VN - Ren'Py - Completed - My Sister, My Roommate [v1.69] [Sumodeine]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Mattee

The game is great. Like with any other, there's a lot of place to improve, but it was really enjoyable for what it was.

Most of the reviews are written while the game was not entirely complete, so I think the score would be even higher than it already is, if people gave this version a chance. The story is good, the endings are different and fleshed out, and characters themselves are believable (for the most part).

Yes, there are some unavoidable situations, where you wish you had a choice, or say, in the matter. Yes, the "animations" are simplistic and renders are sometimes a little bit weird. That did not subtract from the game's atmosphere.

All in all, thumbs up to the developer, looking forward to the next project.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Grizzzzly

Struggled with this rating. All through the game...it is a VN game that you get to make choices to effect the ending. Anyways..all through the game, great graphics, decent story that was different and interesting. Then end....poof, forced into specific endings...that even after replaying numerous times really doesnt change from the two endings...and a half that are available. Should be a comic not a game as the dev demands his ending ..thats it. Ending is very short, rushed, and unsatisfying.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

itshowyoumetme

I kinda rarely write reviews but this one definitely deserves it, especially due to all the flack the game has gotten. Originally the game ended and was too many disappointing, the ending felt rushed and railroaded to many. There was a bunch of drama and that's why there are quite a few 1 and 2 star reviews on here. I definitely think those rating are unfair, even if I too was disappointed with the ending, the rest of the game was solid. If I were to review the old version, the ending basically brought the game down from a strong 4 to a solid 3 for me.

Now, Sumodeine comes back a couple of months after having officially completed the game with a complete rework of the ending as well as some extra polish. There are several new endings, a lot more choice and all that good stuff.

Sumodeine listened to his/her fans, put in the work and the game is a lot better for it.
    A solid developer and one that is well worth supporting.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Sober Satan

This is a great game, the characters and the story are believable. Nikki is one of my favorite women in these games and I couldn't wait to give it to her every chance I got. I was a little disappointed that I couldn't fuck the mom, that was a bummer, but hey, maybe in the sequel right? anyway, this is a great game, with solid character development and plot, great job dev. Looking forward to the next installment.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

aon11

This was extremely disappointing, this game started great, with excellent variety of options (the reason I give 2 and not 1 star) and pretty good dialogs. It turned out that there was never any options all along, the game was only about one chick, Molly (a rather plain one, but to each his own). And that would have been fine, if the dev did not lead us to believe that there is more, if the game was just about that one girl, there would have been a lot less supporters, but they would've been happy. It's not like the dev couldn't make a good game, he just chose not to, now if he is to make a new game I'd definitely skip it.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

Xazz

I'm very disappointed about this game and here's why.

After 5 hours and 3/4 into the story i realised that smthing wasnt going right so i decided to check the comments here and i found out that the game has 3 endings.Thank god i did that.
    The game starts kinda nice and has a nice variety of girls but after reaching the latter part of the game it actually becomes kinda boring.When i realised that the game has 3 endings i decided to fast forward the last part of the game since it became very boring.
    Two big complains:
    1. After doing so much with all those girls the conclusion of the story forces you to Molly!! I get it that some of them were supposed to have their own conclusion(Cory,Chelsea,Jessica,not worth mentioning all) ok but the conclusion of the remaining characters (Nikki,Skylar,Sarah) feels like zero effort was put in and rushed . I would prefer if there were endings with some more characters at least.
    2.The biggest bummer is that the game starts with Nikki then and after all that build up it completely yeets out the option to stay together,like dafuq.

Other than that the story is kinda meh other 1 scene towards the end of the game which also hints the devs new game at the end.
    The renders are meh towards the beginning but they're alright towards the end. Same goes for the models.
    Animations are terrible and models have the same clothes during all the game.(even they make a jk about that)
    The easter eggs about the other games were nice and the 4th wall breaking joke but thats all.

I would only recommend this game if you like the Molly character,if not just dont its a total waste of time. This game could have easily compete against Haley's Story but it threw that opportunity out the window.Pity
  7. 2.00 star(s)

AwakenMyLove

What started off being a joy ride... turned into a ride off of the cliff.

Like seriously why let us believe that there was an option?

There WAS NEVER AN OPTION, otherwise I would’ve ignored it in the first place. Nothing against Molly at all, I just like variety in my life and feel that this game wasted my time. Xxx

The dev teased us constantly with Nikki and other than kicked us in the balls and pointed at us by having Nikki do a complete 180 and shove Molly unto us. I’ll never play this again.

2 out of 5 stars.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

MercifulThug

Early Built-Game: What an Extraordinary Story!! It feels like you're in it.

Final Built-Game: Meh... When you expect much but in the end, Empty and Flat are what you get.

Overall, It's a good and fun game to try.
  9. 3.00 star(s)

Wicked Garden

I'm gonna to try to be as objective as possible with this review. *Takes a deep breath*

First off some of the dialogue was good and some was really cringey to me. Almost out of the gate Tales randomly lost his virginity and Nikki had someone's cock in her mouth which set the tone of the game for me. I really had no desire to be with Nikki to be honest, and although the Dev may have already stated that there would be no Tales and Nikki ending/relationship he sure teased the hell out of the players, which probably irritated and pissed off a lot of people. She acted as his wingman at first but slowly I think she developed other feelings in which she suppressed.

While Nikki and Tales were fucking she damn near dropped the L bomb on him but constantly insisted that she was not IN Love with him. It made her look indecisive up until the finale. Then while sitting in the tree house or whatever she told Tales that he's one of the only people the truly gets her. So... Why the fuck is she with some holier than thou guy like Eric then? A guy who's probably going to judge her every move? Those two couldn't be more wrong for each other.

Nikki's known for sleeping around so just out of the blue... she's celibate? What's next a nun?

And then the dialogue, what brother is going to listen to some other guy who fucked his sister give him details? Tales was too cool in my opinion about the fact that his sister was an easy lay.

Then there's D' brickashaw, who may be one of the worse characters ever created in the history of games. What purpose did he serve other than having a ridiculous name and being another guy to add to Nikki's body count?

During this game you was presented with several opportunities to fuck different women... the problem is that none of those women excluding Molly was considered love interests in the future. This also caused many players to lose their shit, now again if the Dev had already stated that the Molly path... was the ONLY path FROM THE START and we didn't listen then that's our fault for downloading and playing.

I do however, understand the frustrations that the player isn't given any option which kinda makes fucking all of those women seem pointless. Skylar was my favorite overall but she basically faded into oblivion and became useless. Cory and Chelsea were too far into themselves to form any sort of long term relationship with Tales, Ashley was a nutjob. Janet and her husband were happy being swingers, Mrs. Sollain was meh and so was Jessica. The only real option was Nikki and Molly and we saw how that ended.

The story overall is a 3/5
    The graphics/renders overall is a 3/5
  10. 3.00 star(s)

ILCjr

I haven't played this story in a long while, and noticed that it has been marked as completed. This game is good. Even though it has some run of the mill scenarios in the game, it is not what I call just a run of the mill game.
    I like the fact that this was done to where you can have sex with a few girls, but it is not a harem builder, it is refreshing to play a game like this sometimes.
    The Easter eggs were a pleasant surprise, and broke the monotony that a lot of games. The funny scene with about the game patches made me laugh (You have to have the incest patch to see it).
    The renders are decent. There were a few that stood out, all of them were what I usually expect from devs here.
    One of the biggest things that the game has going against it is even though the game is not a harem builder, there is only one ending in which you get one of the girls that you have developed a relationship with.. That all or nothing game play does make for some frustration for the players.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

voyeurkind

Some pemay find this game dissatisying, but I did not. It was solid throughout and given the choices I made as a player within the game it ended in a satisfying manner. Well written and extremely well rendered. I'm looking forward to the developer's next game.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

HonoredEx

My less than 2p's about the game.
    TLDR version :Great start, solid middle but not fulfilling ending

Over all game has been entertaining, it was fun to see T's cheating biting back at the end (had some consequences), the humor was good and the overall was good. The ending with Molly seemed right, but hmm even if dev didnt want to tell the nikki x taylor story,
    Because she has been almost like a 2nd protagonist in the game, I feel like her own ending should have been something.
    She is just 'married' off to some religious rich dude and poof done with her, Like super sexually liberated girl marries the super religious guy...
    Like even D and RA got a almost happy ending,The beach players.. Nikki's own ending seemed hollow.
    Oh well I guess its good enough we got this much.

I think since nikki was written well , we the player got attached to the idea and wanted 'her' ending, but author wanted to drive home the point that nope, thats not how it works in society.
    If that was his intention then he should be happy from the criticism he should be getting now.
    On to new ventures now...
  13. 3.00 star(s)

Rythan25

How to start with this one ? Ok first of all I definitely recommend people to try this game regardless of how many stars it ends up with. Also I will break my self-imposed rule of only 3 categories for why I gave my rating, as I feel this game needs that...

Story 3/5 - The story is fun, and if it happens to be your particular brand of humor you'll end up loving it. That said it has several inconsistencies that many will point out, and yet many will try to counter in a rabid way (one person in particular), so in the end its your choice which side you fall on. To me personally I say it has inconsistencies, Nikki we were told form the start wont be a LI, fair enough... but then dont write her saying stuff like "Tales I think I L.... nevermind"... and tell us that it was strictly sexual...Also dont show other girls and give them enough screen time if they are just going to end up toss away's in the grand scheme of the game with flimsy excuses as to why they dont end up with the MC... loving her sport more than the MC ? why does she have to chose ? only wanted sex ? than why chose the MC every time over other males ? etc... And this is coming from someone who actually believes that "BEST GIRL" won... thats right, to me Molly was the star of this game, beautiful model that most see as boring, and I see as "eager to learn".

Writing 4/5 - this is one of the new categories I have to use for this game... I separated it from the story due to thinking Sumodeine's writing is pretty damn good, and funny as all hell... while I think the story suffered, the character dialogues were always on point to me... even if they said something that contradicts their entire being, they said it with their "own voice" if that makes sense... they didnt seem OoC... more like its still them just after taking a stupid pill lol.

Characters 3/5 - I would have put this one a bit higher, but since so many were wasted its hard to go above a three... Molly is my little angel, Nikki is a spicy firecracker that was written to be bi-polar as all fuck, Cory is a lame gym sock, and her sudden turn to reject MC near the end was dumb as bricks... Chelsea was hot, but just there... Skylar was awesome, but forgotten halfway through the game...and lastly Sarah, from her first appearance the fans loved her, so in order to quell expectations, she got fatter in every update, and eventually vanishes just so people dont ask for scenes with her. Ohh almost forgot Jessika... she was a decent character that was "supposedly" only about sex with MC, however if its with a disgusting character model like D'Brickshaw, she suddenly is into having a steady relationship... SMH...

Graphics 3/5 - The game might be using older models (Genesis 2-3 ?) and it shows in most cases, Cory, and Jessica particularly were from an ancient era back when they were protagonist models, but now barely show up as background characters... Nikki fairs a bit better, but isnt all that either... Molly and Sarah however were clearly made with love, and can hold their own against even Genesis 8 models.

Conclusion - play the game for the humor, and the few sexual escapes peppered throughout, but dont get attached to the characters, most fizzle out and you only get an ending with ONE of the girls, either that or a bad end... Also avoid the thread, lots of people hate the "heroine" that was chosen as the main LI, but also their are bullies that will hate your own interpretation of the story if it doesnt align with what the dev said, or they WANTED.

EDIT - also never got the fanbase for Ashley that she got, to me she was a dumb meme, and I hope she never shows up in the dev's future project again... She had two "funny" scenes in the entire game... killing Eric (the worst VN character to ever exist), and the courtroom scene where Tales keeps mentioning cumming on her face every 5 words LOL... other than that she was dumb an annoying, then again she was a Vegan what else was there to expect.
  14. 4.00 star(s)

AnyName'llDo

Great game. Well worth your time. I didn't really feel I made the choices that led to the ending I got, but c'est la vie. I'm impressed the game even has an ending. Lots of fun to be had along the way.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

64spoons

I'm confused by all the low ratings of this VN. I found it to be a perfect mix of story and sex. The MC is likable and believable (No monster cock, the build of a nerdy 18 year old, no grey zombie skin, not the same 1980's hair as a lot of other VNs). The women are well rendered and have unique personalities. The writing is well thought out and funny. I played three of the endings and was pretty satisfied by all of them, although one is the best... Molly. This doesn't quite crack my top 5 but it's pretty damn close. I hope to see more from this Dev in the future.
  16. 1.00 star(s)

WindIsHowling

Don't care what anyone says. Lazy ending that didn't make a whole bunch of sense. Storytelling wasn't great up to that point but this wasn't a proper ending to a game that's been in development this long. Seems like the dev just got bored of making the game. I don't even disagree with not ending up with Nikki, but it was just executed in such a rushed and poor way, with loads of buildup leading to "Yeah I agree let's just forget right?".

Deserves the one star for managing to fall so hard at the last hurdle.
  17. 4.00 star(s)

Alfius

Wow...OK, So not a 5/5 game, But still a very solid game.

Graphics: 8/10
    Story: 9/10
    Characters: 9/10
    Sex scenes 8/10

And Molly had a lovely unshaven bush, so that was a plus for me.

Very enjoyable game. Loved Nikki and Taylor relationship. Loved the gorgeous Molly (Her looks is a 10/10 for me. Love her breast and bush).

Ending was satisfying for me.

I'm a bit disappointed by the 1 star reviews on here. It made me consider a 5 star, but I feel 4 star is a more honest reflection on the game for me.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TLDR...Good game. Looking forward to your next one :D
  18. 4.00 star(s)

Petro28

So the story has ended.
    I found this game somewhere in the middle of development and tough the premise was interesting. Bro and sis together in one room in college dorm, opens possibilities for sexy situations. That is a promise I got from description and name of the game, yet my expectations were blown away by my surprise of how good the game was.
    If I am honest the quality of renders did not wowed me but images were good and got better with updates. What really hooked me was Nikki, her hot body and of course the humor.
    Jokes and sarcasm that are intertwined with unexpected good story that doesn't go the usual way is a strength of this game. Other great things in this game is abundance of colorful and beautiful girls and some are even crazy. If I to rate what things which hooked me; first would be Nikki, second humor and third story.
    I am happy I experienced this game.
  19. 3.00 star(s)

DarrenH

The journey was fantastic but arriving at the destination was a bit of a let down.

The graphics are above average. The dialogue is very well written. Standard story. Girls are all sexy. I got a thing for crazy girls so Ashley was my favourite.

The ending is the only let down for me. I wouldve loved an ending where I am in a relationship with Nikki or still in one with Ashley but alas dev didn't go this route.
  20. 4.00 star(s)

♩♪♫ ŤЦ尺尺ØЛ ♫♪♩

INCEST! yes this reviewer kisses and hugs this game because of INCEST! the one taboo you cannot do IRL can be achieved in this game...well a bit too vanilla for my taste but it is overturned by the wonderful journey that went along with it.

you know what's the next best thing aside from INCEST? HAREM! yes you can also have this deliciously delicious route and boy are the girls hawt! sure the vanilla route of "being true to the one you love" is great and all but nothing beats the loving fresh air of sharing yourself to every woman you can find. ...filling or spraying them with your seed.

so all in all its a great game. A wonderful game that is now a wonderful part in the annals of f95zone.