• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Abandoned My Sweet Neighbors | Completing the game project !

do you want to see more updates of this game ?

• Yes

Votes: 2,286 97.5%
  • No

Votes: 58 2.5%

• Total voters

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
As long as your respectful of the story already crafted I dont see why not... that is the game had no hints of NTR or any fringe fetish like that... it was a sweet romantic story that had a hint of Harem possibly brewing.

Chikimaro

We love to see you Smile....
Donor
Feb 2, 2018
The VN deserves a better end, but if it were converted from a VN into a GAME, it wouldn't have to end at all.
Scenes could be re-playable. The player could go and visit, an of the girls, at will, for eternity.
true, it will go for an eternity, i stopped working on whole game just to wait for the release of the new engine, the game will different from all other open world / sandbox games.
but this one i will leave it as a VN, rendering stuff is much easier than coding - animating - etc...
i also said that i will continue this VN even if the next events are still blurry in my head and the leak of assets.
i don't really like to give false hopes.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
true, it will go for an eternity, i stopped working on whole game just to wait for the release of the new engine, the game will different from all other open world / sandbox games.
but this one i will leave it as a VN, rendering stuff is much easier than coding - animating - etc...
i also said that i will continue this VN even if the next events are still blurry in my head and the leak of assets.
i don't really like to give false hopes.
"Gallery mod" that allows the player to replay scenes

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
Something I see an issue with, and a couple things to consider.

1) "Letting the community decide where it goes" sounds good in theory but the issue is there are too many people who will want wildly different things... and this could lead to some very negative feelings and possibly all out rage. Also... if you're going to do a continuation of such an iconic/incredible game you should have a clear idea in mind of where the plot will lead and how to go about it.

2) You may want to reach out to Pandelo and speak to him before going ahead with this. While he has been inactive and even I am starting to doubt he will just one day return... he does come back to pause his Patreon donations every month... so he's not completely AWOL. Who knows... maybe he will even tell you how he planned to end it/give you consent and then you could truly do the game justice. Or maybe contacting him will give him the incentive to finally return and finish his amazing game knowing how badly we all wish that would happen.

Last edited:

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
You should probably ask Pandelo, the game isn't abandoned officially, he still pauses his payments every month. Is isn't a very ethical thing to take someones game and complete it, when the creator hasn't officially abandoned it. And if you do continue, I wouldn't let the community decide how to advance, that's just asking for trouble IMO. People will end up asking for weird fetish content that doesn't fit in a vanilla romance game (like MSN is/was). I can already hear the cries for NTR.

A better idea would probably be to do a whole new game, just using the same characters. Like all the BB fan games.

prrt

Feb 24, 2019
Did i like the Original game? sure did
Do i want the Original dev to complete it ? sure do
but do I think it's correct for someone else to complete it , no I don't .
The game is what the dev wanted to create what you are going to do is what YOU want to create .
Not necessarily the same thing .
It would be more honest to make a game of yourself and not hitch hiking on the names of My sweet neighbors and Pandelo .

Chikimaro

Donor
Feb 2, 2018
You should probably ask Pandelo, the game isn't abandoned officially, he still pauses his payments every month. Is isn't a very ethical thing to take someones game and complete it, when the creator hasn't officially abandoned it. And if you do continue, I wouldn't let the community decide how to advance, that's just asking for trouble IMO. People will end up asking for weird fetish content that doesn't fit in a vanilla romance game (like MSN is/was). I can already hear the cries for NTR.

A better idea would probably be to do a whole new game, just using the same characters. Like all the BB fan games.
-do you have any way to contact the creator ? i searched i found nothing.
-as i said i will make a poll i will also try to edit the idea to make it fit the story.
-the game will have (fanmade/not the official release) in the title.

Something I see an issue with, and a couple things to consider.

1) "Letting the community decide where it goes" sounds good in theory but the issue is there are too many people who will want wildly different things... and this could lead to some very negative feelings and possibly all out rage. Also... if you're going to do a continuation of such an iconic/incredible game you should have a clear idea in mind of where the plot will lead and how to go about it.

2) You may want to reach out to Pandelo and speak to him before going ahead with this. While he has been inactive and even I am starting to doubt he will just one day return... he does come back to pause his Patreon donations every month... so he's not completely AWOL. Who knows... maybe he will even tell you how he planned to end it/give you consent and then you could truly do the game justice. Or maybe contacting him will give him the incentive to finally return and finish his amazing game knowing how badly we all wish that would happen.
1) same.
2) do you have any way to contact him, it will very appreciate it if you could help me.

Did i like the Original game? sure did
Do i want the Original dev to complete it ? sure do
but do I think it's correct for someone else to complete it , no I don't .
The game is what the dev wanted to create what you are going to do is what YOU want to create .
Not necessarily the same thing .
It would be more honest to make a game of yourself and not hitch hiking on the names of My sweet neighbors and Pandelo .
1- calm down (i don't really appreciate the way you said "YOU want to create" )
2- i clearly said that all Credits & Copyrights are going to pandelo
3- do you have a way to contact him.

Thank you ! :)

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
1) same.
2) do you have any way to contact him, it will very appreciate it if you could help me.
The only direct way I know of (and the way I would go) is by pledging to him on Patreon.

This will allow you to send him a direct private message.

Chikimaro

Donor
Feb 2, 2018
The only direct way I know of (and the way I would go) is by pledging to him on Patreon.

This will allow you to send him a direct private message.
thanks, i sent him a pm via patreon.
i hope he read it.

Reactions: SrRK

Endrju

Shadows of the Past
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 20, 2017
hey
I don't know you and I am sure you have best intentions in mind but simply put I don't think you should be doing this.
Not without original creator blessing at least. What will happen if he comes back? How will u handle that? I know it's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission but it's someone else work we are talking about. I dont think it's fair and very respectful.

I have solution for you, why not create something else? something new and fresh? even something similar if that what you really have to do?

I have seen you are recruiting and asking about the story
right now, for the story, you have the complete freedom to write how it should continue, that will help me a lot to get a vision of what will happen next.
i will chose 3 of them and make a poll.

i'm going to replay the game because i don't really remember what happened at the end (maybe the mom getting suspicious about the relation between the daughter and the boyfriend at the bar) also i will need to put points on the story line.
What u said here worries me even more, so u will do all of that without even knowing the 'vision' under the tittle that is established already and for what? Why are you doing this exactly?
You said u have your own project, maybe just focus on that instead?
Don't steal someone else's stuff just because u think enough time passed or whatever, it's not a good look.

Chikimaro

Donor
Feb 2, 2018
hey
I don't know you and I am sure you have best intentions in mind but simply put I don't think you should be doing this.
Not without original creator blessing at least. What will happen if he comes back? How will u handle that? I know it's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission but it's someone else work we are talking about. I dont think it's fair and very respectful.

I have solution for you, why not create something else? something new and fresh? even something similar if that what you really have to do?

I have seen you are recruiting and asking about the story

What u said here worries me even more, so u will do all of that without even knowing the 'vision' under the tittle that is established already and for what? Why are you doing this exactly?
You said u have your own project, maybe just focus on that instead?
Don't steal someone else's stuff just because u think enough time passed or whatever, it's not a good look.
1-Please stop saying that i'm stealing peoples project, i already said that i contacted him in his patreon and i'm still waiting for the permission.
2-Steal mean "take (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it" i already said that all credits & copyrights are going to Pandelo.
3-i don't think you even took the time to read everything properly, i clearly said that i paused my project until the release of ue5.
4-This is a fanmade / not official release !

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
hey
Not without original creator blessing at least. What will happen if he comes back? How will u handle that?
I agree with what you wrote here but, let's be realistic: at this point, the chances of a Pandelo's comeback are getting thinner and thinner each day (I'm still hoping for his return though, that's why I'm still a patron of his).
He made a great game, I dare to say it currently is my no.1 best h-game I ever played, in fact, I still replay it from time to time (I rarely do this with any other games).
So I say let's give the guy a chance, speaking of which I propend to have his game start right where the original game ended. This way, we can't really say he's actually stolen anything from Pandelo, besides the assets (which are still going to be recreated by himself from scratch) and the general storyline, as nobody knows what the original idea was and how he intended to develop the story from that point onwards.
Will he be up to the task? Nobody knows, and the fact that there is so much hype built around this game doesn't make him any favor, but still, I'm really looking forward to seeing this game with a proper and fulfilling ending. Should he fail with this project, we still have Dammed (who showed interest in taking over some time ago) or really any other good dev that considers himself up to the task.

Last edited:

prrt

Feb 24, 2019
sorry if it seemed I was a bit harsh in my reaction . but I highligted you (in caps) because I wanted to show It means to me your version of the game will never be the version Pandelo would make .
From the first render you show it will be another game .
That's why I think create your own game . It's yours ,your ideas your fantasy your work and you can take the honours if it's good.

Endrju

Shadows of the Past
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 20, 2017
1-Please stop saying that i'm stealing peoples project, i already said that i contacted him in his patreon and i'm still waiting for the permission.
It doesn't really matter now does it, you already created this thread, without original creator a "go ahead"
You should first ask the dude and then if he gives you his blessing u could create this thread, that's the proper, honest way of doing this.
2-Steal mean "take (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it" i already said that all credits & copyrights are going to Pandelo.
You still plan to make money out of this using his characters, world and fans without his APPROVAL, so yeah that's and as a bonus cuz I am a nice guy you should look at just for you know "scientific reasons"
3-i don't think you even took the time to read everything properly, i clearly said that i paused my project until the release of ue5.
I think it's you who did not "read everything properly

4-This is a fanmade / not official release !
Is that so, so you wont make any money out of this? If that's the case I take everything back. It's still gray area but whatever
I agree with what you wrote here but, let's be realistic: at this point, the chances of a Pandelo's comeback are getting thinner and thinner each day (I'm still hoping for his return though, that's why I'm still a patron of his).
He made a great game, I dare to say it currently is my no.1 best h-game I ever played, in fact, I still replay it from time to time (I rarely do this with any other games).
So I say let's give the guy a chance, speaking of which I propend to have his game start right where the original game ended.
It doesnt matter how long he is gone or if he is coming back, dont justify your own selfish needs with this wrongdoing.
Did you ever heard about Veqvil? He did came back. Same situation, he didnt contact anyone, he didnt ask anyone to continue his work. If original creator didn't contacted anyone that clearly means HE DOESN'T NEED ANYONE to take his work and use it how he wants.
This way, we can't really say he's actually stolen anything from Pandelo, besides the assets (which are still going to be recreated by himself from scratch) and the general storyline, as nobody knows what the original idea was and how he intended to develop the story from that point onwards.
Yes i can as long as he will be using same tittle with the same characters

Anyways I said my piece, I cant even imagine doing something like this to anyone.
Stay home stay safe

Ramen-

Aug 28, 2018
Damn, this has been one of my first games ever and despite it never got finished (like most games) I consider it still one of my favourites.

I just want to see more of the romantic mother only part, it was just so sweet and wholesome.

I hope you're not just playing with us and don't listen to the naysayers.