VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Midlife Crisis [v0.34 - v0.1 Dark] [Nefastus Games]

1. 5.00 star(s)

DiegoSaintE

Awesome game. I love the family and how well it played out. I am a BIG fan of the sharing route, so since this game have it, I am in love. Looking forward to more content like this. Thanks for sharing
  2. 5.00 star(s)

MrCarnivora

Really nice looking game with an !REALLY! excellent story. Not this "Oh no I am naked, what should we do about it" level. So Kudos to you, you earned them.
    As said, the graphics look nice, even some realistic little features.
    The Mom with some pregnancy "scare" on her belly, not so much, but enough to let us know that a little bit chubby milf look like that.
    Really many Girls around, if you skip too fast, you would lose track of who is who a little bit. (I know what I am talking about. XD)
    Girls have a more or less different character and a different body.
    Nice, so it's not all the same. Some with pubic hair, some without. Feels really immersive. But I am hooked on what the story with the dad of Sarah can get.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

PvtSeamen

This game is amazing! I was a little put off from the long wait starting early this year but it was worth it. The game covers the basics in a cheesy but very sexy way. The plot is decent and does not feel rushed. There is tons of buildup but you actually get rewarded for it. There are more than a few games out there that just tease you until you cant take it anymore. This one has it down and dishes it out in a tasteful matter. The animation is poop but the base renders are 5 stars. Overall I personally love this game.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

wowassault

Played this game probably at least 10 times now from start to end over the several versions that have gotten released over the years.

It started out very promising, lots of teasing between the MC and his "family".

A few girls to choose from which you can persue, altho keep in mind it's mainly a VN, where choices matter little to none. In this game however choosing the " correct " dialog path gives you a few extra scenes.

Overal however, there's only 1 or 2 characters that were really interesting to me.

Can't say that the white ghost michael jackson esque daughter was peaking my interest, I tended to skip past her content all together. Same as with the " mom ". And that's weird, because in every other Incest game I tend to focus solely on the mother content and the younger daughter content.

I guess the models/faces really threw me off on this one.

Only the older daughter and the redhead caught my attention tho this time, which have some great teasing and penetration scenes.

Overal i'd give it a 3/5, Would be a 4/5 if the daughter didn't look like she's sick, and a 5/5 if the mother had a more decent body.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

korisnik2007a

This is a very unusual game - with a somewhat rocky start (3D-wise), the story helps you get over it and enamors you to keep playing to find out/do more.

There are plentiful choices of who you do/don't want, and there are certain situations you can deal with in different ways (also some unexpected but welcome dark undertones in certain parts).

However, the writing is the thing that shines in this game the most - MC is fleshed out, interesting and has a good taste in music. Humor is subjective but this is one of those rare VNs where I actually laughed out loud, a few times even - and that's a big plus in my book.

Pretty fun wish-fulfilment (if you wish it to be kek).

Keep up the good work dev! Don't stop believing!
  6. 5.00 star(s)

HypnoKitten

Such a wonderful game! The starting renders... are a bit rough. But aside from that the writing is so sweet and yet so hot, no anxiety-inducing choices, just fun and enjoyable and feel-good. Pretty straight forward but just enough choice that you don't feel like you're just reading a VN
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Bloodguard

This game is very good. The Dev struggles with the technical side of things a bit, renders, lighting, poses, etc, but he owns this and makes fun of himself a lot. He does have a very nice story to tell, and the characters are well written, and very endearing. I love the MC zero fucks attitude, and his daughters are just adorable. Not sure how much your choices actually affect the story, as you get a lot of scenes that you probably shouldn't given some previous choices. The lewd scenes that are there are plentiful, and pretty good, especially in later updates. Worth a go, if you like a solid incest story, and don't mind mid level quality for graphics and such.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

Jolong22

Well, this game is good. Quality of renders is good, animations are OK. In case of story, let's say that it's decent. Even the playtime is good, minimum of 8+ hours in current version which ios not bad but I can't say I paid attention the whole time... started little bit rushing towards the end. But I think this is not a bad game and you should give it a try. 7/10. [v0.23a].
  9. 5.00 star(s)

HillDweller

This game sets a VERY high mark for the whole normalcy -> corruption -> incestuous harem thing.
    The dynamics between characters and progression remind a bit of Parental Love, but this one takes it to a whole new level in terms of character development, dialogue and screenplay.

Also shown is an incredible talent for comedy using a mix of dialogue, body language and screenplay.
    When you burst out laughing in the middle of a furious fap, you'll know what I mean.

Posing and lighting feel a bit weak on the first scenes, but the improvement towards the end of the current version is amazing, though you'll forget about it way before that on account of the aforementioned virtues.

TLDR: a very high water mark. Must play.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Duke Leo

Wow! This is an amazing game. Excellent writing, super-sexy situations and the apparent ability to play this game in significantly different ways (wife is part of it or wife is the enemy). I've only played with a happy wife and let me tell you it was refreshing to see a game where a guy truly was into all the different women in his life, even his wife. There is even a swapping option! A healthy swapping option!

I know, I know, people hate "NTR" but I think it's sexy when you have a relationship strong enough for everyone to get mutual pleasure, jealousy and insecurity is a major turn-off.

I really like that the game has built in "view all" options that allow you to playout all of the scenes and then decide which one is "canon" afterwards. This is a stroke of genius.

Cons: The game's renders are a little weak at first, but they get much better quickly. I'm sure Nefastus will go back and remaster at some point. The other issue is typos, there are quite a few of them, but the Dev seems more focused on forward momentum than going back to fix things, which is actually okay, I can get past the typos.

Go play this game. You'll thank me later!

Edit: 100th review!
  11. 4.00 star(s)

m0us3r

It starts as a decent erotic VN, with some interesting story about corruption (something that can resemble turning your family into a harem, including schoolmates of your daughters). But the more the story progresses, the more it turns into endless fucking, with not much of meaningful dialogs or events. That's why I give it just 4 stars, otherwise it would be 5.

Also, just few of the girls are really pretty.

v.0.23a
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Alboe Interactive

As other reviewers have said, ignore the promo pics, this VN is a diamond in the rough. I have a hard time thinking of what to write for this review. Midlife Crisis’s story, setting, and characters work together far better than I could have expected. There is no one element that stands apart, but the end result of their combination are sex scenes that are some of the hottest I’ve ever seen.

Case in point, the wife. The intro for her allows immediate dismissal. Given her looks (which I like, but I like everything), I bet a lot of players missed out on an outstanding wife corruption story arc. Other games that are dedicated to that genre don’t do it as well as Midlife Crisis.

The MC is a lovable goofball that actually cares about his loved ones. Even though he is trying to enjoy his life to the absolute fullest, he still recognizes the potential impact it could have on others.

Ignoring the visuals, the only complaint I had was the choice between the prostitute or her trans cousin. However, a later release has resolved that and both can now be part of the harem. So really, it’s just the visuals that let down an otherwise outstanding VN. That being said, don’t miss out on this gem, the women character models are hot and the VN’s other aspects are plenty enough to outshine the renders. Trust me, you will hardly notice the sometimes-underwhelming visuals when the action kicks up.

Midlife Crisis the definition of substance over aesthetics and I can’t wait for the next update.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

MikoKju

Ayy yo DONT get turned off by this game's -1/5 Banner!

I been dodging this game because of it and finally tried this when I ran of out games to play.

Its not the best sure,but it gets the job done and quite fun,most of all... No BLUEBALLS! can you believe it?

Its refreshing to see
    an Incest game without a story dragging forever

without some misleading tags

( as in there is vg sex and all that shit but its just with that one side slutty char for quickies and u don't get to touch a single pubic hair off your family right ?)

p.s This is written with full post-nut clarity, its just that good :p
  14. 5.00 star(s)

wibble4321

I like it, really like it. Light hearted and fun, suitably risque and plenty of action. The models are not the most attractive, but TBH you get into the charachters and the models seem to mater less? At least avoiding the space-hopper-titted/horse-dicked abominations used elsewhere.
  15. 3.00 star(s)

Gray21

Its ok, all of the female characters look great, i especially like the Fairuza Balk lookalike, she is cute :).
    The story is mostly nonexistent, but it has its moments. There is a lot of content in this game, which is good, but there are many technical issues that pop up during the game, missing textures, weird poses, weird lighting, etc. that drag the game down a bit. You can see the dev getting better at these things as the game progresses, but than again this creates a pretty inconsistent art style.
    Still, its worth trying.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Cartageno

There is quite a lot wrong with this game from a technical point of view and it is really rough around the edges. Some examples:

Graphics wise:
    Quite a few renders are grainy and the lighting feels off.
    Positioning of people in cars is totally wrong.
    Re-used assets and non-fitting ones.
    Some renders are missing, giving you black screens.
    Animations? What animations? Rough four image loops are the best you'll get.

Story wise:
    The MC is a not at all attractive old guy, yet every girl in game craves him.
    With very little exception there is hardly any story as such in game.

Technics wise:
    The game forgets decisions you made and brazenly asks you later on "did you do X with Y?" to set it up correctly.
    Quite a few typos - not Engrish though.

Gameplay wise:
    While it isn't a true Kinetic Novel, it in many places feels like one. There are no real differing branches, you can more or less just decide "do I want sexy time with this girl or not" - in choices which vary from "blatantly obvious" to "blatantly obvious and I'll tell you in brackets what they will lead to in case your lobotomy went all wrong".
    Some of the jokes fall flat if you didn't choose to view all content - MC reacting negatively to a song by Usher because an usher just disrupted his date with Tracy makes no sense if you didn't date Tracy.

If any of this seriously bothers you, move on to some other game.

So why a comparatively okay rating?

Because it feels right. Firstly, the game doesn't take itself seriously in the least. Almost all of the faults mentioned above are lampshaded within the game over and over, like the remarkable similarity of hotel rooms or a completely outdated calendar on the office desk or even the characters changing place in a restaurant multiple times because the lighting isn't right (it still isn't in the end). Secondly, the not-at-all sexy MC is a refreshing change, while the adoration of the girls is so over the top while still in the flow of the story that it doesn't really matter.

There's surreal stuff, too. Apart from the (by now common but noticeably short) rant about complainers on the internet you apparently have an NPC playing a sandbox style game in your universe, which offers a good way to make fun of sandbox tropes. The fourth wall is often hardly existing in other places as well.

The characters, while generally not incredibly inventive, are distinct enough and likeable, also the side characters - if you don't love Rock and his husband Michele you don't have a heart, and if Rock's introductory scene happened to me in real life, I would choose him to be the male equivalent of a BFF unless I had died laughing. There may be a girl or two too many to really let everybody shine and as always not everybody will be to your liking (but as said you can vote them out), but that's not really a complaint one will push too far.

The "hardly any gameplay" weakness above can also be a very strong suit. You don't need any walkthrough and can still decide "do I want this to happen or not?" which can be relaxing if in the right kind of mood, e.g. when having a stressful time, which some of us may have had in 2020.

Also, the writing is good. Yes, not much of a story. Yes, quite a few typos. And yes, a quite informal tone. But sentences flow well, jokes are well written (or lame, where they should be), no weird phrases everybody uses. The only real criticism I would have here is that the "wife not attractive to you anymore" route is unnecessarily hostile, but as so often there is a mod that fixes that (and also gives choice hints to those who somehow still need them), so not an issue as such.

In the end it is not polished at all. It is a campfire song improvised on the spot. It is a travel to a city where you didn't optimize your time beforehand to see every major sight there is to see but just stumble through the streets and discover what you find. It is not really good. But it is serviceable and sometimes the non perfect things just feel more complete and real. And personally, I never plan much ahead when travelling, even if I miss out on some stuff, I mostly have an amazing experience doing that.
  17. 4.00 star(s)

Publius Clodius Pulcher

(y) Vast amount of content, nukige-like delivery of the fappable scenes.
    (y) Many different models, all of them with their own special appeal.
    (y) Slutty girls, hot dialogue, sexy scenes.
    (y) Choices have moderate impact, but the dev tries hard to not lock you out of scenes in case you are a satyr like me.
    (y) Optional dickgirl that looks stunning and many choices for the player to stop doing shit you don't like like sucking her cock/eating cum while still allowing you to fuck her.

(n) Generic plot and cliché personalities, but it delivers so much in the fucking that I don't care at all.
  18. 2.00 star(s)

fdawshwerb

I realize my opinion isn't going to be too popular, but it's a typical HAREM game, it tends to become dull and boring rather quickly. Yey I get to fuck everyone around me and I'm the big daddy everyone dream of even touching... Then what?

Alright the game looks nice and the story isn't too bad to start with but when it goes full harem mode, the game tends to rely on dull characters progression/dramas and then probably pregnancy (not sure if it's in the game yet, probably will be soon if not) to go on and milk patreons... While the meaningful content is long gone.

Decent fapping game, meh story, unrealistic harem/incest progression towards a barely likeable and definitely not good looking MC.
  19. 4.00 star(s)

UselessSphinx

This is a good VN.
    PROS
    Story is humorous
    Characters are interesting
    MC is well balanced
    CONS
    Some lighting issues with some areas
    Some grammar mishaps here and there
    Overall
    Good story with good characters makes for an interesting VN. The humor is on point throughout, and isn't overbearing. Glad to see a MC that not only develops mentally but physically during this adventure. I recommend giving this one a play through. Keep up the good work
  20. 5.00 star(s)

jrwizzard

I love the humor probably the most. The story humor is good, but the fact that the writer also makes fun of the scenes made me laugh just as hard, and kept scenes light hearted. They made fun of the fact they jumped in water yet there hair didnt get wet; instead of letting it break the immersion like is has done in several other games, they put a spotlight on it and made fun of it themselves, kudos.

The art is good, script is great. I really liked the different personalities and body types, to include trans - with the option to not see it. I like the attention to detail you rarely see, like stretch marks on mom from giving birth.

It all adds up to being immersive, like it could really happen even though you know it is a fantasy - 5 stars just for that.

Animations could be better, and more of them. The scenes are great, put together well, I just get disappointed not seeing the animations to top off a hot scene, or worse a poor animation in a hot scene,

More head and eye movements during conversations would be good too. I like the different perspectives during a conversation, but sometimes just the tilt of the head, or a half hug, or something less jarring is just as good, depends of the underlying tensions - etc.

I like the interruptions of near awesome new perverted things, it adds a bit of humor and suspense, did he get caught? That type of thing. I think it has happened 2-3 times so far, always caught me off guard.

The story is pretty typical, but it is displayed in a fun and sexy way. Just goes to show you dont need a great story to make a great game... if you have a good writer.

I cant wait to see what gets added next, definitely on my watch list.

Thanks for sharing your hard work.