RPGM My Mistress Lu Bu [Demo] [Noxurtica]

John Bon Clay

Jul 14, 2020
The model you run with is that all games will stop getting public updates/releases after version 0.5 to 0.8?
Or it's at least safe to presume that that will be the case?

Noxurtica

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2019
So is a female Guan Yu, Zhang Fei and Liu Bei going to make an appearance as well during the battle of Hu Lao Gate?
We have the pixel art for female Guan Yu and Zhang Fei, but due to budget we never got to make sprites for them. The events in the story take place after Hu Lao gate and the primary enemy is going to be Cao Cao/Liu Bei.

The model you run with is that all games will stop getting public updates/releases after version 0.5 to 0.8?
Or it's at least safe to presume that that will be the case?
We do that for our longer games, but for our shorter games that are usually 3-4 hours long, we just release a single demo.

Jun 12, 2022
We have the pixel art for female Guan Yu and Zhang Fei, but due to budget we never got to make sprites for them. The events in the story take place after Hu Lao gate and the primary enemy is going to be Cao Cao/Liu Bei.

We do that for our longer games, but for our shorter games that are usually 3-4 hours long, we just release a single demo.
will this game be a long or shorter game? love the premise

balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
As much historical genderswapping as we've seen I don't think anyone's ever done it to Lu Bu - until now.

John Bon Clay

Jul 14, 2020
Ty very much, appreciate the honest answer, this below is just my thoughts and curiosity, you can disregard it all you like.
I understand that it's business and all, but I've always wondered, if you stop things 0.5 etc. Have it shown a larger increase of money? Releasing 0.5 to 0.8?
My idea would be you have larger one put, or one month buyers, but fewer loyal backers?
Then I thought, Maybe loyal backers doesn't matter? They just back you because the half game was good and not for the entirety of the love. But if they loved a game, especially after 0.5, those backers would be gone, as they never got to try it.

I'm bit drunk, sorry, I am interested in the matter though, I am sure you're doing what you think is best for you and your interests. I am just curious. I always believed good games sell. Cracked, uncracked, whatever, people will eventually buy to support what they like. I bought many, even most my games after playing them cracked. Not all are like me ofc.

Still.. I find the topic interesting.. Would be nice with an honest answer. But this really isn't my business, so i understand nonetheless.

Noxurtica

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2019
Ty very much, appreciate the honest answer, this below is just my thoughts and curiosity, you can disregard it all you like.
I understand that it's business and all, but I've always wondered, if you stop things 0.5 etc. Have it shown a larger increase of money? Releasing 0.5 to 0.8?
My idea would be you have larger one put, or one month buyers, but fewer loyal backers?
Then I thought, Maybe loyal backers doesn't matter? They just back you because the half game was good and not for the entirety of the love. But if they loved a game, especially after 0.5, those backers would be gone, as they never got to try it.

I'm bit drunk, sorry, I am interested in the matter though, I am sure you're doing what you think is best for you and your interests. I am just curious. I always believed good games sell. Cracked, uncracked, whatever, people will eventually buy to support what they like. I bought many, even most my games after playing them cracked. Not all are like me ofc.

Still.. I find the topic interesting.. Would be nice with an honest answer. But this really isn't my business, so i understand nonetheless.
It's a good question. Impossible to say what would have been better route to take. Mistress vs Slave basically has the full game for free, while BDSM Apocalypse also has several hours worth of content on the free version. Some of the games have been pirated and uploaded here too, but can't tell how that would affect sales or backing either. I do plan on the next long game having more public versions, so we'll see how that goes.

Reactions: John Bon Clay

John Bon Clay

Jul 14, 2020
It's a good question. Impossible to say what would have been better route to take. Mistress vs Slave basically has the full game for free, while BDSM Apocalypse also has several hours worth of content on the free version. Some of the games have been pirated and uploaded here too, but can't tell how that would affect sales or backing either. I do plan on the next long game having more public versions, so we'll see how that goes.
I can also understand some resentment when creating and people leeching, but have you not leeched? and have I? have all? There isn't nearly enough for all.
I hope that that is not your reason. Then your focus is wrong. :), else I'm good!

Noxurtica

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2019
I can also understand some resentment when creating and people leeching, but have you not leeched? and have I? have all? There isn't nearly enough for all.
I hope that that is not your reason. Then your focus is wrong. :), else I'm good!
I have no resentment at all and have made no efforts to prevent the pirated copies of my games here. The reason I don't upload actual full games is because I'm selling the games on Steam/itch, and it would go against the terms of sales to upload free copies here.

leafkfy

May 22, 2020
Is incredible that I played and enjoyed some of Noxurtica's games without even knowing they were made by the same people, gonna try this one too, pretty sure it will be good!

Reactions: Noxurtica