• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RPGM - Monster Girl Invasion RPG [v0.4f] [MGGEDev]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Indeed@456

Very similar to MGQ Paradox. The gameplay is fun and art is really good. The only complaints that I have are that there isn't that much variety in the h-scenes and recruiting the monster girls is based on RNG, so it would take a while to recruit every single one if you're unlucky.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

LEWDpyon

MGI is a really unfortunate game like I really want to like the game it is clear that it want to be a western take on MGQ Paradox but...

When I first picked up the game sometime back I dropped it and never understood why. Then I picked it up the other day and the first cave was what reminded me why I dropped it.

Goodness to say that the game feels cheap. not in the "Budget cuts" kind of way more in the game throws annoyances that slowly begin to add up. Like the first cave where you run into fox girls who can lower your accuracy alongside bat girls who can straight up stunlock you into a quick death. Like this alone paints a bad omen for the rest of the game as enemies can also get that bad. Then there's party members a lot of them require repeated battles to get them which is fine but then there's ones who require stipulations all for members that may or may not be good. Shoutouts to the Doppleganger girl who charges 2000g from you initially, brings you into a semi-tough fight, then charges another 2000g to recruit her. I was lucky that the Bee girls from the previous dungeon did not want to be cured so I had to grind on Easy mode until I was able to cure enough otherwise I would straight up be broke compared to the close to broke I currently am. Even then the Dopplegirl only knows one attack which leads to another issue with the party members. They're just not enough.

Like there's a lot of party members that the game showers you in but their movepools are often extremely shallow and takes too long to get into their roles. or their levels are not adequate for the challenges ahead. shoutout to the lvl10 dryad obtained in a forest with lvl 17 wolves. Or Millenia who you obtain before going into an area where on normal enemies are fucking IMMUNE to her fire attacks making her useless especially since you get her at lvl 8 while enemies are starting to go around lvl 15. again shoutout to my Bee girl grind session that basically overleveled me. Outside of that, It is often a gamble whether or not a new party member is worth investing into due to their very limited/unknown learnsets. Again Millania is a good example since she starts off with fire attacks, a sleep move, and a drain attack with diminishing returns. It's bullshit.

Another gripe I have is with the game's pocket castle counterpart. Which tries to balance it despite MGQ already having it balanced by it not immedeately being useful since you both need to recruit the right girls but you also have to participate in a game long quest chain to keep it from falling off in usefulness. So in this counterpart you now have to pay for hotel heals alongside party affection being unable to grow from battling so now it's even more apparent that these party members are hscene dispensers that you have to throw their preferred currency to get their one scene and then fuck off with them. The companions don't give items at affection thresholds and all require 100 affection whether or not it makes sense for them to have that high of one.

Then you have the story which feels like it's going through the motions as different things just happen like for example to cross the border you need to go to this guy who will make a counterfeit passport if you find some rare artefact from the graveyard pass the mountains. Once there you run into Millenia whose trying to open the barrier tells you "it's no use" fucks off and when you exit the graveyard you get arrested by the nearby kingdom for being a sympathizer. The nun in your party who totally isnt the mysterious succubus breaks you out and cuddles with you in bed before vanishing with the nun returning and out of nowhere gives you a blowjob as. once you go back to the grave and interract with the door millenia comes back, gets pissed fights you and once you win she shoves you through the window which isn't blocked by a magical barrier like the main door and then just lampshades it. Like I get the window thing was a joke but this feels like most of the game is like this

This game again I want to like it but It's extremely annoying to play and unrewarding to boot.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

MarkMonsterCook

I like the game, the scenes with monster girls as well as the battles with them, the art was great, I hope you continue with more updates and I wish there were more scenes with tentacles and footwork hehe.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Kiokami

I think that's a really good Monster Girl Quest- Paradox-like but with some few new ideas. A good story, good artworks, good dials. The only thing that made me put only 4 stars is the fact there is no foot content (except a little footjob).
  5. 3.00 star(s)

QuestionTime

Current version being reviewed is version 0.3. Yeah if I compare this to the game that inspired it unfortunately this game is only 3/5 at the moment for me.

The story is meh
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    there's also pretty much just to be one or two plot points happening at a time whereas in other games you'd have other characters doing their own thing at the same time as you making you feel like part of something bigger. The side quests just seem to be "find a specific item(s)" with a vague description of what the girl wants. It'd be nice to have side quests with more substance in the future whether that being story or otherwise. I'd say the hybrid girl stuff is a step in the right direction as you explore an abandoned facility and read some notes to see what went down and then you find the hybrid girls to fight and recruit.

The gameplay is pretty much just generic rpgmaker stuff which is a big letdown compared to how fun and customisable Paradox is in comparison. Speaking of which some characters barely seem to have any moves. The doppelganger seems to have exactly 1 skill and doesn't seem to gain any even after leveling her up like 10ish levels. The game would have benefited from the job/race system in Paradox to spice up encounters and give more customisability and purpose for each girl in combat. I can enjoy the game even if the combat isn't really worth taking seriously though so it's not really a big priority to me in the grand scheme of things. The devs might also update the skills for monster girls at a later date aswell.

The biggest letdown for me personally is the girls as they mostly seem to fall into the category of what I'd consider to be "cosplayers" or "very basic". They're mostly human shaped and human sized, no small or massive ones outside of the sandworm who just turns out to have a regular woman for a tongue with a few monster appendages like wings, ears or tails and the like. The mimic is just a whole woman in a box with tentacles she can control. At the time of posting you're not going to find very many "monsterous" monster girls either. No undead with zombie like skin or girls that have more monsterous parts than human. It mostly seems a little basic for my tastes. I feel like most monster girls in this game are 80% humanoid or contain and entire human woman within their design. I hope they add more monsterous monster girls like centaurs types with unconventional bottom halves (top half woman bottom half monster) or regular monsterous monster girls but as it stands it seems to be appealing to more vanilla tastes so I guess if you're into that this is pretty good for you but for me the benefit of monster girls is the variety of body types and such and this game seems to be a little lacking in that regard as it stands. With that being said this game is still in development so perhaps the more monsterous girls will come later on after they'ved eased regular players into it but personally I'm not too hopeful that this will change especially with this game being on steam and patreon which is possibly limiting the sorts of stuff they could have.

The art is also pretty nice. Each girl seems to only have 1 scene each with slight variations based on whether it's a loss scene or a relationship scene. This is fine as they're on a budget so it's best spread between multiple girls but I hope they maybe consider adding extra scenes for main characters. I'm also a fan of X-Ray shots so seeing more of those would probably be nice. One negative thing is that the cum shots seem to be incredibly thin for some reason like the MC is shooting rain droplets out of his cock. Maybe they tried to go for realism or something but I think it looks a little odd in a NSFW game but maybe that's just me. It'd also be nice to have sex sfx during scenes. They seem to have a few here and there but the sound mixing seems to be poor causing the BGM to drown out the entire sound even when it's set to 10 and the sound effects are set to like 70. That being said I'm sure he'll fix that in the future.

There's a few bugs and things that need changing here and there but I'm almost 100% confident things will get fixed or added. To name a few: The cum sfx is just the default rpgmaker poison sound effect which is distracting and not very good. There's no real gallery of sorts. You can go to the tavern and increase your relationship with a monster girl to 100 to get a non-lethal variant of a monster girl scene with slight variations but you can't get scenes like the lilla night sex scene because it happens outside of a fight. You also can't get the defeat scenes from unique recruitable side quest girls unless they reappear later on as a random encounter but the dev will probably add locations for these girls at some point.

Personally I see this game as a more vanilla and "safe" take on the monster girl genre. Perhaps I'm just corrupted lol. I'll keep an eye on this though because if they fix a few things and add more monsterous girls to the ranks then I'd definitely bump it up to a 4/5.