3.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Shadowclonezero

Sep 21, 2017
Alright, so I finished playing the latest version of the game on patreon. I've gotta say the game is pretty decent and competently made, now I know the game is early in development but it is lacking in content and several areas could use improvement.

To start off, I highly recommend on implementing a save function as soon as possible as a lot of players don't enjoy having to start over every single time. The juicy content can always wait till later in development and updates.

Scene transitions such as going into character dialogue or sex scene are a little abrupt but its a minor issue.

Key bindings only work one way, when i switched cap locks to tab to open inventory, it will open the inventory but wont close the menu when pressed again.

A pop up notification to tell me what item(s) i picked up.

An indication of registering a hit against an enemy like a floating damage number would be helpful in combat.

An alternative way to pick up items instead of picking them up individually. Either by walking over them or having a larger hit-box to press collect since its a really small prompt for pickup.

Not everything in the game has hovering text over NPCs and doors or intractable objects to know what I can or can't interact with.

Bow and arrow aim reticle isn't accurate and shoots to the far right of the reticle.

Player Stats and weapon stats.

Ammo counter for how many arrows you have left when using the bow.

Possibly a harvesting ability with things to collect in the open world so the world doesn't feel barren or desolate.

This isn't necessary since I'm not sure if the mazes are procedurally generated, but one thing that would make things a lot more player friendly is having a consumable item like a blank paper/papyrus that can be used once during a maze run to help map out a maze, however once a maze is completed or abandoned it is discarded and the player will be forced to buy another blank paper/papyrus map.

Other than that, there's not much else I can complain about since it's still early on in development. I'm interested in seeing where the game goes and hope to see more content in the future.
This is a legit question, not just shit talking..

so first, I am interested in the gameplay.. so that seems a plus already..

my question is about the sex part.. it looks boring/bland from the screenshot, so I'm curious about it..

what's your take on it? you seem to have taken the time to really look at the game..

Krikit

Jul 23, 2017
So.... Did anyone found gingers and brown mushrooms for elf's quest? I can't seem to find them.

AlexWingace

Jun 30, 2017
Please, for the love of god, fix it so it doesn't auto-start SteamVR upon launch. It's literally ONE OPTION and Unreal Devs forget to check is ALL THE TIME.
I wasn't even aware this had VR until i went to start it, since it's not tagged as VR, but for me it doesn't even work. The setting for toggling VR is greyed out, even when it forcibly turned my VR on. But me (and probably a lot of others) likely will want to play this OUT of VR, so just make it not auto-run SteamVR.

I know there is a .bat for launching it without it, but seriously, it's a singular option that YOU check when making the build. It's annoying that devs just don't pay attention to it, even when the game doesn't support VR.

Canade

Sep 26, 2018
This is why I only buy complete games now. Too many games getting abandoned and too much focus on patreon subscriptions.

Drabel

Game Developer
May 16, 2020
Please, for the love of god, fix it so it doesn't auto-start SteamVR upon launch. It's literally ONE OPTION and Unreal Devs forget to check is ALL THE TIME.
I wasn't even aware this had VR until i went to start it, since it's not tagged as VR, but for me it doesn't even work. The setting for toggling VR is greyed out, even when it forcibly turned my VR on. But me (and probably a lot of others) likely will want to play this OUT of VR, so just make it not auto-run SteamVR.

I know there is a .bat for launching it without it, but seriously, it's a singular option that YOU check when making the build. It's annoying that devs just don't pay attention to it, even when the game doesn't support VR.
Unfortunly its more complex then one option, In most cases it works, but as you can see, not every time, that's why I added bat file. It is probably triggered by one of the plugins but I needed them for testing.

Project Settings.png
also thanks to Nova_eXelon for suggestion it

So.... Did anyone found gingers and brown mushrooms for elf's quest? I can't seem to find them.
Mostly possible to find in the wild, added just a bit too few of them.

2023-08-01 20_02_56-Mazex - Unreal Editor.png 2023-08-01 20_02_18-Mazex - Unreal Editor.png

This is a legit question, not just shit talking..

so first, I am interested in the gameplay.. so that seems a plus already..

my question is about the sex part.. it looks boring/bland from the screenshot, so I'm curious about it..

what's your take on it? you seem to have taken the time to really look at the game..
All animations I wanted to rework after finishing the main mechanics, I have seen more popular games with poorer animations but if you are mainly interested in this part I wouldn't recommend it.

One thing I'd suggest is not using the same model for interactable items as non interactable items. There are some sticks that you can pick up and some that you can't, but they look the same. Same thing with the mushrooms. You should be able to see an item from a distance and know it's worth running over to to collect it because of previous experiences.

