4.50 star(s) 280 Votes

Rroarr

Oct 15, 2017
That was a freaking awesome start :)
Dunno if it's said already, was a bit off with the job interview/to shop with melody. chose to go with Melody but later Aunt and Melody acted like the interview was chosen. Didn't bother me much tho, did i say this start is freaking awesome?

Her Dad was a musician and was gone before she was born. Smells fishy ^^. I think it's Dating my daughter without knowing it's your daughter? As long you're not aware it's no incest right? :p

thanatos69

Oct 28, 2016
That was a freaking awesome start :)
Dunno if it's said already, was a bit off with the job interview/to shop with melody. chose to go with Melody but later Aunt and Melody acted like the interview was chosen. Didn't bother me much tho, did i say this start is freaking awesome?
I noticed too. I think that's a bug.

BTW Someone should add better pictures to the thread. There's plenty to choose from the night with Izz :FeelsGoodMan:

xymander

Dec 9, 2017
Read Mr. Dots blog. Now willing to try this game since he promises DmD will not stop production, just slowed a bit. Sounds silly but just love his DmD work and couldn't bear to watch the flame die.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Well, so far I'm pretty impressed with this visual novel/game... It has a good backstory, and feels a lot more realistic in how the story plays out... I can see lots of opportunities for eventual relationship building, with various other characters including the main heroine... Lots of various options for how you want the protagonists story to play out... Only down side I really saw was you don't see relationship stats with other characters outside of the main heroine... And the lock feature for Other Girls needs some more explanation as to how it really will effect the story... With my main concern being, will not turning any characters relationship function off, end up biting the protagonist in the butt with relationship building with the heroine or other characters in the end? Beyond that, I didn't run into all that many flaws or quirks... I felt complete immersion in the story, and I'm a sucker for romance/love themed relationship stories... And for the moment, it seems to be going that route with several different characters... I went ahead and posted my review...

pleiades

Nov 27, 2017
Is there gonna be music with this music themed game
I was kind of missing this actually, I was going into this game hoping the dev would include some music. Could definitely have been used to liven up some of the events during this first release as well.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Is there gonna be music with this music themed game
For me, I don't really ever have my speakers turned on when playing these games... So it doesn't matter either way for me, as long as the sound files don't cause game delays like they do in some other Ren'py games... If I start seeing game delays due to the execution of sound files, I usually begin to get annoyed, but I know some folks like sound and music... As long as they are handled right in the coding, and don't slow down the game progression due to unnecessary delays, I'm golden, personally...

brknsoul

Nov 2, 2017
Bug Report time!
If you visit the Your Info tab before the Barista asks for your name, you get an error.
(tongue in cheek): Doors with mail-slots don't often have stree-side mail boxes. ;-)

popober

Jun 9, 2017
How does this compare to the blue-balling mess that is Dating my Daughter? That game was a horrendously milked pile of shit and if this is anything like that one, I ain't touching it. Looking at the overview, there isn't anything actually interesting or worthwhile here other than the pretty model; which would be worthless if there's no sex.

TheFapperBoy

Aug 13, 2017
Decent enough start so far. I'm glad MrDots included week 1, and week 2 in the same update, otherwise I think peoples first impressions might have been different. The renders as expected are high quality, and the girls are really pretty. I think Rebecca has some great potential. My biggest problem though is how much recycled content there is. It's jarring as fuck seeing characters other than D use the same poses, hairstyles, and faces. MrDots needs to spice it up a little, and leave behind some of these old tricks. I gotta say though, the girls unquestionably outclass DMD. It's not even close. I got a soft spot for those old characters, but damn those models don't hold a candle to these new ones. It's to be expected though, and I'm glad thats the case.

Reactions: wrx21

Irischan

Feb 16, 2018
on his side he say:
We will start working on Episode 3 of Melody after this week’s premiere release on Friday. Then once Episode 3 is released, we will START WORK ON v18 OF DMD, which we are hoping to release around the END OF MAY!

Our intention is to release two episodes of Melody (Friday and one next month), then one of DMD (v18) in May. Then we’ll go back to work on Melody in June.

today v0-01 comes out and he want do episode 3 bevore he start dmd v18 in may
this means he will bring fast episode 2 and next month episode 3? (he say friday and next month)
this means friday will come the next? or i miss understand something?

Reactions: Catwashere
Jan 12, 2018
That was a pretty substantial initial offering. The models are aces. Everyone single one of them. Lots of potential here as far as love interests and the story is interesting. I hope MC can bone them all without consequence. Hahahaha

Thamn

Aug 6, 2016
If you want the quick menu visible so you can quicksave and quickload easily just type into the console:

quick_menu = True

It works on many games and saves me a lot of back and forth into the save menu, making the whole thing more enjoyable. Sometimes "suppress_overlay = False" is also needed but not on this particular game it seems.

Reactions: Catwashere

Mark600601

Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Just finished my play through. Dont usually do 0.1s but I was a fan of DMD up around 0.10 or so which is when I started to feel it was draggin on and on, so I decided to give this one a shot lol.
Decent content for an 0.1. The game seems to be set up in weeks instead of days. And instead of 0.1 ending after the first week it gives you 2 weeks gameplay. (though to be fair this version despite hvae 2 weeks in game only had ABOUT the same content as a 2-4 days in DMD)
Story wise Im happy with the new direction hes taking. Or at least the new direction he appears to be taking at the moment...
Melody is not some overly naive near retarded 13 year old girl in an 18 year olds body. Melody seems to be a fairly developed character (sexual innunedo intended and not intended ;p) and it doesnt seem as though the MC is grooming Melody in this game. Rather just being her teacher and an overall decent guy that Melody just ends up falling for over time

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
great renders and so far I like the story and the sassy plucky personality of Melody. she has an awesomely cute face and nice ass. can't wait to see the next week.

too bad MrDots team isn't bigger so we could simultaneously have updates of DMD and Melody but I'll take what I can get!

Reactions: Zippity

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
Wow, just wow, I was really impressed, great storyline, awesome game, I'm looking forward for some more of this, I have to admit that it was 1000 times better than what DS did for his game for sure, but lets not talk about that, if you haven't downloaded it yet, do yourself a favour and do so :) I might consider pledging this game ;)

JRD

Feb 4, 2018
4/10

The font they chose just doesn't seem to fit well.

I'm not drinking the kool aid for this one. So far I'm not sold on Melody and not feeling bad about cutting Patreon support for Dots - there's just nothing that really sets this apart from most run-of-the-mill VN's out there.

brknsoul

Nov 2, 2017
Bug: During Second Lesson, when Amy calls you, Melody's name isn't capitalised.

(PS: I tend to post bug reports as I'm playing, If this annoys anyone, I'll attempt to condense multiple reports into a single post, unless they're totally game breaking.)

4.50 star(s) 280 Votes