• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Midlife Crisis - Courteous Mod + Walkthrough v34 [thanks for the demos]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Ramagar

Nov 19, 2017
First off, I apologize. This is my first time here and maybe I am just missing something. I have played Midlife Crisis on-line and when the new patch came out, none of my saves were there. So I decided to download it. I went looking for links for the walkthrough and found this page. However, I cannot find the walkthrough download link. I only see the "saves" and "Courteous" mod zips. And when I install either of those, I don't get any green text on the choices. Am I missing something? I appreciate the work you do on this. I did copy the "games" folder from your zip to the "games" folder for the games and still nothing. I am sorry, I am new to the rpa scripts thing. Am I doing it wrong?
Are you unzipping the files and then placing the mod in the 'Game' subfolder? It needs to be there to work. Same goes with the saves subfolder. It needs to be in the 'Game' subfolder.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
First off, I apologize. This is my first time here and maybe I am just missing something. I have played Midlife Crisis on-line and when the new patch came out, none of my saves were there. So I decided to download it. I went looking for links for the walkthrough and found this page. However, I cannot find the walkthrough download link. I only see the "saves" and "Courteous" mod zips. And when I install either of those, I don't get any green text on the choices. Am I missing something? I appreciate the work you do on this. I did copy the "games" folder from your zip to the "games" folder for the games and still nothing. I am sorry, I am new to the rpa scripts thing. Am I doing it wrong?
From what you write here it sounds like you copied the folder "game" from the mod in to the folder "game" in the game folder? There shouldn't be a game folder inside the other game folder, the files from the mod needs to be inside the games "game" folder.

Damn, reading that back made me dizzy, sorry :) Ask if I didn't make myself clear ;)

Logan1966

Nov 26, 2022
Thank you for the reply. Here are the steps I took:

1. Downloaded the zip file.
2. Extracted the zip file
3. Copied the "games" folder from the extracted folder and pasted it "over" the "games" folder at the main game level folder, answering "replace" for all the files necessary.

Logan1966

Nov 26, 2022
From what you write here it sounds like you copied the folder "game" from the mod in to the folder "game" in the game folder? There shouldn't be a game folder inside the other game folder, the files from the mod needs to be inside the games "game" folder.

Damn, reading that back made me dizzy, sorry :) Ask if I didn't make myself clear ;)
LOL> No, you didn't make me dizzy. I see the confusion I placed into my statement. Here are the steps I took:

3. Copied the "games" folder from the extracted folder and pasted it "over" the "games" folder at the main game level folder, answering "replace" for all the files necessary.

I hope this clears any confusion I may have placed.

Thanks.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
LOL> No, you didn't make me dizzy. I see the confusion I placed into my statement. Here are the steps I took:

I hope this clears any confusion I may have placed.

Thanks.
ok good :)

if I remember correctly there isn't any greenlighted choices until a little later in to the game but maybe someone can confirm this?

GreggoryLove

Aug 1, 2021
ok good :)

if I remember correctly there isn't any greenlighted choices until a little later in to the game but maybe someone can confirm this?
MC1.jpg

Went through from the beginning and this was the first "highlighted" choice with the mod installed on my game. Hopefully this helps?

Envoye

Jul 12, 2021
View attachment 478628

Overview:
This mod removes hostile exchanges between MC and his wife on what would otherwise be the 'wife hate route'.
It's intended to give those who are not sexually interested in her a more enjoyable experience.
Changes to dialogue have been kept minimal, mostly removing needless insults and hostility. Also fixed a bunch of typos.

Walkthrough:
for both Courteous and Wife Love routes. Optimal choices are highlighted in green.
Many flavor choices and all optional kinks are still down to your preference.​

Updated: 2023-01-15
Game/Creator: Midlife Crisis / Nefastus Games -
Modder: thanks for the demos
Mod Version: v32
Game Version: v0.32
Language: english

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Change-Log:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This happened after copying in the game folder:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: Name (u'game/script.rpy', 1662112371, 2) is defined twice, at game/game/script.rpyc:5 and script.rpyc:5.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 447, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "renpy/script.py", line 283, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "renpy/script.py", line 789, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "renpy/script.py", line 469, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "renpy/script.py", line 452, in check_name
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name (u'game/script.rpy', 1662112371, 2) is defined twice, at game/game/script.rpyc:5 and script.rpyc:5.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.5.1609
MidLifeCrisis 0.32
Sun Jan 15 17:28:00 2023

Where did I make the mistake?

Roninsoul7

Mar 24, 2020
That depends on if you just dropped the script file in, or used Unren. Personally I always use the unren method as just dropping the script file in tends to be hit and miss.

Aug 7, 2018
[..]
There shouldn't be a game/game folder.

Easiest way to fix this is to cut the second /game folder inside of MidLifeCrisis/game, then drop it directly into your Midlife Crisis folder and merge.

pds72

Sep 25, 2019
I haven't played this update yet (Still on 30) but something over in the game thread caught my eye...

In Ep19 when you have to option to take Sarah over to your wife you get one of two variables

Python:
"Take her over to [w_name] secretly (properly leading [w_name] down the path towards threesome)":
            $threesome19v = True
OR
Python:
"MOD: Take her over to [w_name] for a powerplay {color=#0F0}(watch the scene with [w_name] and [s_name], while staying in control of how much [w_name] gets involved in the future.{color=#0F0}":
            $ altscenews19v = True
In 19 there are a few spots that will check if either are true, but if you select the MOD option threesome19v will be false for 21, 22, 24, 25, 26, and 32. Mostly it is just a few lines of dialog but still wanted to make a note of it.

pds72

Sep 25, 2019
In v14 at the office meeting with wife and her co-worker the note for romance is too vague. Seemed to hint as a swingers route at the time. Now in v32 we see that it is either swinger or MFF

Python:
menu:
    "I like it {color=#0F0}(might lead to something){color=#0F0}":
        $m_romance = True
    "They're just family friends {color=#0F0}(no romance){color=#0F0}":
        $m_romance = False

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes