Unity - Completed - Monster Black Market [v2.0.16.0 DLC] [Team-Apple Pie]

1. 4.00 star(s)

ScionOfGoldenFlame

As of this initial Version 1.0 release, there is no gallery mode, which is more then a tad inconvenient given the sheer number of variants, both major and minor, between girls and monsters both.

Also, one of the four main story NPCs has their progression bugged, as it involves crafting a number of items. But those items are auto-used as soon as they are crafted, and fail to increment the affection counter, and thus they cannot be sexed.

Story is nonexistent beyond the premise of running a monster breeding ranch/brothel.

Gameplay is solid. I'm not personally a fan of management-type games but this one is pretty good. Purly as a video game, the gameplay loop is pretty satisfying to get down. It peaks in the mid-game, but falls off a bit in the late game due to a rather paradoxical mix of too much automization and too much micromanagement, especially with the brothel half, which constantly needs to be restocked with condoms if you don't want all your girls to die of STDs. Its just about the only thing that can't be automized and the only thing that really, really should be. Also, there is a genetics system to optimize profits, and its really, really cool. And also completely unnecessary to be successful.

The sex is all remarkably good. Its almost wasted, really. It wasn't until I beat the game and took a bit of a closer look at things which revealed that the individual character art is bafflingly high quality. All the more a shame that there is no gallery mode, since the game is so fast-paced from start to finish, you'll never have real time to appreciate all the fucking going on without losing out on some gameplay efficiency. There are 5 monsters, each with a minor variant that has a small effect on sex scenes, and there are 6 girl types, with a mature and loli appearance, varients for every girl type for being high or low stamina, as well as a collection of varients to be seen in the brothel. The dev's own description of the game claims it has over 50 scenes, but by my own count, it has nearly twice that many. I just wish they could be properly appreciated.

In conclusion, game is good. I'd say its absolutely worth playing through, it takes about 3-4 hours to complete. I just wish its sexy bits could be more properly appreciated.