• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Motherhood (Lesbian Only) [Development Thread]

Dec 7, 2020
I just discovered this game. Loving in particular that dominatrix outfit.

Do you know when it will be ready for release? Reading the topic I see that you aimed for a public release on 30th October, but I guess it's been delayed.

Alboe Interactive

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2020
I just discovered this game. Loving in particular that dominatrix outfit.

Do you know when it will be ready for release? Reading the topic I see that you aimed for a public release on 30th October, but I guess it's been delayed.
I addressed the release date in . My personal life issues are an ongoing source of interruption and delays. This is exactly why I'm trying to avoid release dates, and only giving estimates. It's like building a house. Sometimes there is bad weather and construction has to halt temporarily.

-

The rest of this post is addressed more generally to everyone else reading and wants to know what's going on.

Right now I'm playing it by ear. Motherhood is testing my abilities and PC to the limit. I've come a long way and I'm still learning and growing as an artist/developer/codemonkey. I explained some of this in previous Behind The Scenes posts (especially ). They are exclusive to supporters, but I will share a few images that should explain the level of effort I'm putting into Motherhood's intro.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And that's just an example of one heavily modified set. There will be more.

I've also been customizing clothes and hair:

Shaved side conversion hair test.JPG

Shorter hair test.JPG

These are test shots of Victoria 8 with the incredibly common Voss Hair. While I'm not using either of these exact hairstyles for any characters, it is an example of what I learned can be done in Daz without making my own hair from scratch.

Oh, and I fixed up some of the character models and skins:

Gina Sub Profile_angle1.png

The Wife now actually looks like MC's wife and not some 20 year-old pretending to be 40.

As you can see, a lot of this work is stuff in the background. I'm doing some serious cherry picking with the above pics because a lot of what I have isn't promo pic worthy. I've only recently gotten to the point of actual scene production. Meaning characters in a scene that you see ingame. And, yet again, I have another hurdle to overcome as I'm currently figuring out how to fit multiple characters in a scene without maxing out my RTX 2070's memory.

Why spend all this time and effort? Hopefully, prospective players will see the promo images on the release page and say "Another Daz game... wait this looks different. I'm going to check this out." And, again I hope, my emphasis on uniqueness and quality leads to a lot of interest in and people playing Motherhood. I don't know if this gamble will pay off, but it won't be from lack of trying.

I'm well aware it has been almost a year since I announced Motherhood. I'll reiterate what I stated in the top linked post "I really do appreciate everyone's patience and understanding as I know a longer wait isn't anyone's preference."

Last edited:

Gamesstar

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2019
I addressed the release date in . My personal life issues are an ongoing source of interruption and delays. This is exactly why I'm trying to avoid release dates, and only giving estimates. It's like building a house. Sometimes there is bad weather and construction has to halt temporarily.

-

The rest of this post is addressed more generally to everyone else reading and wants to know what's going on.

Right now I'm playing it by ear. Motherhood is testing my abilities and PC to the limit. I've come a long way and I'm still learning and growing as an artist/developer/codemonkey. I explained some of this in previous Behind The Scenes posts (especially ). They are exclusive to supporters, but I will share a few images that should explain the level of effort I'm putting into Motherhood's intro.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And that's just an example of one heavily modified set. There will be more.

I've also been customizing clothes and hair:

View attachment 1491809

View attachment 1491813

These are test shots of Victoria 8 with the incredibly common Voss Hair. While I'm not using either of these exact hairstyles for any characters, it is an example of what I learned can be done in Daz without making my own hair from scratch.

Oh, and I fixed up some of the character models and skins:

View attachment 1491810

The Wife now actually looks like MC's wife and not some 20 year-old pretending to be 40.

As you can see, a lot of this work is stuff in the background. I'm doing some serious cherry picking with the above pics because a lot of what I have isn't promo pic worthy. I've only recently gotten to the point of actual scene production. Meaning characters in a scene that you see ingame. And, yet again, I have another hurdle to overcome as I'm currently figuring out how to fit multiple characters in a scene without maxing out my RTX 2070's memory.

Why spend all this time and effort? Hopefully, prospective players will see the promo images on the release page and say "Another Daz game... wait this looks different. I'm going to check this out." And, again I hope, my emphasis on uniqueness and quality leads to a lot of interest in and people playing Motherhood. I don't know if this gamble will pay off, but it won't be from lack of trying.

I'm well aware it has been almost a year since I announced Motherhood. I'll reiterate what I stated in the top linked post "I really do appreciate everyone's patience and understanding as I know a longer wait isn't anyone's preference."
The last pic is sexy :love:

Reactions: Alboe Interactive

Gamesstar

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2019
Little help, Do you know how to delete a thread? I am trying to delete a thread that I am created, but I don't know how.

afterlights

Jan 31, 2020
Little help, Do you know how to delete a thread? I am trying to delete a thread that I am created, but I don't know how.
Any forum I frequent using Xenforo (like F95) have users use the "Report" link on the bottom of the OP. You can then give more detail, like the reason for deletion.

Reactions: Gamesstar

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
Aghh, dang it. Definitely not what I wanted to see when this thread showed up near the top of the watch list.
I really hope things get better for you eventually. It would be awesome if you can find a way to get back into development since you have a couple of really cool concepts here but obviously focus on your health for its own sake first.

Alboe Interactive

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2020
Aghh, dang it. Definitely not what I wanted to see when this thread showed up near the top of the watch list.
I really hope things get better for you eventually. It would be awesome if you can find a way to get back into development since you have a couple of really cool concepts here but obviously focus on your health for its own sake first.
Appreciated. Like I said in the post, I'm going to try and make an overview post explaining the current status of Motherhood. All the setup for the intro is practically done. Week 1 characters and sets were mostly finished. Unfortunately, my brain fumbled just outside the endzone before I could get a demo out :confused:. I want to resume development, but I honestly don't know if that is possible at this time.

Anyways, in the meantime, I'm going to be creating some just for fun renders. Something like this:

Roof Night Concept_std2.png

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: EveKeller
Dec 7, 2020
It's a shame that you have to stop development, either temporarily or permanently, but your health comes first. Hopefully with time you will regain motivation and can get back to it, because the project looks really good. But do it only if you really want to, don't force yourself.

Reactions: Alboe Interactive

Alboe Interactive

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2020
I wanted to post this last week but trying to do anything on F95 during the ongoing connection issues was a massive pain in the ass.

Anyways, below is a copy of :

Status of Motherhood

As I mentioned in my post, I'm going to lay out what state I'm leaving Motherhood in for when I get back to it. All percentages are estimates.

Characters (includes shaping, hair, and genitalia):
  • MC family - 100%. They are all setup with appropriate alternate untied hair sets for MC and Morgana.
  • BF Family - 90%. I still need to make some minor design choices when it comes to one of the daughters. BF Husband doesn't have a genitalia set, but that's not relevant yet. Lastly, I need to assign default names based on the (Flower/Plants based names won).
  • Raven Family - 85%. Customizing their hairstyles is all that remains.
  • Blonde Family - 95%. Just need to fine tune some settings on the Older Sister's skin as the original was too glossy.
Sets (includes lighting, prop placement, and grouping rooms/areas):
  • MC Home - 75%. Due to how the house model was created by its vendor, I'll have to make separate versions for the interior and exterior as some wall share surfaces. For example, brick textures would appear on thin strips of interior walls because they were originally designed to use the same texture.
  • MC Basement - 95%. Pretty sure this one is done. But given some newer techniques I learned, I could refine it a tiny bit more.
  • BF House - 90%. Need to rearrange some props and rooms into more logical groupings. I kept the original textures so this should go much faster than MC's house.
  • Plane - 90%. Given the small space to work with, I might need to refine the lighting some more. If not, then it's done.
  • Park - 100%. I haven't shown this, but it's a relatively uncomplicated set. It's also a well-known Daz environment, but I did customize it to stand out from the pack.
  • Restaurant/Bar - 25%. Another one I haven't made a render for because it's not ready. I might not even show this set in Week 1, so low priority.
Obviously, this list is leaving a lot of characters out compared to . They're still coming, but not for Week 1 as it is already crowded with plot and character development.

When I return to developing Motherhood, I intend to put out a demo featuring just the intro. It will be my test bed for creating and displaying 2D overlay images. This demo will be available to supporter's first to find errors and garner feedback before going public.

-

I also mentioned in the top linked post I would be doing some just for fun renders. All supporters can see these renders a week early. And, because all recurring payments are stopped, this perk is 100% free for existing supporters as a big thank you for sticking with me.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Before I stopped development I had just finished a design for new character to be the wife of Vanko (the captain you can see earlier in this thread). Meet Denise.

She is my concept for a realistic MILF character. While only being a few years older than the MC, Denise very much fulfills the motherly role... if you catch my drift :sneaky:.

Alright, that's it for now. Hopefully, you all enjoyed the pretty pics in here. I'll drop a post in this thread whenever I get things back on track. Later!

Alboe Interactive

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2020
I hope all is going well with you!

I've just discovered this game/development and I'm very interested in it's idea.
Thanks for the kind words. For this year I'm focusing on two projects. The first is Ménage à Moi which I released an early alpha test to my supporters in the last week. Once the first chapter for it is complete I want to get back into Motherhood's development. I've already made some decisions to avoid making Motherhood's scope too large as I did for my other game, Fantasy Dating. However, it will still be a lesbian visual novel and most of the characters shown here will remain.

Edit: I just updated my supporter goal, if I reach $1,000 per month then I will add an optional alternate futanari storyline with accompanying scenes to Motherhood.

Last edited:

Kind Nightmares

Instinct Unleashed developer
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2019
I've already made some decisions to avoid making Motherhood's scope too large as I did for my other game, Fantasy Dating.
Wdym large? As if worldly large or chapterly? Because if 2nd, then I personally don't think FD has evolved so much in its short existence.