Recommending My Favorites Games, With Summaries. Mostly story/romance centered.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
When I first found F95, I didn't even know what RenPy was, and there were so many games posted every day, I didn't even know where to start. The first game I ever played here was MILFY city, based on recommendations in the forums. What a disappointment that turned out to be. Sure, it was great fun playing it for the first time, but as everyone here knows, the dev. killed it (ICSTOR gives all other devs a bad name). However, from there I started reading more and more recommendations to find games to try, and found many great, and some amazing games here. I started building up a list of my favorites. I thought some here might it find useful if I posed a list of my favorites with brief summaries of what the game is about, and why I like it.

Feel free to comment, add your own, or shoot down my recommendations :). I've played about 120 games here that I liked enough to record my impressions for myself. There are many, many, games here that look great that I haven't played yet, so if your favorite game is not on the list, I have probably not played it!

- Light of my Life - Wholesome story about a father raising two daughters after his wife dies in a car accident, and how his two daughters deal with it. Very warm and touching throughout. Writing and story is excellent, and you really feel for the characters. Probably my favorite game here, if I had to pick just one.

- Bad Memories - A young man with a difficult past reconnects with his dead fathers girlfriend and sister. Great characters, and some mystery regarding what happened in the past, keeps the story fresh and interesting. Great writing, several very sexy scenes, and has quite a bit of humor also. Several of the main characters are completely irresistible, so you should definitely try it.

- Where the Heart Is - Great fun. The story is a bit cliche, a young man, whose parents have died, moving in with his mother's best friend, and her sexy daughters. Large cast of characters, each with their own unique personality, and a quite a bit of mystery about his dad's final wishes for his estate, keeps the player guessing. One (or more?) of the characters is conspiring to keep the MC from his father's inheritance. But who is it? A bit unique in that while several characters get along, you do have to make some key decisions to keep everything from crashing down around you when the secret is out, assuming like me that you are romancing everyone, haha. I normally like games with fewer characters, where you can really get to know them better, but among the games with a large cast of characters, this one is my favorite. Plus, it has a huge amount of great content, so be prepared to play for a few days, if you are careful reading everything.

- Halfway House - A young man recently out of prison, moves into a halfway house run by a sexy woman, and where several cute girls live. What could possible happen, right? The main LI is incredibly cute, and unintentionally funny, and really keeps the story flowing. You can't wait to see what happens next. Several other characters you meet, are really compelling also, especially the doctor (you'll see), some scenes are really laugh out loud funny. The writing is very good.

- Acting Lessons - Starts out as a simple story about a young man who is recently out of the hospital after an injury, and meets a beautiful young woman at the park, and is then introduced to her friends. As you play, however, things get more complicated. The writing is very good, and several of the ancillary characters are great fun to get to know. Of all games I have ever played, this game has the best male best friend. Normally in games here other male characters are completely non-existent, or barely part of the story, which is fine with me, but in this case he is hilarious and adds a lot of fun to the story. Your choices have a major impact (major!) on what happens, so you have to play it several times, at least the last 3rd of the game. The first time I played it I got a bad ending, and was literally somewhat depressed the rest of the day and the next, thinking about it, which is a testament to how good the writing is and how close you feel toward the characters. It was one of my first games here, so it took me a day to realize I could try to play again with different choices and found that on replaying I got a somewhat better ending, and I am very glad I did. I think there are at least 5 endings if I remember correctly. You should play them all. Ultimately, no matter what you do this game has a very controversial ending, which you will not forget. Some people can't look past it, which I understand, but I still think Acting Lessons is one of the greats. You really should play it.

- Our Fate - A middle-aged man reconnects with his estranged daughter. Great writing, touching scenes. Amazing game, one of the best actually, but it is unfinished and abandoned :(. I almost hesitate to include it, but it is still a great story and I am very glad I tried it. Well worth playing IMO.

- Melody - A musician changes careers to teach music, and meets a young single mother who asks him to teach her daughter to play guitar and sing. Straightforward story, uncomplicated characters, but fun to play. I really enjoyed it lot. There are several great romanceable side characters that I still remember well. After awhile, it gets a little repetitive at the end, but still enjoyable.

- Babysitter - You are a computer programmer who's niece moves in with him to start college. Quite good. The buildup of their relationship is great, and the writing is quite good. The early renders are not great, but they quickly get much better. The story ends up being quite interesting, and there are a few very compelling side characters, especially the niece's hot friend!. The later updates are a little weaker, it probably should have ended earlier. But, all in all a great game, and I loved playing it.

- Freeloading Family - This is a hard one. A brother and sister live in a house together, going to college, and meet several hot coeds. The characters are wonderful and the writing is top-notch. There isn't much of a story, but getting to know each of the characters better is great. Several of the characters have an interesting back story, which is fun to find out over several updates. I really loved the first 95% of this game. However, the ending is horrible and comes on as a total surprise to the player just as the story is getting good, which made most (all of them?) fans mad. Honestly until the ending a great story, with quite memorable characters. It is clear to me, unfortunately, that the dev just got tired of working on the game, and decided rather than just abandoning it, to rush though an ending for each main character. I honestly wished he had just abandoned it. Play up until the ending, and it is a really fun, with lots of hot scenes. I am a pretty upset myself at the sudden unexpected and uncharacteristic endings of an otherwise great game, haha, so whether you want to try it or not is up to you.

- Pact with a Witch - A young man witnesses his best friend (justifiably) turned into a woman by a goth girl, who turns out to be a witch. Somewhat short, and one of the romanceable characters I don't like at all, but it is largely skippable, and the buildup with the Witch is really fun, so I recommend trying it. The story is quite intersting as well. Normally I prefer 3DCG games for the realism, but the hand drawn artwork here is wonderful.

- City of Broken Dreamers - Looks like AAA game to me. The animation is first the best I have ever seen from a RenPy game. The MC is hired to kill a genetic mutant with unusual powers, and ends up trying to save her. The story is very strong, and I love the futuristic setting. Several of the side characters are pretty interesting, and there are several points where your choices really matter. The relationships with the characters are not super-deep like some of the others, but get carried along with the story, and the sexy scenes are a major bonus.

- Depraved Awakening - You are a private investigator, trying to figure out what happened after the death of your client. Same developer as City of Broken Dreamers, great story, romance is a little stronger than CoBD, very hot scenes, and some of the characters have good depth. There are several key choices, so you will need to play it a few times from the choices to see everything. Some of the hottest sex scenes I can remember in a VN here. You owe it to yourself to play this and CoBD if you haven't already.

- Estate Dominate - I am usually not at all into female domination games, but the way it is done here, with the MC basically imprisoned by a cast of women in their mansion, waiting for his chance for revenge, is really great. For me, the scenes with drawn out teasing, and the mystery of what is really going on is top notch. You don't know who to trust, if anyone, and what is going to happen next. Really keeps you you your toes. Not really any romance at all, but a good game. Try if for 15 minutes to see if it is your cup of tea. I really like it. If you have to have a game where the MC is in total control at all times, you won't like it. Otherwise, it is really fun and exciting.

- Summer's Gone - Amazing game so far, where you are a witness to a car accident and the victim is in a wheelchair and falls in love with you. Many other hot characters. Would be much higher on the list if the development were not so sloooooowww. The last update was 1 year ago. The dev says that future update will be a lot faster. It is worth giving it a chance. If the dev can put out updates a little faster, it will be one of the top games here.

- A Mother's Love - Really great. You slowly build up a relationship with your girlfriend's mother, who is hesitantly and then more and more enthusiastically into it. The characters are great, and the scenes are hot. The story is good too. There is some mystery as to what exactly the girlfriend's father is up to with his business and personal life, that keeps the story fresh. The girlfriend is a little boring, but probably that is intentional to make the mother more appealing. The sneaking around with the mother really adds to the excitement of the story, I think.

- Avalon - Pretty fun. Not the deepest story or most in depth characters, but the relationship with the MC and his niece is warm and sweet, and there are a few other characters that add fun to the story.

- Being a DIK - Same developer as the amazing Acting Lessons. You are a new student in a university pledging a fraternity. For me it has something missing, regarding how close you can get to the characters, but it is still in heavy development so we will see. Still, by any objective measure, the animation and renders are top notch. One small step behind City of Broken Dreamers, but still amazing. Try it, a lot of people really love it, and I do enjoy it. There is a lot of humor some, better than others.

- Dating my Daughter - So famous, I probably don't even have to mention it. One of the earlier big games here, but undeniably fun to play. The daughter is a little too devoid of personality, especially after the first 3rd of the game, and it gets a little repetitive, but I always enjoy each update anyway.

- Unleashed - Unleashed is great fun, and really funny at times as well. It is where my avatar is from ;). It seems like a pretty stereotypical story of a young man (the MC) living in a home with an oversexed single woman and her hot daughters. It doesn't really have a huge amount of romance, which is why I didn't put it on the first list, but it is really enjoyable to play. I said it already, but the humor is really nice to see. Most games don't have much, or the humor is bad. I don't quite know where the story is going, because the dev hints that there is a whole separate layer on top of what we see, some sort of mystery that has not really been revealed, except in slight clues. Development is not very fast, unfortunately, and it looks like there is a long way to go, but if you are patient, really a fun game. I love it.

- Dr. Amana, Sexual Therapist - Wow. Would be one of the top games here in my opinion if the updates were not so slow and short. I love all the characters, who each have a unique personality, and the story is actually quite good, which is rare in VNs here. You are recounting your life and your mistakes with a therapist, and your choices actually have a major impact on your relationship with each character, which is nice to see. You really have to play the game at least twice to get all the content. I would say it is only about 15% completed, but there is still a good amount of content so far. There is a lot of humor as well, which is appreciated. The dev is quite active here and takes a strong role in teaching others rendering, and even holds frequent live streams of his work. I think he is doing an amazing job, but he has a real 8-5 job, so like almost all devs who do this in their free time, his time is limited. If I could speed up time about 2 or 3 years, this game could be one of the top here. If you have a lot of patience, it is a great game to try.

- Fetish Locator - Totally unique. I love it. You are a student that is semi-forced into using an app to get points by secretly doing lewd activities with other students with the same app. The concept really works. The game has some unusual (to me) fetishes that normally I don't like, but are fun here. All skippable, if you aren't into it. Plenty of vanilla content too, so don't be put off by that. The characters aren't super deep, but it is a lot of fun, and I really enjoy each update.

- Haley's Story - This is an odd pick. If you have played it you know what I mean. Started out great, probably one of my favorites, but some choices in the story have steadily moved it down in my rankings. You live with your "childhood friend" who is in love with you, and has a bit of a dark past. There are also a few other characters, but the story really centers on Haley, hence the name of the VN. Haley as a character is really appealing, and probably one of the most realistic portrayals I've seen here. Ultimately, I really like it, but the later updates are not quite as good as the earlier updates. I think this suffers from the same problems most VNs have where the Dev doesn't know what to do with the story once you get the girl, so it is a bit repetitive. I personally would have taken a lot longer for their relationship to develop, but that is just my preference. It sounds like I am not recommending it, but really it is a very good story, just be prepared to get a little underwhelmed by later updates, but I have to recommend it because I loved playing it for a long, long, time, and even now the updates are still enjoyable.

- WVM - You have probably already played it. It is one of the most popular games here. You are a top basketball talent at a lower tier school, so everyone loves you. A huge cast of characters, all the women are romanceable except for 3. There are 51 at my last count. Whew. It is really hard to keep track of them all. Lots of hot scenes. Not the deepest story. With so many characters, you really don't get to focus on romancing one or a handful, but give it time. The MC is perhaps too popular with women to be even slightly believable, all women he encounters pretty much stop everything to be with him despite him already having a crowd of women with him already, but if you can suspend your disbelief, it is quite fun to play.

- Alexandria - A previously violent MC, meets the daughters of a gangster and slowly becomes more and more part of their lives. Despite the subject matter, a surprisingly sweet story. I like it a lot. The characters aren't extremely deep, but the romance is good. The MC is a little passive when it comes to women, but if you don't mind that, you will enjoy it.

- Become a Rock Star - Interesting story, several really good characters. It isn't my top-top favorite, for some reason, but it is undeniably good. The characters aren't the deepest, and don't have a very complex personality, but it has a lot of hot scenes, and I look forward to each update.

- Element-174 - This one is very underrated in my opinion. I don't want to give away the story, but it starts of as a stereotypical guy (the MC) going to college and meeting a cast of hot women. Things eventually aren't quite what they seem. I really like it a lot. Good writing, interesting story, a bit farfetched, but easy to look past the realism of it. Renders aren't as polished as some of the others, but there are several characters with some depth, and I really want to see what happens next.

- Heavy Five - Great science fiction setting. Had a huge development hiatus (a year or more? I can't quite remember) where the dev redid all the renders and updated the story. It is a lot of fun to play. The large cast of characters means that you can't really get to know any that well, and it is more story focused-than romance focused. But give it a chance, it has a lot of funny parts in it as well. It has a long way to go, and could be one of the best here eventually.

- Harem Hotel - I didn't really like this very much at first because of the sand-box nature, though it is very forgiving and not hard to know what to do. But it was so well recommended by its fans, that I stuck with it. It has zero grinding, so it is one of the few sand-box like games I like playing. It all takes place in a hotel, so it is really not a click fest where you aren't sure what to do. Just visit the rooms of the girls you like and the story progresses from there. As you get to know the characters, you realize that each has a very compelling backstory, that really brings you into the story. I after you start to know the characters better, it becomes really fun to play.

- Power Vacuum - A sandbox-lite game. You are a young man with oversexed sisters, a mother, and her friends. With a dastardly grandfather that is very easy to outwit. He is more funny than threatening, so don't worry. The choices are obvious to avoid any scenes where he is involved. You just need to click around the rooms of the house to have interactions with each character. There is a room list image, and you can see where the characters are, so that helps a lot. There is a lot of repetition to get to the good parts which is annoying. But if you hold control it isn't bad. The main reason this game is on my list is that it is really, really funny, which is why I have to recomend it. Other than Spacecorps XXX, this is the only other game where I frequently laugh out loud. The scenes, though it takes a long time to get there, are very hot. If you can look past the slight sandbox-like style, it is well worth playing.

- Spacecorps XXX - Just thinking about this game makes me laugh. This game has a lot of humor, a lot. You are a country bumpkin from Ganymede that enrolls in Spacecorps, where you meet a large cast of highly sexed characters. A total culture shock. Reading the dialog from the MC as he can't believe what he is seeing, is really funny. It has lots and lots of different fetishes, sex with aliens, virtual sex with robots, gay content, many others. But don't be turned off, because it is all directed by the player. Pick choices that appeal to you, and you only see what you want. The updates are quite frequent, but short. Still there is a lot of content. A totally unique gameplay experience, and you really should try it. If you are easily offended, it might not be for you, because it is very irreverent. But I really like it a lot. Much of the humor really is laugh out loud funny, in my opinion. Not deep at all, but everything is played for laughs. Think of a super sexy Spaceballs (the movie), and you are on the right track.

The Deluca Family - I love this game. The characters are unique and compelling, the story is really good. You are a young man who has lost his memory and starts living with a family of gangsters, and you slowly move up the ranks. There is a lot of mystery of who you are and your role in everything that is happening. There is a lot of depth to each of the characters that is slowly revealed over time. Some parts of the story are unbelievably touching. I cried. I have to say, much of this game is a masterpiece. It is very slow to get to the romance, and heavily story focused, but if you like a great story, and are patient, very worth it. You owe it to yourself to play this.

That is it for now. There are lots more that I have played and I liked well enough to keep track of them, but I have to stop my list somewhere. Maybe I will post more later with some further recommendations if there is any interest. Feel free anyone to add to my list below with your favorites.

Last edited:

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
https://f95zone.to/threads/once-in-a-lifetime-v0-8-caribdis.37470/ this is one i tried recently and had never even heard of if not for someone recommending it, its got a great story and a lot of humor with a good amount of content, but hard to explain without going into spoilers kind of, would recommend trying it based on your list. i liked most of yours and some on here i haven't tried yet that i may give a try. another good one with a TON of story if your starting from the beginning would be https://f95zone.to/threads/waifu-academy-v0-8-0b-irphaeus.9414/ updates are slow though sadly. honestly i could probably add another 10-20 that are not on here but based on how many you said you have played you may have already tried them

M$hot

May 28, 2017
I would like to put a word in for Summer with Mia https://f95zone.to/threads/summer-with-mia-final-inceton.7961/
The story isn't super deep, but the relationships feel kind of reasonable, at one point you cross a line that sets you back a bit which I haven't seen that many games do. The main thing I like about the writing is that it's really built a sense of sneaking around. Because the main people involved share a roof, it's got a real 'I'm being naughty' feel to it.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Sounds like you probably would enjoy Love of Magic; Urban Fantasy meets Arthurian Romance about saving the world and getting the girl. Book 1 is complete, and Starting work on Book 2 now.

• Wow
Reactions: Soundgfx

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
https://f95zone.to/threads/once-in-a-lifetime-v0-8-caribdis.37470/ this is one i tried recently and had never even heard of if not for someone recommending it, its got a great story and a lot of humor with a good amount of content, but hard to explain without going into spoilers kind of, would recommend trying it based on your list. i liked most of yours and some on here i haven't tried yet that i may give a try. another good one with a TON of story if your starting from the beginning would be https://f95zone.to/threads/waifu-academy-v0-8-0b-irphaeus.9414/ updates are slow though sadly. honestly i could probably add another 10-20 that are not on here but based on how many you said you have played you may have already tried them
Thanks. I have not heard of Once in a Lifetime. The story looks intriguing. I don't think I have tried any horror themes VNs, I am intrigued. I will definitely try it.

Waifu Academy is quite good, you are right. The story does get more and more interesting as you play it, and it has quite a bit of humor as well, which I appreciate. I was worried it was abandoned awhile ago, but it looks like updates are still coming, which is great.

Thanks a lot. I've never played Summer with Mia. The screenshots look great, I will have to try it. And it is actually completed, which is rare here.

Sounds like you probably would enjoy Love of Magic;
Thanks for the recommendation. I've been meaning to play Love of Magic because I've heard a lot of great things about it, and the reviews are quite positive. I will definitely check it out soon.

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
ill warn you once in a lifetime has horror but over all its mostly light hearted but sometimes you will get a light chill depending how horror games effect you at some areas lol but the humor is pretty great some times

Edit: on a side note im going to give light of my life a try since I've been on the fence about trying it every time i noticed it in latest updates and considering you seem to enjoy pretty much the same kind of games i think there's a high possibility it will be up my ally so im going to say thanks for the recommendation

Last edited:

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
ill warn you once in a lifetime has horror but over all its mostly light hearted but sometimes you will get a light chill depending how horror games effect you at some areas lol but the humor is pretty great some times
Yes, I understand. I wasn't expecting "Silence of the Lambs" hehe. Humor is a big part of most of my favorite games, so I am looking forward to trying it.

Edit: on a side note im going to give light of my life a try since I've been on the fence about trying it every time i noticed it in latest updates and considering you seem to enjoy pretty much the same kind of games i think there's a high possibility it will be up my ally so im going to say thanks for the recommendation
Seriously. You won't regret it. I love Light of my Life. The character models look a little unusual I admit when you first see them. They are not the typical western magazine model type DAZ renders you usually see in VNs around here. But you grow to care about the characters a lot, and their appearance grows on you quickly. It's really a sweet story, with some hot sexy elements of course, increasing with each update.

honestly i could probably add another 10-20 that are not on here but based on how many you said you have played you may have already tried them
Please do! I am always looking for new games, and a personal recommendation from someone with similar tastes is a lot stronger than a combined overall review score from everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Droid Productions

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
one to look out for that is fairly new is https://f95zone.to/threads/a-o-a-academy-ch-1-gold-tlggames.62139/ another school one but has some great story if you can ignore the major proofreading needed still they just finished the first chapter, another recommendation would be https://f95zone.to/threads/midlife-crisis-v0-22-nefastus-games.20427/ its overview does a decent job explaining it, alright ima go into just link post mode now haha and list some others i enjoyed some more romance-y https://f95zone.to/threads/my-new-family-v0-15-killer7.35957/
https://f95zone.to/threads/my-best-deal-v0-8-pirot-king.37164/
https://f95zone.to/threads/my-sister-my-roommate-v1-69-sumodeine.5593/ ending was kind of a let down but was a fun vn
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-intoxicating-flavor-v0-6-pixelslab.12818/ great story imo
https://f95zone.to/threads/evenicle-v1-04-alicesoft.14403/ more game then a VN but was good if you can deal with a couple rape scenes
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-anomalous-dr-vibes-v0-9-0-final-drvibes.20377/ another sandbox game that seems lesser known but pretty amusing

think ill leave it at that for now lol ive played a ton but my "tastes" are all over these days haha tho not a fan of ntr so thats typically not an issue with something i post
give them a look and ill try and recommend more along the lines of those that you liked if i can

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
ok just finished CH4 of LoML and it was pretty great more tease then im used too but it was a lot of fun i have to admit and with how things are progressing i really cant wait till around new years for the CH5 release really surprised me honestly after DMD and such i figured id hate 4 chapters of tease but honestly with how its written it flowed nicely and progressed well

Reactions: Smarmint

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
ok power vacuum was probably the dumbest thing ive ever read but in its stupidity one of the most amusing games ive played its like seeing a play where everyone can sell the worst plot ever and leave you busting a gut xD Edit: in all honesty i dont remember laughing so hard or so often its a 9/10 and that is fking amazing considering the plot is a fkin joke and a half but its got its own charm making it unique

love of magic was pretty good for a kinetic sandbox game but leaves you on a cliffhanger with lots to do still and nothing but wanting to see where it goes, animations are pretty shit to be honest if you dont die laughing at the bad walking animations its workable for what seems to be the goal at times, but plot is pretty great only real note id say is felt more like the author knew where they wanted to go but no clue how to start out so its stupidly slow with a pretty bad start, but gets pretty great if you get get over the excessively boring minigame battle system that becomes a time sink to pad it almost. minor tip once you get access to cluster gems and rage gems use those and possibly a shield gem for the 1 pair slot. still had over sights (calander extending past December in like act 4 then clearing to show its ending there) some bugs (black rose quest never finishes once you buy the toy) and typos

tldr characters are better then plot half the time, kinetic sandbox means limited time to grind, cumbersome ui feeling out of date but over all a decent game id give it somewhere around 6-7/10 even with the faults but could be better if some points were redone to make it look a little better (mainly the videos lol)

Edit2: last to try now is element 174 if its anything like the rest i should enjoy will leave thoughts after

Last edited:

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
just remembered another VN that just came back from the dead pretty recently you should give a try some time

https://f95zone.to/threads/kindread-vol-1-the-redburns-production-thread.16073/

honestly one of the few where story can be pretty great but ill say you gotta pick the points you want if your a dick it's a bit meh imo if your sincere the mc is likable in my opinion lol

one i just tried that wasnt half bad minus major proofreading need is

https://f95zone.to/threads/old-friends-and-public-transport-v0-000575-oppai-auteur.11222/

tho muscle chicks, so if not your thing hard to suggest it but back and forth between everyone is pretty amusing if a bit more laid back and real compared to some

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
ok power vacuum was probably the dumbest thing ive ever read but in its stupidity one of the most amusing games ive played its like seeing a play where everyone can sell the worst plot ever and leave you busting a gut xD Edit: in all honesty i dont remember laughing so hard or so often its a 9/10 and that is fking amazing considering the plot is a fkin joke and a half but its got its own charm making it unique
Haha, yes. You are completely right, the story is absolutely crazy. But some of the lines are just hilarious. I still remember the scene where one of the characters say the expression, "Young, Dumb, and full of ..." And the mother interrupts and says "Ahem, Rum, full of Rum.", and the other character says, "They are pirates?", and everyone else just riffs on the scene. I laughed so hard. There are many like that. It is the crazy self-aware dialog that gets me.

just remembered another VN that just came back from the dead pretty recently you should give a try some time
Thanks for the suggestion about the Redburns. I played the version before the long update and really liked it a lot. The new update is definately on my to play list. I always play the most likeable character options, because that is just me. I like to treat people the way I would want to be treated, and that is the same in games.

Never even heard of it, but I will give it a shot.

Regarding the other list you mentioned. I have played about 1/3 of your suggestions, the others I will definately check out, thanks.

Midlife Crisis - Pretty good. I enjoyed it more in the first 2/3rds. Now that you have everyone, it is getting a little repetitive, to me at least, but we will see where the dev takes it.

I loved My Sister My Roomate up to the ending. But like most fans, I didn't understand why the dev picked the most boring character with no personality as the only love interest (I wish the flower selling girl was an option :) ). I know he updated it later, because of all the backlash, but I just didn't feel like playing it again after that, since I already saw the game as the dev intended. But, maybe I will give the latest updates a chance.

My Best Deal looks great, with beautiful renders and characters, and one of the few games with interesting Asian characters, not based on Honey Select. But the updates are sooo short. Probably the record on this site of shortest updates. I always read everything, and I think it takes me 5 minutes max. I basically wait for about 5 updates so I can get at least 20 minutes of content. But it is a very promising game, I agree with you there.

I love Intoxicating Flavor. You are the first person I have heard, outside the thread of course, that has ever played it. It is great, I agree. It is severely underrated. The story is a little confusing at the moment, but I am sure it will get cleared up. The mystery is the point, I am sure. And the characters are genuinely interesting, with unique personalities. The dialog is also really good for a dev where English isn't their first language. Better than most mainstream games, I think.

I've looked at Dr. Vibes a few times on the thread, but the sandbox nature, and the non-RenPy engine have kept me from really playing it. Kind of the same with Willy D. I dislike sandbox games normally as a thinly disguised attempt to hide the lack of content behind repetitive scenes, but occasionally, like in Power Vacuum it is mild enough and the rest of the story makes it worth it. But, if you think it is worth it, I will give it another chance.

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
dr vibes is a lot like power vacuum in that the plot is almost bs but just good enough to be interesting wouldnt say the humor is as good but i enjoyed it and if you got nothing else to play hey never hurts to have some options lol

with power vacuum i absolutely hate the grampa but making him fail and getting cock blocked is the most amusing thing ever! i died with the wireless guitar stunt blowing out his ear drums with the hearing aid honestly i could probably make a full on rant about how fucking funny most the game is and it makes no sense with the plot lol like how can something be the worst thing written and still come out to be the best comedy routine ive ever seen, just wish it was longer hitting the end made me mad xD!!

lol if im getting annoying ill apologies having a place to "rant" about the games i either just finished till recent update or currently playing is kinda fun and its rare finding someone with the same kind of taste in games

ill try and think of some more to recommend lol i have moments where i want more game then story then other times where i want more story then game ha! so im a bit all over depending on my mood so makes it hard to suggest things kinda

been playing world after war recently cant say id recommend it for one its a sandbox with critical resource management but if the english wasn't complete and utter shit it would go from like 3/10 to a 6/10 kinda sucks its basicly a mtl with some plot trigger issues but for what i can only assume is their first project from a non native speaker its not too bad all things considered but i dont mind a sandbox from time to time otherwise i blow through it in a day or two and end up looking for something new to try hah

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
lol if im getting annoying ill apologies having a place to "rant" about the games i either just finished till recent update or currently playing is kinda fun and its rare finding someone with the same kind of taste in games
No it's great. Look at my posts. I am not exactly brief either, haha. I enjoy writing about the games almost as much as playing them, which is why I am on F95 all the time.

Usually I am arguing with people in the threads of my favorite games who complain about the basic character of the game, so chatting with someone who actually likes the same kind of games I like is a refreshing change of pace. Apparently many vocal users here want all games to look exactly the same. They can't stand any strong female characters with their own interests, even with other women, all games must be a harem, and the sex must happen immediately, who cares about the story, if the dev is a few days late on a release date, he must me milking all his fans and lying about it, and if there are any female characters with any personality or opinions at all, except for how amazing the MC is, they can't stand it, you get the idea.

You wouldn't believe the number of complaints about why Where the Heart is doesn't have a harem option, why is Deluca Family not a sex fest right from the beginning, and how can anyone like Light of my Life when the girls are so hideous (their opinion, not mine).

So, yes, I like all the comments about my favorite games. I'm glad I was able to recommend a few you haven't tried.

When I play a few of your recommendations, I will let you know what I think :).

Reactions: ju1zzed

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
i enjoy a great story as for girl on girl i wont even count it as ntr its hot i just act like an alpha otherwise tho haha im the only man if its a game damn it and i do enjoy a good harem but i can understand the point of a good solo path and an amusing side note on where the heart is ive been mostly doing a "harem" play through granted when shit hits the fan its going to be good im hoping not just a shocking gtfo then ill start over with solo paths but you unlock more doing it my way at least xD

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
i enjoy a great story as for girl on girl i wont even count it as ntr
Exactly. I don't mind it at all, especially if you get both girls in the end. But, to each is own. Some people are apparently bothered by it, which is fine, but don't try to get the dev to change his story.

Yes, I am the same way with WTHI. I can never resist any characters, except for Teresa, who is horrible. I accept that everyone will hate me in the end, except maybe Jenna, haha, so I will just do another few playthroughs with my favorite characters. I suspect that is what most people are doing.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Thanks, I've seen Single Again it a few times, but haven't played it. The renders look pretty good. Since an update just came out, I will give it a shot.

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
honestly i really enjoyed it gives a bit of a LoML vibe

lol i know ive been sharing a lot of my "recently played" games but im only sharing about 1 out of 5 because not all games are created equal lol