• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Motherhood (Lesbian Only) [Development Thread]

Alboe Interactive

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2020
Wdym large? As if worldly large or chapterly? Because if 2nd, then I personally don't think FD has evolved so much in its short existence.
Wow, I wrote a two paragraph response but "F95 backups" ate it. Anyways...

In short, I need to be cognizant of how large the world of each of my projects may become and be more efficient with my time and resources. Motherhood was ballooning just like Fantasy Dating was, with many visitable locations within the city (I blame playing too much SimCity when I was younger lol). Those locations didn't really affect the story and can be held at MC's large house instead, so they'll be cut. Same deal with a few of the characters, some weren't adding as much as it would take to work on them (ex. setting up their bedroom, outfits, etc). So they'll be cut and have their stuff rolled into other characters. I'm sure most would agree, that when it comes to love interests, quality over quantity is the way to go.

I've accepted that just because I wrote something down, doesn't mean I have to go with it if the ratio of creation time to playtime will become way off. It's relatively easy to write stuff, but much harder to actually build it and I don't want to get crushed under the weight of my high aspirations (again). All in all, with what I've learned over the past year, I'm kind of glad I delayed Motherhood because it will now be a better visual novel in the end.

Alboe Interactive

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2020
Looks like a new project took focus? This game still under dev?
I'm about to release an updated demo for . I'm holding off on developing Motherhood until chapter one of that project is complete. I'm trying my best to get a demo out for Motherhood this year as well, but I've undergone a lot of changes in my personal life that place limits on my available time and money to spend on these projects. My original plan was for Ménage à Moi to serve as a testbed for Motherhood. It was purposefully designed for me to learn how to manage multiple characters in a scene (memory limits), new lighting techniques, heavy customization of environments, and more. It's succeding in that goal, I'm just slower than I used to be.

Not to delve too deep into my personal life but I'm intentionally taking meds for my bipolar that are supposed to slow me down. So no more 40+ hour work weeks, waking up in the middle of the night to write or hop in Daz, or 10+ hour work days. Motherhood is still coming, it's just going to take longer than I hoped to release something for players to play.

Bigchungustyle1991

Jan 16, 2023
Finally, The chosen one is among us. Please includes lots of scissoring scenes, incestuous scisorring scenes and strapon scenes in the mix with everything else you got planned. Good Luck and God speed. Once you kick off ama donate on patreon like mad. make sure to have an incest patch or sum ingame coz us freaks like that. cheers

Reactions: Alboe Interactive