Mod Ren'Py Melody - Lain's Walkthrough + Scene Gallery Mod [v1.00]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

molerat21

Jun 12, 2017
Does this mod stop the automatic breakup with Becca at week 10 if I am still on the Melody path as well?
I'm actually having issues with this in 0.13. I've disabled relationships with everyone as far back as mid Melody's first time, and left it there throughout till the end of the next date with Becca. I don't get the breakup talk when she gets there in the morning, but I do get the break up date in the evening and I don't know how to stop it. I've looked at the written walkthrough and it says that Melody and Amy's relationships have to be disabled before the start of week 10, but I think the mod turns off the calendar so I don't know when that is, and I think I just had to disable it before the date in previous patches, but I'm don't remember which patch or if I'm right.

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
I'm actually having issues with this in 0.13. I've disabled relationships with everyone as far back as mid Melody's first time, and left it there throughout till the end of the next date with Becca. I don't get the breakup talk when she gets there in the morning, but I do get the break up date in the evening and I don't know how to stop it. I've looked at the written walkthrough and it says that Melody and Amy's relationships have to be disabled before the start of week 10, but I think the mod turns off the calendar so I don't know when that is, and I think I just had to disable it before the date in previous patches, but I'm don't remember which patch or if I'm right.
I'm still using .12 so I don't know if thats a bug or not. Could try using unRen and enable console and check the variables and make sure the relationships you don't want are turned off.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Does this mod stop the automatic breakup with Becca at week 10 if I am still on the Melody path as well?
The automatic breakup when she tells you she is moving only happens if you are in a relationship with Melody or Amy. The variable check is immediately before it happens so you don't need to change relationship variables at an earlier point.
Then when you go on the date with her if she didn't break up with you, then there will always be an option where you can choose if you want go with her or if you want to break up with her.

• Wow
Reactions: Canto Forte

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Is this mod missing the add points to Melody part? I've been using your mod for several releases now and this is the first one I don't see it in.

molerat21

Jun 12, 2017
The automatic breakup when she tells you she is moving only happens if you are in a relationship with Melody or Amy. The variable check is immediately before it happens so you don't need to change relationship variables at an earlier point.
Then when you go on the date with her if she didn't break up with you, then there will always be an option where you can choose if you want go with her or if you want to break up with her.
I've tried it where I disable relationships with every single girl, except Becca, just before Melody goes to bed the night before. The morning starts with no Melody in the apartment, fast forward to Becca coming over with NO talk of breaking up. Fast forward to our date and its the break up date, and following break up sex. The entire time, the Becca relationship is the only one enabled.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I've tried it where I disable relationships with every single girl, except Becca, just before Melody goes to bed the night before. The morning starts with no Melody in the apartment, fast forward to Becca coming over with NO talk of breaking up. Fast forward to our date and its the break up date, and following break up sex. The entire time, the Becca relationship is the only one enabled.
I've noticed that even if I disable Sophia/Melody lesbian, it still kicks in. But, I thought that was a bug in the game itself. I don't think the mod would cause that.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I've noticed that even if I disable Sophia/Melody lesbian, it still kicks in. But, I thought that was a bug in the game itself. I don't think the mod would cause that.
I didn't think that it was a bug in the base game, I just assumed it was the mod.
The mod changes nothing with the story, so the mod would never have a change or bug like that.

The code for the morning and date is really straightforward and I see nothing that would be a bug or cause issues.
Maybe there was a bug in an older version of the game, but the current version looks completely fine.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
The mod changes nothing with the story, so the mod would never have a change or bug like that.

The code for the morning and date is really straightforward and I see nothing that would be a bug or cause issues.
Maybe there was a bug in an older version of the game, but the current version looks completely fine.
Exactly. That's why I said: "I don't think the mod would cause that. ".
I'm mainly wondering about the add points menu that we had before.

ph12456

Sep 14, 2018
I'm having issues, I'm on mac and when I merge the 2 game folders together it causes the game to crash and gives me an error text.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I'm having issues, I'm on mac and when I merge the 2 game folders together it causes the game to crash and gives me an error text.
You probably put it in the wrong folder. If that's not the case though you'd have to copy and paste the error message here.

Lito69

Nov 7, 2019
Hey man, do you happen to know how to acquire the 7th key? In the pdf walktrough it says that I should have 7 keys or 385 points to get the Koko european tour ending but I don't have that

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Hey man, do you happen to know how to acquire the 7th key? In the pdf walktrough it says that I should have 7 keys or 385 points to get the Koko european tour ending but I don't have that
I'm pretty sure it's only possible if you do a playthrough where you ignore every single girl that isn't Melody.

Reactions: Enough and Lito69
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes