Mod Ren'Py Mythic Manor - Lain's Walkthrough & Cheat Mod [v0.21] [Maim Lain]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

anonuser1999

Apr 24, 2021
It's been years since I've played this actually because I kept missing content. Sounds like the mod has NOT changed a bazillion things which is great, where i also hope to not miss anything including those scripted weekend gatherings.

Do you happen to know if I can use the old mod with the current version without messing anything up? And then when I get far enough I'll stop seeing hints etc or is it simply not advised?
just tried this and the game is working fine with the outdated mod when you start a new game no script errors so far.

Reactions: Dyhart

taler

Oct 5, 2017
stop breaking modders, just wait for the release, nobody has learn the lesson with Maim already?

"update pls" guys are the worst kind
Exactly, stop requesting a mod update immediately. I'm here, on the day that the game updates to post in this thread to remind everyone NOT to request a mod update. Thanks everyone! Do not request mod updates!

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
just tried this and the game is working fine with the outdated mod when you start a new game no script errors so far.
it works fine until you reach the new content at which point the mod will say you have finished all content. that's why it's better to wait till the mod is updated

anonuser1999

Apr 24, 2021
it works fine until you reach the new content at which point the mod will say you have finished all content. that's why it's better to wait till the mod is updated
If you are starting from the start there is no harm in using the old mod. If you are continuing a save to play the new content, that's when there is no new content for the mod.

His question was "Do you happen to know if I can use the old mod with the current version without messing anything up? And then when I get far enough I'll stop seeing hints etc or is it simply not advised?"

which is why i answered with what i did because you can use it for all of the old content in the current version from what i can see as it is working for me.

gr33nappleboy

Jul 18, 2019
For the love of Christ....modders are well aware of what games they've made a mod for and when such a game has an update. Let them do their work and stop quoting/bugging them to do it. They're providing a service that they can choose to stop at any given time. Even if you're doing this honestly without trying to be annoying, it still very much is

capitanqueso

Jul 6, 2019
For the love of Christ....modders are well aware of what games they've made a mod for and when such a game has an update. Let them do their work and stop quoting/bugging them to do it. They're providing a service that they can choose to stop at any given time. Even if you're doing this honestly without trying to be annoying, it still very much is
Relax, we are here to remind them how much we appreciate their work and that we are waiting and counting on them by keeping the thread alive, no need to be a jerk about it, many may not know how to express it because of their lack of english knowledge or whatever reason but we do, I'm sure modders need the attention as much as the devs, think it this way: if the thread is dead they may think nobody cares about their work, at least that's how I'd see it

Hawky1984

Jun 3, 2019
Relax, we are here to remind them how much we appreciate their work and that we are waiting and counting on them by keeping the thread alive, no need to be a jerk about it, many may not know how to express it because of their lack of english knowledge or whatever reason but we do, I'm sure modders need the attention as much as the devs, think it this way: if the thread is dead they may think nobody cares about their work, at least that's how I'd see it
Exactly this.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote