• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Comics Collection Monaim collection [2023-03-14] [Monaim]

Regenerative

Nov 3, 2022
Thanks.. Seriously, DFO female characters really underrated. There's not much about their fanarts (at least the good one). Glad i found this artist. And for the plus side, i really like fiddling with Monaim PSD. Usually i never save PSD file. This artist exception.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheVanillaFlavour

Regenerative

Nov 3, 2022
Anyone know how to make dialogue box like Monaim works? My knowledge in photoshop, is basic, maybe lower. I want to try add some missing dialogue on Monaim PSD.

Seiko1985

Nov 2, 2022
Anyone know how to make dialogue box like Monaim works? My knowledge in photoshop, is basic, maybe lower. I want to try add some missing dialogue on Monaim PSD.
Simplest way is too use the existing dialogue box and scale it with the translated text.

If you want to create a new dialogue box all together, use a white brush and draw it (try to mimic Monaim's shape if you don't know how to draw, do this on multiple layer and then merge them. You can use existing shape in Photoshop like Rectangle or Ellipse in the toolbar and combine with the brush). Next is too lower the opacity and add a stroke border (lookup tutorial for this if you don't know how to, should be easy)

Monaim use YDIYGO330 font for Korean, you can use that if you want to keep the "original" feel but in English.

For the text's typography, the only way to learn this is through experience, you can copy the style of existing hentai artists that you like.

Monaim always separates his textbox all together into a group layer in the beginning of the layers panel in the files.

Reactions: Regenerative

Regenerative

Nov 3, 2022
Simplest way is too use the existing dialogue box and scale it with the translated text.

If you want to create a new dialogue box all together, use a white brush and draw it (try to mimic Monaim's shape if you don't know how to draw, do this on multiple layer and then merge them. You can use existing shape in Photoshop like Rectangle or Ellipse in the toolbar and combine with the brush). Next is too lower the opacity and add a stroke border (lookup tutorial for this if you don't know how to, should be easy)

Monaim use YDIYGO330 font for Korean, you can use that if you want to keep the "original" feel but in English.

For the text's typography, the only way to learn this is through experience, you can copy the style of existing hentai artists that you like.

Monaim always separates his textbox all together into a group layer in the beginning of the layers panel in the files.
Thanks for the explanations, the advise really help. About the font, when i try to edit it, i think the font not exist in my photoshop. Perhaps i must download it? (i think the actual font name is YDIYGO330 )
Also it would be easier if i can expand the size of pre-existing dialogue box. The thing is, only can reduce it by erasing it.
I actually never thought of creating a new dialogue, only adding some which didn't exist on PSD file (for example is Irine page 1 and 2). I think Monaim accidentaly delete it or something. So i add it myself according to already exist png.

Last edited:

Seiko1985

Nov 2, 2022
Thanks for the explanationm, your advise really help. About the font, when i try to edit it, i think the font not exist in my photoshop. Perhaps i must download it?
Also it would be easier if i can expand the size of pre-existing dialogue box. The thing is, only can reduce it by erasing it.
I actually never thought of creating a new dialogue, only adding some which didn't exist on PSD file (for example is Irine page 1 and 2). I think Monaim accidentaly delete it or something. So i add it myself according to already exist png. Of course i try to translate it first. i don't want to make my own canon event XD. Original dialogue already great and that the one which cannon.
Yes you must download it, should be a Google search away.

You can scale the dialogue box with Ctrl + T. If you want to only scale a specific part of the box, select it using the selection tool (such as Marquee or Lasso Tool), and then Ctrl + T.

Reactions: Regenerative

Seiko1985

Nov 2, 2022
This isn't on his Patreon.
Seems like a remix of one of his recent works with (seems like) older works of his (the hair strokes and eyes are different). The body is from the February set with some modifications.
From a quick reverse image search this seems like someone else try to imitate his style; someone else edited his works or it's his work but not available publicly to Patrons, idk which one tbh.

Regenerative

Nov 3, 2022
This isn't on his Patreon.
Seems like a remix of one of his recent works with (seems like) older works of his (the hair strokes and eyes are different). The body is from the February set with some modifications.
From a quick reverse image search this seems like someone else try to imitate his style; someone else edited his works or it's his work but not available publicly to Patrons, idk which one tbh.
That's what first i thought... Seem that not Monaim art, more like Janggun mix with monaim imo...