The range of the sword is a bit misleading as well. It seems to be about 2 feet, you should be pretty safe dealing with zombies with the way they attack currently (Stopping a foot away from you and swinging) but the range ends up seeming almost the same with it as the zombie attack. If possible, it might be better if the zombies lunge at you with their attacks and the sword can strike enemies from further away. Right now it seems like your sword doesn't really "exist" or give you any kind of advantage. You can give the player and the zombie their own advantages to balance them out and make them feel unique. The sword range lacking is really painfully apparent against the treants in particular. It feels like it should be hitting from a foot away but it doesn't. You need to get close enough to kiss him to actually strike him, lol.

The skele archers are broken atm, they can no scope you at close range. Kind of the whole playstyle/balance of archers is they should be weaker in close range than at a distance, but you actually have to fight them similar to other enemies. Attack and then back up or they will guaranteed hit you. I was expecting to be able to circle them and strike them repeatedly but their random bullshit targeting with their arrows means they'll still hit you. They need some balancing/maybe ai changes to make them try to stay away from you or something, and maybe a melee attack.

The elf Maya speaking doesn't show her name during dialogue. It makes it seem like the MC is the one talking the whole time.

So we can't activate any of the waypoints outside the town yet? That sucks.

The "Entering water blur" starts when your feet touch the water, it should start when your head is submerged.

Having to press a hotkey and then activate it with E is a rather weird choice, why doesn't the hotkey just automatically use the consumable? I'm already having trouble with F being the collect key instead of E, and it seems like changing that in the controls doesn't work right now. Then I have to worry about deselecting the consumables or using them whenever I try to press those buttons.

Little gripe, but the player "Being hit" sound doesn't feel like it matches the MC, it's too "gruff", dude sounds like an orc. From the dialogue he apparently just finished his warrior training, so he's probably pretty young. Something a bit higher pitch seems like it'd fit better.
Thank you for the feedback and suggestions given, really appreciate it, unfortunately I won't be able to implement it

so how do i actually get into the maze, it say " cant open the gate yet" all the time.
You need to find key first.

So how do i trigger Maya's H-Scene. When i interact with her all she does is clap
Unfortunately I haven't finished the animation for cow girl, all she do is hanging around, she will clap after spamming interaction.

After interacting with Maya at her home, a dialogue should appear.

Oh boy I sure do hope this one doesn't turn out like R-Life.

But to be honest, this game looks great and I'll probably keep coming back to check on it every now and then in the next 3 years.
Sry, I'd rather end it now than lie about it over and over again.

Last edited:

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Thank you for the feedback and suggestions given, really appreciate it, unfortunately I won't be able to implement it
Yeah rip, found the game here for the first time and it's canceled a few days later lol. Well, good luck on future projects if you have any plans for other games.

Reactions: Drabel

Matsu-Taka

Sep 20, 2020
What ?
ABANDONED ...are you serious right about now ??

...sigh...
Well, there goes another good-rated game into dust :cry:

Metropolisz

♂Deep♂Dark♂Fantasy♂
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Oh boy I sure do hope this one doesn't turn out like R-Life.

But to be honest, this game looks great and I'll probably keep coming back to check on it every now and then in the next 3 years.
What ?
ABANDONED ...are you serious right about now ??

...sigh...
Well, there goes another good-rated game into dust :cry:

WELL THIS ONE TOOK A LOT LESS TIME THAN R-LIFE LMAO

• Haha
Reactions: Matsu-Taka

DocRipper

Dec 27, 2021
Honestly,I'm glad that Drabel is fair dev and ended the game with dignity. There aren't many developers like that.
Comparing it to R-Life makes no sense at all.

But it's a shame. Mazex was just starting to look like a good game. Open-world gave it a whole new dimension.

Sep 25, 2022
Somehow this game got another update just a few weeks ago (A new female enemy got added). Doesn't mean the game is fully revived, but it's just that the updates will come in much slower.

Reactions: DocRipper

Jeidoz

Donor
Feb 4, 2020
Why game marked as abandoned, if 0.60 has been released 3 days ago on Patreon?

DocRipper

Dec 27, 2021
Why game marked as abandoned, if 0.60 has been released 3 days ago on Patreon?
Yes, that's just true that it wasn't updated on F95, which is why it's marked here as abandoned.
Yeah. This game seems to be forgotten. Drabel officially canceled the development of this game, that's why the Abandoned prefix came immediately. However, after some time he started releasing new builds again in absolute silence.

screenshot-drabel.itch.io-2024-04-03-14-25-49.png :sneaky:

Last edited:

Jeidoz

Donor
Feb 4, 2020
Idk what has happen early, I got news about game update from post in r/lewdgames

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes