Multiplayer role-play sex games

Ataios

Sep 11, 2017
Strangely, that doesn't bother me so much.
If the woman avatar that I'm fucking is actually controlled by a guy, who cares? As long as that other player stays in character, it's fine by me.

Maybe you need to elaborate a bit, because I don't really see the problem.

Especially if you go with the clearly defined scenario's which I proposed before, what will happen is that you are talking to another character who will give a non-scripted response, but must stay in character. I think it would be harder to create a "real" relationship based on this, compared to randomly finding a "kindred spirit" among the millions of WoW players out there.

Especially because I have the feeling that WoW players are generally teen boys who don't get out much. If a nerdy boy who has difficulty finding a meaningful relationship with a girl at his local highschool suddenly finds his "dream girl" in WoW, then I can imagine it'll get messy.

With well-adjusted adults who are either in a relationship or by choice not in one, it's a completely different story.
Although, as with any online interaction, it's probably best to keep it separated from the real world anyway.
(This is about ERP on EU servers. American and Asian servers may have different customs)
First of all, ERP is usually practiced among the actual roleplaying community of any MMORPG, which is only a very small group of people, most of which know each other. Roleplayers are the self-styled artists and intellectuals among MMORPG players, most of which do have above average education and intelligence but often also quite inflated egos. Most are on the upper end of the age pyramid and the majority (estimated 60%) of them is female (players, NOT characters). Therefore chances of accidentally running into some teenage boy are miniscule, but if you don't know the player, you should still ask for the age just to be 100% sure. While you will meet people who lie about many things, most are honest as far as age and gender goes. This is also because of the frequent use of Teamspeak in online gaming. Truth finds it's way.

ERP is not as vulgar as "sexting", most people have elaborate background stories for their characters, that are also relevant for their sex lives and most (but not all) players have enough self control not to let their characters do what they feel would be out of character, even if they themselves would enjoy it. In general people are not naive and have plenty of real life experience to describe what their characters are doing, so the action can get pretty hot. Relationships between the characters develop and in some cases relationships between characters and players blend.

As for the negative effects of ERP, it has much in common with other forms of casual sex, except for unwanted pregnancies and STDs. Emotions can become stronger than intended and often one-sided. In addition to it, there is often a large level on insecurity involved. This is in no way related to the kind of insecurity many young people have in their first relationships. It is rather the question, whether there is a relationship at all and if yes, how binding it is. Much of the problems people face there are related to misunderstandings, but there are also genuinely sadistic, manipulative people who enjoy using seduction as a tool to cause trouble within the communities.

And of course it's cheating and therefore completely inacceptable for people who are already in a relationship.

215303j

(This is about ERP on EU servers. American and Asian servers may have different customs)
Many thanks for this write-up! I learned a lot! (y)

How would you estimate the idea of scenario's where players pick a defined role, vs. the open world of MMORPG?

My estimation would be that sticking to a defined character role reduces the emotions as you say. The cop-player is trying to fuck the shoplifter, not an actual person on the other side of the internet. The shoplifter's avatar is also pre-defined, not an approximation of what the other player finds attactive, lessening the emotional bond between the player and the avatar. Would you agree with this assessment?

I have to say that I have very limited experience in MMORPG myself...

Ataios

Sep 11, 2017
Many thanks for this write-up! I learned a lot! (y)

How would you estimate the idea of scenario's where players pick a defined role, vs. the open world of MMORPG?

My estimation would be that sticking to a defined character role reduces the emotions as you say. The cop-player is trying to fuck the shoplifter, not an actual person on the other side of the internet. The shoplifter's avatar is also pre-defined, not an approximation of what the other player finds attactive, lessening the emotional bond between the player and the avatar. Would you agree with this assessment?

I have to say that I have very limited experience in MMORPG myself...
I think so too, but even more so for a different reason. Of couse no player would feel the same attachment to a predefined character as he has to personally created one. But more importantly casual sex would be far more casual in a game that actually supported it. In MMORPGs players who engage in RP are rare, players who engage in ERP are even rarer and certainly not encouraged by the developers. So in these games, you have to be careful and get tp know people. Just asking random people if they like ERP will get you banned sooner or later. If ERP were a part of the game that would be accepted and even supported by the developers, this would reduce the fear of running into the wrong people.

Reactions: 215303j

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
I have been curious about this but as a tabletop RPG. I found a really good scenario on UponHerLips: