3.60 star(s) 25 Votes

Gogotaro

Aug 7, 2017
Check Older versions at the first page.
I don't understand, i came from the same svscomics link and i see a bunch of "builds":

*Monster Girl Island - Secret Build
*Monster Girl Island - Eris
*Monster Girl Island - v2 of Shuri
*Monster Girl Island - Mako 2
*Monster Girl Island - Demo 1
*Monster Girl Island - Demo 1 Day 1
*Monster Girl Island - Demo 2 Day 2
*MGI Patreon Showcase Build - Ara
*MGI Patreon Showcase Build - Mako
*MGI Patreon Showcase Build - Twins
*MGI Patreon Showcase Build - Adeline

Are those included in day 3 build?, i checked the first page and the "older versions" are only 2 mega links...

VermillioN

May 4, 2017
I don't understand, i came from the same svscomics link and i see a bunch of "builds":

*Monster Girl Island - Secret Build
*Monster Girl Island - Eris
*Monster Girl Island - v2 of Shuri
*Monster Girl Island - Mako 2
*Monster Girl Island - Demo 1
*Monster Girl Island - Demo 1 Day 1
*Monster Girl Island - Demo 2 Day 2
*MGI Patreon Showcase Build - Ara
*MGI Patreon Showcase Build - Mako
*MGI Patreon Showcase Build - Twins
*MGI Patreon Showcase Build - Adeline

Are those included in day 3 build?, i checked the first page and the "older versions" are only 2 mega links...
day 3 build its only day 3, Redamz has not put it all together in one game you have to play separately.

Gogotaro

Aug 7, 2017
day 3 build its only day 3, Redamz has not put it all together in one game you have to play separately.
Ah... ok, mmm stilldoesn't seem to be all the content in those mega links at the first page.

Also, how do you get the titfuck scene with the shark girl?

sloppy gonzo

Jan 4, 2018
redamz to the patrons: :p:p:p

Lol. Just a thought. I know people have their views about devs on patreon site. But has any devs admitted to not using all the money they're given the projects they want support for?

ISven

May 19, 2017
Lol. Just a thought. I know people have their views about devs on patreon site. But has any devs admitted to not using all the money they're given the projects they want support for?
Normally yes, but who will really check it?

They can do whatever they want in the end.

it's sad to think that some have this kind of thief.

sloppy gonzo

Jan 4, 2018
Normally yes, but who will really check it?

They can do whatever they want in the end.

it's sad to think that some have this kind of thief.
That's the thing. As you say, we have to believe what they tell us. Imo it's not a good way to support a game because customers are not getting a professional service as I see it or any money back guarantee if it doesn't meet their standard. It can become an empty well of promises. I'd rather go into a shop to buy something I know I can return it if I'm not happy or there is a problem with it. Similarly steam can return your money if you're not happy with a game within 24 hours.

I just feel that Patreon is not always what it's cracked up to be.

ISven

May 19, 2017
That's the thing. As you say, we have to believe what they tell us. Imo it's not a good way to support a game because customers are not getting a professional service as I see it or any money back guarantee if it doesn't meet their standard. It can become an empty well of promises. I'd rather go into a shop to buy something I know I can return it if I'm not happy or there is a problem with it. Similarly steam can return your money if you're not happy with a game within 24 hours.

I just feel that Patreon is not always what it's cracked up to be.
We agree, patreon should review his rules about this kind of "developer"

Egglock

Oct 17, 2017
Before I go into a long rant I would like to clarify some stuff.

Are you guys angry at the fact that he's making a lot of money? Not delivering? or both? Or that Patreon isn't doing something about it?

sloppy gonzo

Jan 4, 2018
Before I go into a long rant I would like to clarify some stuff.

Are you guys angry at the fact that he's making a lot of money? Not delivering? or both? Or that Patreon isn't doing something about it?
Patreon need to change the rules. If you're not happy with a patreon, surely there needs to be a decent refund process inside a trial period at least. Making money is fine, but you need to show results for what they pay. If you're not happy with the current results, money back imo.

Egglock

Oct 17, 2017
Patreon need to change the rules.
I don't see why Patreon needs to change the rules. Patreon isn't a distributing platform. As taken right from their TOS

"Patreon is a platform where patrons can support and engage with creators."
"Patreon is a platform. We are not responsible for the quality, timing or legality of content or rewards."

Support
not buy. You're not buying anything, you are supporting the content creator, in lack of better words, you appreciate the content creators work and would like to help them make a living. This isn't to say that there aren't those out there who abuse the system. If so, why do patrons continue to support them? I don't know and could care less, it's their money they do what they want with it.

If you're not happy with a patreon, surely there needs to be a decent refund process inside a trial period at least.
There's plenty of information on the page to tell you if the content creator is legit or not. For example. Redamz clearly states right on the page

What is Monster Girl Island?
It's a 3D 'game' with monster girls, lewd and barely any gameplay.

Why do I have to give you money?
Up to you. There's some rewards I guess.

It can't get any clearer than this. The fact that people don't bother to read and pay attention to the content creators page isn't Patreons fault. If a content creators Patreon page looks sketchy why bother supporting them? There's enough information on their Patreon page to let anyone know if they should or shouldn't support them. It's not rocket science to determine if said content creator is legit or isn't.

ISven

May 19, 2017
I don't see why Patreon needs to change the rules. Patreon isn't a distributing platform. As taken right from their TOS

"Patreon is a platform where patrons can support and engage with creators."
"Patreon is a platform. We are not responsible for the quality, timing or legality of content or rewards."

Support
not buy. You're not buying anything, you are supporting the content creator, in lack of better words, you appreciate the content creators work and would like to help them make a living. This isn't to say that there aren't those out there who abuse the system. If so, why do patrons continue to support them? I don't know and could care less, it's their money they do what they want with it.

There's plenty of information on the page to tell you if the content creator is legit or not. For example. Redamz clearly states right on the page

What is Monster Girl Island?
It's a 3D 'game' with monster girls, lewd and barely any gameplay.

Up to you. There's some rewards I guess.

It can't get any clearer than this. The fact that people don't bother to read and pay attention to the content creators page isn't Patreons fault. If a content creators Patreon page looks sketchy why bother supporting them? There's enough information on their Patreon page to let anyone know if they should or shouldn't support them. It's not rocket science to determine if said content creator is legit or isn't.

It can be much clearer.

By adding:

I need money for my exuberant way of life, but I make you believe that it is to develop a game. While I work on it only one week in the year.

it's very clear. And that justifies the rhythm of the updates and the content of the game

Reactions: selectivepaperclip

sloppy gonzo

Jan 4, 2018
It can be much clearer.

By adding:

I need money for my exuberant way of life, but I make you believe that it is to develop a game. While I work on it only one week in the year.

it's very clear. And that justifies the rhythm of the updates and the content of the game
In other words if you live off Patreon money or it pays a lot of your bills and you don't hire people to help you code games or in other projects, then people will know where their money is going. Or can decide to give money to other Patreons who release more work and give more to their patreons.

Egglock

Oct 17, 2017
By adding:

What does this have anything to do with the content creators Patreon page. That's just you being nit-picking about things. All the information is laid out on their page to let any patron know if they should or shouldn't support content creators. It takes no more than 2 minutes to go over their page to determine if said content creator is legit or isn't. It's not that hard. If patrons proceeds to support the content creator so be it, it's their money.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not defending this content creator. All I'm saying is, we are adults and hopefully mature enough to make thoughtful decision and judgement when it comes to supporting content creators. If a content creator looks sketchy don't support them, it's that easy. No one is being force to support anyone on Patreon, we all do it out of our free will, and because we want to help the content creator.

Reactions: Darx95 and madmax20

ISven

May 19, 2017
What does this have anything to do with the content creators Patreon page. That's just you being nit-picking about things. All the information is laid out on their page to let any patron know if they should or shouldn't support content creators. It takes no more than 2 minutes to go over their page to determine if said content creator is legit or isn't. It's not that hard. If patrons proceeds to support the content creator so be it, it's their money.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not defending this content creator. All I'm saying is, we are adults and hopefully mature enough to make thoughtful decision and judgement when it comes to supporting content creators. If a content creator looks sketchy don't support them, it's that easy. No one is being force to support anyone on Patreon, we all do it out of our free will, and because we want to help the content creator.
What I mean is that with all the money he earns each month, he is not able to get a proper follow-up of his game or engage the world to speed up the movement.

While other Partreon with less means and/or alone, are able to publish demo more often and more complete, than what Redamz publishes in a year.

For me he only enjoys the agent of his patrons.

This game is a chimera.

From time to time it creates a demo and publishes it just to make believe that the devellopement of the game advances, just to preserve the hope at certain of a possible exit of the complete version of the game.

What I write may not please everyone.

But this is the most plausible scenario about this game and this "creator".

Fortunately they are not all like him

3.60 star(s) 25 Votes