Nefastus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
Don't worry, it's a good first release. I'm usually not much into the father-daughter-stuff but it feels good here. Yeah, the renders are sub standard but I don't care. I'm looking forward for the next version.
Proofreading is indeed necessary for the incy content during the cafe scene, but the rest is pretty much fine.

Oh, and one more thing: Can you please stop with the "Haha" all the time? I know it's supposed to be laughing but it sounds like the character speaks it out loud. "Where the Heart is" did that a lot in the first versions too and it annoyed a lot of people. Now in the newer versions the dev just found his way around and it feels much more natural.
Will do for sure. Honestly I don't like the haha crap either, but nothing really feels right to convey laughter. I think from version 2 on, I may just ensure I have a laugh expression(hopefully more attractive ones) rendered for everywhere a laugh is needed, and just pray it doesn't add up too much time. Since I just typed that sentence I feel like a damn moron, of course that's what I should do, unless I send all of them to a stand up show or something. Sometimes wrapping my mind around the fact that this is a text AND visual medium is all that's needed.

Reactions: Drew49th

Nefastus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
Damn... That wife would keep nothing of mine straight... Totally not my type :D I think Jumbo Head is better :D (Your game's new mascot... :D)
Yeah, I figured the wife would be polarizing, not your typical 10/10 most people prefer, but an under represented fetish for those who do. Hopefully I make up for it with more giant headed alien hybrids :winkytongue: and planning what I hope will be an interesting anti wife route for the people who hate the model.

proximus

Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Nice first release. Have no problem with wife's look. Honestly, it is not that bad and keeps game more realistic.
Erica looks to be the same model like daughter from Our Fate. Maybe her fans, frustrated by slow progress in that game, can find some solace here.

gubl

May 31, 2018
Try camera settings with normal lens, not wide angle lens.
In case you don't know then for the typical 35mm camera the normal lens is 50mm. Anything less is wide angle and more is tele.
Less than 24mm is ultra-wide.
I haven't use DAZ, so I don't know where those settings are, but I imagine, they must be there somewhere.

Wide angle lens from a short distance creates this kind of distortions:

Lens distortion is heavily pronounced at corners, in that creepy render, something wrong with physics, so my guess, head was photoshopped, and not the best way.

Reactions: Penfold Mole

Sancrest

Jul 5, 2018
Yeah, I figured the wife would be polarizing, not your typical 10/10 most people prefer, but an under represented fetish for those who do. Hopefully I make up for it with more giant headed alien hybrids :winkytongue: and planning what I hope will be an interesting anti wife route for the people who hate the model.
Don't get me wrong I don't hate the model. I actually quite like it since it is more "realistic" but she is not my type. :D Ofc someone probably has a fetish for her :D Has a good potential. I am excited to see what you'll come up with.

Reactions: Nefastus

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
this will be popular because the writing is quite decent..ALOT of us realllly want to play an MC closer to our own ages..and have a wife that isnt 18 going on 13...HAHAAAA...of the 20-30 games/updates appearing on the update page the past 24 hours..this is the only one that was "fun" i can even live with mutate-head girl if we get to see her from the ass mostly..thats a nifty ass on Mutate-Girl :p

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
When I avoid the wife just after the goodnight I get this error.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Sayer 'C' is not defined.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 466, in script
  File "[...]\MidLifeCrisis-1.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 624, in execute
    who = eval_who(self.who, self.who_fast)
  File "[...]\MidLifeCrisis-1.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 537, in eval_who
    raise Exception("Sayer '%s' is not defined." % who.encode("utf-8"))
Exception: Sayer 'C' is not defined.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
MidLifeCrisis 1.0
Sat Nov 10 23:13:30 2018
And yes, nice start. Just the proportions of the head of the younger girls seem to be off sometimes.

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
We've got a normal male hero! Hell, yeah! OK, not exactly "normal", but it's not another 13yo kid pretending to be 18yo.
Good start - now some minor complaints - but not really important TBH:
- others already said - younger daughter sometimes looks strange, even older than she should be; I think her lips are too wide (at least in some screens) and facial expressions - like her face is filled with botox.
- transitions between scenes - would be more realistic with one inter-scene (like when coming back from the boutique and you're suddenly in your living room); I know, that's more work and that time could be used on more important stuff, but like I said - it would look smoother.
- this scene will give me a nightmare:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: morpheusahrms

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
We've got a normal male hero! Hell, yeah! OK, not exactly "normal", but it's not another 13yo kid pretending to be 18yo.
Good start - now some minor complaints - but not really important TBH:
- others already said - younger daughter sometimes looks strange, even older than she should be; I think her lips are too wide (at least in some screens) and facial expressions - like her face is filled with botox.
- transitions between scenes - would be more realistic with one inter-scene (like when coming back from the boutique and you're suddenly in your living room); I know, that's more work and that time could be used on more important stuff, but like I said - it would look smoother.
- this scene will give me a nightmare:
they forgot to tell ya in health class..older dames can get stretch marks down thar abouts...while not attractive normally..it IS an awesome touch noone ever thinks of..so credit to the dev for that...also..have ya seen Fairuza Balk now?...google her..she's dead ringer for the game-girl..explains why she's so eff'd up ...HAHAAAAA

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
they forgot to tell ya in health class..older dames can get stretch marks down thar abouts...while not attractive normally..it IS an awesome touch noone ever thinks of..so credit to the dev for that...also..have ya seen Fairuza Balk now?...google her..she's dead ringer for the game-girl..explains why she's so eff'd up ...HAHAAAAA
No, no - you got me wrong. I know very well how ladies at certain age look. I'm talking about her hand... and fingers.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
No, no - you got me wrong. I know very well how ladies at certain age look. I'm talking about her hand... and fingers.
HOLY EFF!!!..i just noticed..LOL...thats a pod-people!!!!!!
well..guess we all know i do not pay attention to hands..hehe...there are no nipples on hands!!!(usually)

Reactions: vir_cotto
U

User_10739

Here's my "squashed like bug" (compressed) version.

Lossy compression is used. (means some, image/audio/video quality may be reduced to make files smaller)
I have a 27" monitor and I rarely notice any difference but you may, so, if you don't like it, feel free to download the original...

Midlife Crisis [v0.01] [Nefastus Games] - Original Size: (459MB)

Squashed Download - PC (86MB): - - -

Papy.ion6984

Engaged Member
May 16, 2017
Here's my "squashed like bug" (compressed) version.

Lossy compression is used. (means some, image/audio/video quality may be reduced to make files smaller)
I have a 27" monitor and I rarely notice any difference but you may, so, if you don't like it, feel free to download the original...

Midlife Crisis [v0.01] [Nefastus Games] - Original Size: (459MB)

Squashed Download - PC (86MB): - - -

TY !

Vortex5000

Apr 25, 2018
Not super fond of the whole forced hooker thing. You have a kinky wife who you seemingly may be able to open up to various sorts of things (including potentially threesomes it would seem) and you're going after paid sex. Why. I automatically assume the MC is a douchebag due to this.

Reactions: oidex
4.40 star(s) 188 Votes