• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Music is important.

LaFaena

Mar 19, 2024
Music adds a lot to a game, but for NSFW devs is extra hard. First, you would have to commision a musician to have an OST for your game, which is a big $$$ drain. Other options would be buying music pieces from sites. They have a good variety, but when they learn is for a NSFW commercial use, most sites go NOPE. I remember a huge thread about this on the dev forum, and the list of sites that allow music to be used in NSFW projects is sad.

The last one, start hunting for free tunes, that one is a hit or miss and even then you still have to ask if it can be used on a NSFW project. So I understand why most devs avoid it, unless they have a dedicated musician as part of the team.
Thanks for the knowledge. These points are a bit unknown to some players and musicians (including me).
I'm going to put it as part of the thread, to better understand the situation of NSFW developers with music.

Reactions: Rafster

LaFaena

Mar 19, 2024
Music distracts me from reading.
Do you listen to music, when reading a book? All games I've played here were almost as reading a book.
For me music is great in action games, not in AVNs.
Oh yes, there are times when the music has words in it and it's a little hard for me to concentrate to read.

Living In A Lewd World

Jan 15, 2021
Netorare:
I feel that insecurity and anxiety is the mix used for this type of games.
Based on this emotions, we can think about what kind of sounds cause us insecurity/uncertainty and anxiety.
ideas: Laughter, distortion, (something that distresses or frightens you).
I'm not 100% sure about this, but netorare may be rather about mixing feelings of humiliation and joy similiar to what a Sub in BDSM experiences. I actually saw once a dominatrix humiliating a man live on stage for a show. The show was very well made. She used rather martialistic music for this like Rammstein and in the very great final, where she let her slave sparkling for the audience, she even used "My Way" from Frank Sinatra. I think, seeing your MC being humiliated to such music would be a better choice, as the difference from what you see and what you hear makes the feeling of humiliation much more real. But you may add some laughter into it, as you have then again contradiction already in the sounds.

Last edited:

WincestDevil

Mar 27, 2024
I'm not 100% sure about this, but netorare may be rather about mixing feelings of humiliation and joy similiar to what a Sub in BDSM experiences. I actually saw once a dominatrix humiliating a man live on stage for a show. The show was very well made. She used rather martialistic music for this like Rammstein and in the very great final, where she let her slave sparkling for the audience, she even used "My Way" from Frank Sinatra. I think, seeing your MC being humiliated to such music would be a better choice, as the difference from what you see and what you hear makes the feeling of humiliation much more real. But you may add some laughter into it, as you have then again contradiction already in the sounds.
Putting words in my mouth I see... :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: LaFaena

LaFaena

Mar 19, 2024
Thank you for sharing this story WincestDevil :sneaky:
Sharing experiences or feelings, can help a lot.

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: WincestDevil

LaFaena

Mar 19, 2024
Share experiences or feelings around a scene you saw and be able to describe what music would fit that scene. It's very valuable for inspiration.
May I have your permission to add the story to the thread? please?

Last edited: