Mod Midlife Crisis - Courteous Mod + Walkthrough v34 [thanks for the demos]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Marcus9

Jan 28, 2019
Have you added your old version29.rpyc after applying the mod (the one from your Midlife Crisis v0.29\game folder)? Your old saves should load then. Once you've made a save in v0.30 it should load fine with both versions.

(Once you've managed to load a save from v0.29 and made a save in v0.30, please tell me if it does work with both versions of the mod or only one but not the other)
I don't have v29 installed any more. I tend to make space by keeping only the save games. I can get hold of v29 for the update or the full game, but I would need your previous patch to make it work --- unless you can share the version29.rpyc from your previous mod with me?

Aug 7, 2018
I don't have v29 installed any more. I tend to make space by keeping only the save games. I can get hold of v29 for the update or the full game, but I would need your previous patch to make it work --- unless you can share the version29.rpyc from your previous mod with me?
The problem is that Renpy isn't searching through the script (rpy) to find a place to stop rolling back to (loading your save), but it searches the rpyc. The rpyc it creates can have a different structure, even though it's based on the same rpy, which is why my version29.rpyc didn't work for you yet (since it's not the exact same your save was based on). That's my current understanding at least.

Since I've added my rpycs to both versions of the mod now, it'll require the workaround one more time, but should resolve the issue going forward. *fingers crossed*

Reactions: msleomac

Marcus9

Jan 28, 2019
The problem is that Renpy isn't searching through the script (rpy) to find a place to stop rolling back to (loading your save), but it searches the rpyc. The rpyc it creates can have a different structure, even though it's based on the same rpy, which is why my version29.rpyc didn't work for you yet (since it's not the exact same your save was based on). That's my current understanding at least.

Since I've added my rpycs to both versions of the mod now, it'll require the workaround one more time, but should resolve the issue going forward. *fingers crossed*
Thanks for trying - honestly, for now I'm cool with creating a new save (skip text is super helpful in that ;) )

msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019

thanks. appreciate you giving it a try.

ScornedBeef

May 30, 2022
There's a problem with this. Even when not using the incest patch in at least some instances incest content is included. For instance when visiting the library with Amanda quite early on.

I'd love the walkthrough functionality, but not if incest stuff is forced. That doesn't seem be the the intention tho, so it'd be great if this was corrected.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
There's a problem with this. Even when not using the incest patch in at least some instances incest content is included. For instance when visiting the library with Amanda quite early on.

I'd love the walkthrough functionality, but not if incest stuff is forced. That doesn't seem be the the intention tho, so it'd be great if this was corrected.
I think the problem might stem from the fact that games like this are written to have incest but then the relationships gets renamed so it can pass Patreon's inspection then it gets patched back to the original.

Aug 7, 2018

If it got enabled accidentally: you can disable incest via console or (if you're using individual scripts) by deleting patch.rpy/.rpyc from your Midlife Crisis\game folder.

Console:
enable the console (manually, by using unRen option 3 or by adding the attached file to \game)
in-game, open it via shift + O
"taboo = False" (without quotation marks)

Reactions: ScornedBeef

pds72

Sep 25, 2019
TYPO version23.rpy line 612

In chapter 21, dev used brutulcuck21v. Looks like at first for 23 they used brutalcuck21v, but later "corrected" it to be the same as in 21. Seems the WT has the original 23 as it gives an error.

NameError: name 'brutalcuck21v' is not defined

vincent13

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2018
View attachment 478628

Overview:
This mod removes hostile exchanges between MC and his wife on what would otherwise be the 'wife hate route'.
It's intended to give those who are not sexually interested in her a more enjoyable experience.
Changes to dialogue have been kept minimal, mostly removing needless insults and hostility. Also fixed a bunch of typos.

Walkthrough:
for both Courteous and Wife Love routes. Optimal choices are highlighted in green.
Many flavor choices and all optional kinks are still down to your preference.​

Updated: 2022-09-02
Game/Creator: Midlife Crisis / Nefastus Games -
Modder: thanks for the demos
Mod Version: v30
Game Version: v0.30
Language: english

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Change-Log:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

0.31 ?

Logan1966

Nov 26, 2022
First off, I apologize. This is my first time here and maybe I am just missing something. I have played Midlife Crisis on-line and when the new patch came out, none of my saves were there. So I decided to download it. I went looking for links for the walkthrough and found this page. However, I cannot find the walkthrough download link. I only see the "saves" and "Courteous" mod zips. And when I install either of those, I don't get any green text on the choices. Am I missing something? I appreciate the work you do on this. I did copy the "games" folder from your zip to the "games" folder for the games and still nothing. I am sorry, I am new to the rpa scripts thing. Am I doing it wrong?

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes