Mod Ren'Py Mech Academy Multi-Mod [v0.4.21][RiamMar]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

xizaaR

Mar 29, 2022
Mod version 0.4.12 crashes my game on startup with a traceback error. Tried multiple links to dl the mod.

Call of Booty

Mar 21, 2020
Here's the mod download I just tested. Maybe there's something wrong with the download?
Attention when having the old mod installed. You have to remove the old mod folder first, before installing this version.
Now we talking! You're the best and fastest (y)

Reactions: RiamMar

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge One Hand Clapping
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Here you go. Game works fine without the mod.
Okay,

check that there is another game folder in your game folder. My assumption right now is, that you copied the content of the archive, which is the game folder, into the game folder. So basically, doubled.

If there's a folder called "game" in the folder called "game". See if there's only a "mod" folder in it.

If that's the case, delete both, that second "game" folder in the game folder, as well as the "mod" folder and install the mod again, so that there's a mod folder in the game folder but not "game/game/mod" but only "game/mod".

Hope that's understandable. My brain hurts a bit right now. :-|

Edit: If there's more in that second game folder it's probably a good idea to make a clean fresh install of the game and mod, since there shouldn't be another game folder.

xizaaR

Mar 29, 2022
Okay,

check that there is another game folder in your game folder. My assumption right now is, that you copied the content of the archive, which is the game folder, into the game folder. So basically, doubled.

If there's a folder called "game" in the folder called "game". See if there's only a "mod" folder in it.

If that's the case, delete both, that second "game" folder in the game folder, as well as the "mod" folder and install the mod again, so that there's a mod folder in the game folder but not "game/game/mod" but only "game/mod".

Hope that's understandable. My brain hurts a bit right now. :-|

Edit: If there's more in that second game folder it's probably a good idea to make a clean fresh install of the game and mod, since there shouldn't be another game folder.
Wow, I guess I might just actually be a little retarded. Yeah that did the trick. Thanks for that one hahaha.

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Wow, I guess I might just actually be a little retarded. Yeah that did the trick. Thanks for that one hahaha.
No worries

this-isnt-the-first-time-derek-muller.gif
and it won't be the last time this happens. :ROFLMAO:

Have fun.

Reactions: xizaaR

blueballer

Jun 24, 2020
I'm getting these at almost every choice. I can choose "ignore" and game on, but I think some choices still get locked away, due to values not being updated correctly. Here's a screenshot:

1709364179213.png

The mod should be installed correctly, I hope you can help =)

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
I'm getting these at almost every choice. I can choose "ignore" and game on, but I think some choices still get locked away, due to values not being updated correctly. Here's a screenshot:

View attachment 3402190

The mod should be installed correctly, I hope you can help =)
Yeah I could probably patch this, but this a game bug. My mod doesn't touch that variable in any way. :-|

They switch between that variable being a counter for success and then finally swapping to use it as "True/False" for use in later chapters. I will forward the error message to the devs.

This looks almost like the game still has the value of a previous playthrough, for some reason I don't understand. In theory it's defaulted to 0...

Do you know how to use the console? You can patch it yourself in the dialogue line before or while the choices are displayed. Here's a step-by-step instruction on how to do it:
  1. Copy the attached file into your game folder.
  2. While the choices are shown, press [Shift][O] (uppercase O).
    • A grey-ish screen should overlay the screen and show "Ren'Py script disabled".
  3. Now, depending on which path you want to take:
    • Type "cap_03_sc_07_sari_sex = 2" for sex with Sari at the bar.
    • Type "cap_03_sc_07_sari_sex = 0" for no sex with Sari at the bar.
    • Only copy the coloured text, not the quotation marks and to confirm hit enter after pasting it into the console.
  4. Press [Esc] to close the console.
  5. Profit!
Hope that helps.

blueballer

Jun 24, 2020
(awesome advice)
Hope that helps.
Thanks a lot! That was some quality help! I did sort of wonder why certain stats were to be written to, but none found.
In all honesty, though, I think I'll prefer to wait for the devs to take note of your report of the issue and sort things out, rather than mucking about with code and stuff. I think I'm more liable to accidentally launch SkyNet, than apply your fix ;-)

• Haha

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Thanks a lot! That was some quality help! I did sort of wonder why certain stats were to be written to, but none found.
In all honesty, though, I think I'll prefer to wait for the devs to take note of your report of the issue and sort things out, rather than mucking about with code and stuff. I think I'm more liable to accidentally launch SkyNet, than apply your fix ;-)
If there's nothing they can do about it, I will see that I can make you a non-intrusive patch. It's a relatively weird bug that I can't even reproduce with either loading the game or skipping through from the beginning, so I'm not sure what they can do more than what I suggested them as a fix. That would require you continuing from an earlier save though, from before you went to the bar.

We will see :D

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
well i tried the mod putting the mod folder in the games game folder.
everthing works fine no errors or whatever.

but i recommend to delete all old saves used without mod and start a new game with the mod installed that prevents getting errors when using saves played without mod.

thanks for the mod btw.. (y)

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
well i tried the mod putting the mod folder in the games game folder.
everthing works fine no errors or whatever.
Glad to hear it works without problems for you.
but i recommend to delete all old saves used without mod and start a new game with the mod installed that prevents getting errors when using saves played without mod.
Not sure where that recommendation comes from, but as a general advise for mod uses that has turth to it.
thanks for the mod btw.. (y)
You're welcome. :)

Reactions: Steinchen

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
Glad to hear it works without problems for you.

Not sure where that recommendation comes from, but as a general advise for mod uses that has turth to it.

You're welcome. :)
played many games without mod and installed a mod later on.
at some a few errors came and others had no problems with the no mod saves.
just my mind speaking with the recommendation :)

ViperGts151

You don’t like me? Fine. Don’t waste my time then.
Donor
Jan 15, 2018
RiamMar I've not long posted links to version 0.4.15 in the game thread when your ready to update the mod

ArunPrime

Nov 5, 2022
Hello RiamMar,
first of all Thanks for the updates :love:
Today i tried without the "loadable fix for JoiPlay" in this update [0.4.15].
it's actually worked like we usually play in pc.
No errors.

Also It's a same JoiPlay and Ren'py version I'm usually playing.
I Just thought let you know...

I hope this not change in future updates :)

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Hello RiamMar,
first of all Thanks for the update so far :love:
Today i tried without the "loadable fix for JoiPlay" in this update [0.4.15].
it's actually worked like we usually play in pc.
No errors.

It's a same JoiPlay and renpy version I'm usually playing. I just thought let you know...

I hope this not change in future updates :)
Hey there,

I added a bit of code that checks the Ren'Py version, since that's the culprit (JoiPlay uses a more recent Ren'Py version by default), and depending on that a different renpy.loadable function is used.
So... the JoiPlay fix is there only for the 0.4.0 Steam version and won't be needed in future releases of any of my mods anymore. (Just need to remember to add it to my other mods when I update them :D) Maybe should make that more clear somewhere. :)

Thanks for checking in though. <3

ArunPrime

Nov 5, 2022
Hey there,

I added a bit of code that checks the Ren'Py version, since that's the culprit (JoiPlay uses a more recent Ren'Py version by default), and depending on that a different renpy.loadable function is used.
So... the JoiPlay fix is there only for the 0.4.0 Steam version and won't be needed in future releases of any of my mods anymore. (Just need to remember to add it to my other mods when I update them :D) Maybe should make that more clear somewhere. :)

Thanks for checking in though. <3
Thank you so much for considering JoiPlay users.
It's really useful, everyone can play your mods in mobile plus some extra features.

You are the best :love:

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes