• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

TwiztidSinX

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2021
Do I see Sara on the banner? If so, that's amazing.
Sara and Ariel are the 2 hidden unlockable characters in the first release of the game, each release will be adding 1 or 2 people from the banner of the game, I plan on letting the community vote for who they want added each update.

TwiztidSinX

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2021
You're gonna wanna be way more specific because that makes no sense. The anime is still coming out...
Meanwhile the novel...

Novel spoiler ofc.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yea I wanted to make a game about those characters and also get around the rules of all the characters being over 18. So I guess you could say its more of a whatif story? I'm trying to keep it seperate from the actual story, specifically so I don't spoil the story for the anime fans.

TwiztidSinX

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The game has currently zero story, zero characters, zero progression besides stats go up. Why even bother?
Wow that is a lot of feedback thank you for that. Now let's try to answer your questions one by one.

1. Mouse cursor issue - Maybe I should change it. I did it because I thought it was funny and fit the theme. Though I would be open to doing a poll to changing it.
2. The Bugged PC - The issue isn't actually with the PC itself it's with the inventory system. I can't seem to get it to close without hiding the entire screen, as in all the arrows to move around. The best way I could find to do it was to hide the inventory then force the player to click anywhere on the screen to reopen the arrows.
3. Clicking the Girls - Those are the hidden locked characters. They are clickable when you unlock them. Also if you click the arrow keys on the other unlocked girls you can cycle through to get to the "Blonde Girls" Ariel and Sara. It then shows a character is currently locked screen.
4. The Filler Areas - Yes I plan on adding interactable characters all around as the game grows, I also want to flesh out the castle and the university and have rooms you can walk into and talk to other people. I simply only added what was absolutely needed as this took me a few months to make as it is. Figured I would release what I had ready so that I could test people reception to it and get some feedback.
5. Aisha - In the canon story Aisha and Norn are Rudys sisters, Aisha likes to try to come on to Rudy and he is constantly forced to tell her no as he is not into incest.
6. Battles (Overall) - I tested it originally with 1/10th the exp it has now, the grind was horrible. You could get the required amount of battles done, but would be far to underleveled for the next set of battles, so I increased it to test stuff easier...and forgot to decrease it.... Same for the time of day and the status bars, those are supposed to decrease. I just got tired of running back to the bedroom every 4 battles so I turned that off and forgot to turn it back on... my bad. As far as the images for battle sprites goes, yea I am not good at making art, so I created those with AI. Though I do plan on eventually hiring someone to redo all the AI art with better artwork that fits better, but as the game is currently not making money I have no way to do that at the moment, though it is coming eventually. Also the thing with being able to 1 shot stuff yea that annoys me as well. I got the script for the battles from renpy cookbook, and tweaked it for what I needed, though the coder for the script has atk stats implemented they are not tied in anyway to the skills damage. Making scaling damage not possible at the moment. It's one of the things I am working on. Everytime I try to code it I keep getting class/object errors which is frustrating.

I think I covered everything? If I missed something I apologize.

Reactions: ElZenpai

TwiztidSinX

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2021
View attachment 3609783
...thx for the share....good luck...
..wait is this gonna be ntr or sharing like ur other game?.....just wondering.....
There is currently no ntr in the game whatsoever. Though I have been debating putting a poll for the free members on my patreon if they want me to add an ntr toggle for like ntr dreams. So I won't say it will NEVER have it, though at this current moment it is not there and is not something I currently have any plans of working on.
I mean tbh my only current plans are: Try to release an update to this game monthly, while also trying to release a monthly update to Her Fall. Then when I finish Her Fall, which chapter 9 and 10 will be in 3 separate updates each. So 5 months from now, as I will have chapter 9 part 1 ready and up on patreon sometime tonight. Besides the point. After I am done with that, I want to take a month to just focus up on mastering Ren'Py/Python coding. Then I am going to start learning how to use DAZ and get renders and animations from that. As I want the 3rd game I make to be using DAZ. I was debating on using Honey Select 2 for it, but lets be real thats the exact same engine as Koikatsu so it would be the exact same thing with just lesser quality graphics to DAZ. Though I really need to sort out how to make my own models with DAZ, like I can with the character creator thing in Koikatsu/Honey Select.

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
There is currently no ntr in the game whatsoever. Though I have been debating putting a poll for the free members on my patreon if they want me to add an ntr toggle for like ntr dreams. So I won't say it will NEVER have it, though at this current moment it is not there and is not something I currently have any plans of working on.
I mean tbh my only current plans are: Try to release an update to this game monthly, while also trying to release a monthly update to Her Fall. Then when I finish Her Fall, which chapter 9 and 10 will be in 3 separate updates each. So 5 months from now, as I will have chapter 9 part 1 ready and up on patreon sometime tonight. Besides the point. After I am done with that, I want to take a month to just focus up on mastering Ren'Py/Python coding. Then I am going to start learning how to use DAZ and get renders and animations from that. As I want the 3rd game I make to be using DAZ. I was debating on using Honey Select 2 for it, but lets be real thats the exact same engine as Koikatsu so it would be the exact same thing with just lesser quality graphics to DAZ. Though I really need to sort out how to make my own models with DAZ, like I can with the character creator thing in Koikatsu/Honey Select.
1715034129552.png

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: CoffeeSaint

Salujan

Aug 21, 2018
I'm looking forward to this one. I sure hope i get some content on Roxys mom and Zeniths sis.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Having seen your first game, they will say yes. Which will end any chance of gaining harem fans for this game: as soon as you include NTR, no fan of the harem genre will touch this game.

In any case, when you know for sure if there is going to be NTR or not, tell us. Until then I'll wait. Either NTR is incredibly easy to avoid (by disabling him as soon as you start the game), or the game is not going to interest me. Obviously if NTR can't be avoided, the game isn't going to interest me at all.

OhGodNotAgain

Aug 11, 2023
Why do devs do this? "I don't plan to have that content...but I might...I don't have plans for it now...but I could" How difficult is it to say yes or no? Why are you asking your free supporters about it? I'd be pissed off a bunch of freeloaders decided on content I didn't sign up for if I was a paying supporter.

TwiztidSinX

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2021
Having seen your first game, they will say yes. Which will end any chance of gaining harem fans for this game: as soon as you include NTR, no fan of the harem genre will touch this game.

In any case, when you know for sure if there is going to be NTR or not, tell us. Until then I'll wait. Either NTR is incredibly easy to avoid (by disabling him as soon as you start the game), or the game is not going to interest me. Obviously if NTR can't be avoided, the game isn't going to interest me at all.
If I ever do add it, it will not be for a few months. If I ever do add it I will update the post letting people know. Also if I ever add it I will be making it a toggle in the preferences so that players that don't want it will literally never see it. The main reason why I didn't add it is because it doesn't make sense for the story I am trying to tell. The only way I can see to add it would be having random dreams when the player sleeps. But like I said if I ever do it will be something you have to toggle on. As I would have it off by default.

TwiztidSinX

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2021
Why do devs do this? "I don't plan to have that content...but I might...I don't have plans for it now...but I could" How difficult is it to say yes or no? Why are you asking your free supporters about it? I'd be pissed off a bunch of freeloaders decided on content I didn't sign up for if I was a paying supporter.
I like including all of my supporters in any decision that effects the game they all play. Though I do weigh the paying supporters votes more heavily than the free ones, that doesn't mean I will ever ignore my free supporters. If I were to do that then the free supporters would never even consider upgrading to being a paying supporter. Thats why I do things like releasing my updates 3 days early for free supporters before it goes public on here or itch. Mainly I guess I am trying to build a community. My meaning behind saying I don't have any plans on adding it, was my way of saying unless there is a couple hundred people asking me for it. It isn't going to happen. Because it's something I do not want to do. The main goal for making this a harem based game was to branch out into a different genre. As my first game I intentionally targeted a niche market as it was my first time developing anything and I was very new to it. I did not want it to get too popular as I did not think the quality was there. I wanted to grow and learn as I went. After a year of coding experience I have gotten a lot better. I am in no way great at it, but I am not a beginner anymore, I would say I have upgraded to advanced. Now I am branching to a larger market area to get more opinions. That's also why I already have plans for my 3rd game to be made in DAZ as by the time I make that I figure I will be at or nearly at expert level in coding. Then the area that I will need to grow will be in graphics. Which = DAZ. So any money I am getting from this game is going into buying DAZ models and animation packs. To get ready for the 3rd game.

fabulous007

Dec 30, 2019
I love harems and I enjoy every time there is sharing in games like that, which people like you classify as ntr anyway. I'm really tired of this bullshit rhetoric which never made any sense.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
I love harems and I enjoy every time there is sharing in games like that, which people like you classify as ntr anyway. I'm really tired of this bullshit rhetoric which never made any sense.
I'm literally talking about NTR, which is what Dev has said he could include. I don't like sharing either, but he hasn't said that he could include sharing.

TKdropemoff

Oct 4, 2023
sigh... good luck on whatever u decide.

Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 18-48-04 Untitled design.png

Last edited:

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
If I ever do add it, it will not be for a few months. If I ever do add it I will update the post letting people know. Also if I ever add it I will be making it a toggle in the preferences so that players that don't want it will literally never see it. The main reason why I didn't add it is because it doesn't make sense for the story I am trying to tell. The only way I can see to add it would be having random dreams when the player sleeps. But like I said if I ever do it will be something you have to toggle on. As I would have it off by default.
Ok, if I understand correctly, NTR, if included, will basically be nightmares that the MC has and not things that actually happen, and we can avoid them using a button to turn it on and off. I guess everything is fine then.

TwiztidSinX

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2021
Ok, if I understand correctly, NTR, if included, will basically be nightmares that the MC has and not things that actually happen, and we can avoid them using a button to turn it on and off. I guess everything is fine then.
Yes you are understanding correctly. I have no intention of adding NTR. If enough people ask for it I will consider it. BUT if for some reason it did ever happen, it would only be in his dreams, AND the player would need to choose that option in the game settings. As a normal player just playing through the default game there will NEVER be NTR in this game. So if your someone that is not into that sort of thing you literally have nothing to worry about. Sorry I am trying to replay to everyones comments, but I this page open on my second monitor while I am speed running through writing code for the Her Fall update that is due to be released on patreon today. I am so behind.... So far I have written 4800 lines of code for screens, and am currently writing the code for all the labels to link to said screens and I am 2700 lines of code into that. While only being on the second section out of 3 for 1 of the 3 routes I have to do it for..... This will be a long night. As long as I don't go to sleep it all still counts as today for me right? So it wont be late.....?

Dereck112

Mar 1, 2021

There are fans that like ntr and harem themes in the same game, is okay if you are not one of them but I am.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
There are fans that like ntr and harem themes in the same game, is okay if you are not one of them but I am.
Taking into account that in principle the NTR will be (if it is finally added) dreams and not situations that really occur, and that, in any case, it will be possible to deactivate it with a button, I have no intention of arguing about this. For me all NTR discussion in this thread is over.

May 31, 2021
Wow that is a lot of feedback thank you for that. Now let's try to answer your questions one by one.

1. Mouse cursor issue - Maybe I should change it. I did it because I thought it was funny and fit the theme. Though I would be open to doing a poll to changing it.
2. The Bugged PC - The issue isn't actually with the PC itself it's with the inventory system. I can't seem to get it to close without hiding the entire screen, as in all the arrows to move around. The best way I could find to do it was to hide the inventory then force the player to click anywhere on the screen to reopen the arrows.
3. Clicking the Girls - Those are the hidden locked characters. They are clickable when you unlock them. Also if you click the arrow keys on the other unlocked girls you can cycle through to get to the "Blonde Girls" Ariel and Sara. It then shows a character is currently locked screen.
4. The Filler Areas - Yes I plan on adding interactable characters all around as the game grows, I also want to flesh out the castle and the university and have rooms you can walk into and talk to other people. I simply only added what was absolutely needed as this took me a few months to make as it is. Figured I would release what I had ready so that I could test people reception to it and get some feedback.
5. Aisha - In the canon story Aisha and Norn are Rudys sisters, Aisha likes to try to come on to Rudy and he is constantly forced to tell her no as he is not into incest.
6. Battles (Overall) - I tested it originally with 1/10th the exp it has now, the grind was horrible. You could get the required amount of battles done, but would be far to underleveled for the next set of battles, so I increased it to test stuff easier...and forgot to decrease it.... Same for the time of day and the status bars, those are supposed to decrease. I just got tired of running back to the bedroom every 4 battles so I turned that off and forgot to turn it back on... my bad. As far as the images for battle sprites goes, yea I am not good at making art, so I created those with AI. Though I do plan on eventually hiring someone to redo all the AI art with better artwork that fits better, but as the game is currently not making money I have no way to do that at the moment, though it is coming eventually. Also the thing with being able to 1 shot stuff yea that annoys me as well. I got the script for the battles from renpy cookbook, and tweaked it for what I needed, though the coder for the script has atk stats implemented they are not tied in anyway to the skills damage. Making scaling damage not possible at the moment. It's one of the things I am working on. Everytime I try to code it I keep getting class/object errors which is frustrating.

I think I covered everything? If I missed something I apologize.
Can you make this a traditional harem, where he can have routes with everyone even his fake "family"