remarkable game to enjoy. wish nine all the best.