• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Others Completed My Slow Life with the Princess Knight and Her Devoted Handmaiden [Final] [Waffle]

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes

zegor

Dec 8, 2017
i am so confused does this game have dlc or smth? i found 3 more cg's online , here's one of them sample_c5e6810e891b1548ff7fe7bbf4f9bc5aa590f6d4.jpg

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
View attachment 3176767 on the picture the right hand have 6 fingers, ai cg ?

I actually think this is AI derived in some way, but it was definitely edited. These are not just raw AI images. I've gotten far enough in to notice a few different things that give me pause.

Screenshot 2023-12-28 222559.png

For one, the hands are usually a little 'off'. That images shows what appears to be 6 fingers, but there are other discrepancies. The standing sprite for Alienor (the blonde one) has hands with the correct number of fingers, but incorrect number of finger joints; her fingers have 2 joints and 2 bones, as opposed to anatomically correct 3.

Screenshot 2023-12-28 223158.png

She's not alone, as it also pops up in some of the sprite work for Farna (the brunette one) as well. Hers is even better, as it combines a proper 3 bone/joint finger on the same hand as a malformed 2 bone/joint is.

Besides that, their eyes are really inconsistent. They have trouble staying round or being the same size. They're often frumpy looking or malformed, with lumpy edges. So we're meant to believe that the same artist who is capable of this level of work can't consistently draw a curved edge. Right...

Screenshot 2023-12-28 222918.png

Look at the left side of both of Farna's eyes, and notice how both of them are lumpy. They curve out and in and then back out again. They form a wave pattern, not a smooth curve. Eyes, even cartoon ones, don't look like that.

Screenshot 2023-12-28 223036.png

Alienor here has a pair of oblong eyes. Not only are they different shapes from each other, but they're not regular uniform shapes themselves. Neither is a clean circle or oval. This is more noticeable with the eye on the right, as it has a more of a malformed egg shape. It curves sharply at the top left, then flattens out, get tighter as it curves back up before riding the edge of the eyelid pretty flatly, before curing sharply back again at the end.

Screenshot 2023-12-28 223339.png

Front on eyes, should have zero weird changes in shape from perspective. So these should be clean circles or ovals of some kind. They are neither, being again very inconsistently shaped blobs with asymmetrical curvatures.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now the background mostly look like original creations, able to maintain hard edges and largely free of nonsensical detains. Are these original works for this game? Re-used assets from the studio's prior catalogue of work? Store bought assets from a freelance artist or studio? No idea. But they don't immediately scream 'AI generated' the way sloppy raw location images tend to do.

Not to say they don't occur however. Compare the foliage of the prior screen or even the further back foliage in this screenshot, compared to the red highlighted closer foliage. It looks okay at a glance. But any amount of scrutiny will show that it is way sloppier looking, with a more distinct 'delamination' of the color patterns. Not only that, but something unique to the close ones, is inconsistent edges. Some of the edges are sharp, while others are soft and allow for an alpha channel (read: transparency) gradient. Even if this were a human artist, I would again hope that anyone working at this level would have the good sense to tighten up their color work with things that much closer to the audience's perspective. The brighter colors make them pop and stick out from the other foliage even more, making the difference even more noticeable. To me, this reads like an AI generated detail layer that tried to mimic the existing artwork and flubbed the landing.

Also, the girls hair? It's of a style really conducive to not noticing how inconsistent it is. But make no mistake, it is very inconsistent. What side of the head does Farna's hair part on? It changes from right to left depending on the scene.

Does Alienor have a central tuft of hair sprouting up from where her bangs meet the rest of her hair, or does she not?

If I had to guess, I'd bet that this is a mix of actual human work and AI. The character art (for what little there is) might have even started as actual human drawn sketches, that were subsequently fed into AI to do the color shading work (which is why they have the same airbrushed finish that 90% of other AI work does), with some editing in post to try to fix the worst instances of mangled hands and the like. 50/50 on the origins of the background images. But it seems pretty obvious to me that AI was employed to do a lot of the heavy lifting here. I'd be pretty confident in slapping the 'AI CG' onto this one.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Ferghus

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
GOOFY HANDS BONUS ROUND!

Screenshot 2023-12-28 234411.png

So did this studio employ a mid-level artist for the line work before passing it off to a top-tier color and shading artist?

Or did they hand off AI generated 'art' to a mid-tier editor who did their best to un-mangle the hands so that they at least passed the 'at a glance' test and weren't subject to immediate backlash?

I know which of those two options is both the cheaper and simpler explanation for the various anomalies found throughout the game's visuals...

Last edited:

Andhakara

Jan 13, 2020
Anyone know how to unlock Alienor and Farna's combine scene No.6, i can't get that ending no matter how much i try.

Ogogin

Jun 22, 2020
Anyone know how to unlock Alienor and Farna's combine scene No.6, i can't get that ending no matter how much i try.
I got it 1st try by going Princess - Maid - Princess - Maid when prompt a choice (4 total choice through the full game).
I suppose any combination that end with choice them twice each will get the harem ending.

Noxen

Sep 25, 2022
My Slow Life with the Princess Knight and Her Devoted Handmaiden [Final] [Waffle] - Compressed

Original Size: ~4GB
Compressed Size: ~1.7GB

Win:
| |

sunsamuel252

Nov 21, 2019
GOOFY HANDS BONUS ROUND!

View attachment 3213805

So did this studio employ a mid-level artist for the line work before passing it off to a top-tier color and shading artist?

Or did they hand off AI generated 'art' to a mid-tier editor who did their best to un-mangle the hands so that they at least passed the 'at a glance' test and weren't subject to immediate backlash?

I know which of those two options is both the cheaper and simpler explanation for the various anomalies found throughout the game's visuals...
You are an idiot and this is redundant and tedious.... Masami Chie doesn't and never has done any AI-generated work. Blame on AI for stealing Chie's work! Masami's a well-known artist in Japan for his "semi-realistic" work

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
You are an idiot and this is redundant and tedious.... Masami Chie doesn't and never has done any AI-generated work. Blame on AI for stealing Chie's work! Masami's a well-known artist in Japan for his "semi-realistic" work
Sure. I'm willing to be proven wrong.

But it would be helpful if you were to offer more than just a name and indignation.

Once I had a name (which is not part of the VNDB link in the OP, their name is not attached to that page anywhere), it wasn't too hard to find their art or the VNDB listing that attached them as the artist to this project and a few others. Fair enough. But maybe, just maybe, cite those sources and link to them directly? Again, more than just anger and indignation helps.

ghosts141

Mar 7, 2018
Could someone upload the uncensore patch here for the steam version?

Quess

Aug 5, 2017
leaving a note here in the hopes of a non-pixilated patch. or something of the like.
enjoying the story.

KATOLINE

Sep 30, 2020
Could someone upload the uncensore patch here for the steam version?
I may be wrong but I don't think that patch is uncensored. I think it is just to add the 18+ content that is missing from the steam version. At least for me it still has mosaics after adding the patch files.

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
It's worth the time to DL the 4GB. Great game. Thanks for the good recommendations in the thread.

Nanoir

Nov 19, 2018
Anyone got the alarm audio data?
Sadly Mikocon put those behind a paywall that he shoudnt lol.

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes