Fan Art Milfy City: Fan-Art & Assets Thread

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

xgkuajjJ2D0Q

Jun 15, 2017
So I'm like really new at this whole Daz thing and any type of artistic work, but my huge crush on Caroline sparked my curiosity in this forum and I figured I'd give a shot. I've read this forum so many times gathering necessary packages to start rendering things. I did notice that no one shares any daz3d character model files or anything. Is it simply because of the amount of work each artist puts into it that no one shares? I respect that, and it's good that there's a guidance with what skin or base template to use. So I figured that's what I will have to do, but it won't be easy as there's so many sliders in the shaping parameters.
I haven't really watched any tutorials or guides, but I wanted advice on many things.

1) Is there any easy to way to notice lighting and shadows before rendering, Switching through all wire diagrams and texture shaders didn't help as I had hoped?
2) Is there some sort of toggle or easy way to put character on chair for example without having their hips going through it or hand going through their thigh in a pose? Like a limit function. I was trying Align but the whole UI is still not navigation friendly for me. I'm used to photoshop or many other apps where navigating with mouse and holding down buttons is my preferred way, anyone have tips on that? Rotating while fixed on a character or object is probably the keyboard / mouse combo I'm looking for.
3) I loaded up Caroline's room but couldn't figure out how to enable the mirror vanity lights and ceiling lights, along with the mirror reflectivity. The toggles said lights were on, but I saw nothing.
4) I know everyone's had their frustration with it, but I still haven't seen a clear solution on adjusting Caroline's hair ponytail in the back. Anyone care to add to what the others have already said.
I still haven't matched up Caroline's body dimensions and her boobs are bigger here but here's one of my first renders I've been able to do with 3Delight (I'm curious how much easier nvidia and iray makes everything). I turned buckets down to 10 and decreased quality a bit so it would be quicker until I get used to it.
5) what type of lighting do you guys usually use, are there a lot, are they far and less intense?
Obviously I have lots to learn, but all critique is welcomed.

Karabinek

Game Developer
Dec 18, 2018
So I'm like really new at this whole Daz thing and any type of artistic work, but my huge crush on Caroline sparked my curiosity in this forum and I figured I'd give a shot. I've read this forum so many times gathering necessary packages to start rendering things. I did notice that no one shares any daz3d character model files or anything. Is it simply because of the amount of work each artist puts into it that no one shares? I respect that, and it's good that there's a guidance with what skin or base template to use. So I figured that's what I will have to do, but it won't be easy as there's so many sliders in the shaping parameters.
I haven't really watched any tutorials or guides, but I wanted advice on many things.

1) Is there any easy to way to notice lighting and shadows before rendering, Switching through all wire diagrams and texture shaders didn't help as I had hoped?
2) Is there some sort of toggle or easy way to put character on chair for example without having their hips going through it or hand going through their thigh in a pose? Like a limit function. I was trying Align but the whole UI is still not navigation friendly for me. I'm used to photoshop or many other apps where navigating with mouse and holding down buttons is my preferred way, anyone have tips on that? Rotating while fixed on a character or object is probably the keyboard / mouse combo I'm looking for.
3) I loaded up Caroline's room but couldn't figure out how to enable the mirror vanity lights and ceiling lights, along with the mirror reflectivity. The toggles said lights were on, but I saw nothing.
4) I know everyone's had their frustration with it, but I still haven't seen a clear solution on adjusting Caroline's hair ponytail in the back. Anyone care to add to what the others have already said.
I still haven't matched up Caroline's body dimensions and her boobs are bigger here but here's one of my first renders I've been able to do with 3Delight (I'm curious how much easier nvidia and iray makes everything). I turned buckets down to 10 and decreased quality a bit so it would be quicker until I get used to it.
5) what type of lighting do you guys usually use, are there a lot, are they far and less intense?
Obviously I have lots to learn, but all critique is welcomed.
I cant really answer all you questions but matching assets together can be tricky. It mostly depends on for which generation of models it was made. If its the same genesis then its not a problem with match hair with head etc. Problem is when you have assets for 2 different genesis. Then you have to manually (using sliders XYZ and rotations sliders to set wanted item in correct place) thats what im doing atleast. Annoyinh at start but you can get used to it. using mouse to place your part of scene to correct place is not really working in DAZ. You have to use sliders and manually place it where you want. I didnt figure out how to do it other way.

As for lighting. Its IMHO the hardest part of setting up a scene. Im usually using HDRi images for environment map and then im adding 2-3 mesh spotlights. But it all depends on your scene, background etc.

I have no idea how 3delight works. Im using Iray. For body (especially for boobs) you should get yourself some breasts morphs for Daz3d and then you will be able to set it much easier. Additional morphs are very useful for face (nose/mouth) breasts, genitals. i would recomend you to get atleast one for each part of body.

As for shadows and lighting before rendering. It mainly depends on your graphic card and PC overall. You can switch to nvidia iray you can get a preview how your rendering will be.

Also if I may advise you something. You should work on one part of your scene at the time. Loading background or whole preset and then working on figure is not going to work unless you have NASA pc :p Also from my little experience you shouldnt use different pose when working on your figure. You can do it after you are done with everything and then start buildin your scene. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: xgkuajjJ2D0Q
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes