Man of the House: Walkthrough & FAQ Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Thanks. Yes I ran the game from the command line and can see the problem:
Code:
winegstreamer error: decodebin3: Your GStreamer installation is missing a plug-in.
winegstreamer error: decodebin3: ../gst/playback/gstdecodebin2.c(4705): gst_decode_bin_expose (): /GstBin:bin3/GstDecodeBin:decodebin3:
no suitable plugins found:
Missing decoder: H.264 (High Profile) (video/x-h264, stream-format=(string)avc, alignment=(string)au, level=(string)4, profile=(string)high, codec_data=(buffer)01640028ffe1001b67640028acd940780227e5c044000003000400000300f03c60c65801000568ebe72c8b, width=(int)1920, height=(int)1080, framerate=(fraction)30/1, pixel-aspect-ratio=(fraction)1/1)
but disabling winegstreamer.dll in winecfg, causes the game to hang on startup with a weird checkerboard pattern. I'll keep trying but might have to give up on this one :(
You're welcome. If worst comes to worst, you could always run the game through a Windows VM, though it may run a bit slow. If you do decide to go the VM route, I would recommend Windows 10. There are a couple of files you'd need, of course, but if that's the route you want to try, let me know and I'll get the two links for you.... actually, IIRC, I think I included those for the Windows installation. They were DirectX 9 and the Visual C++ Redistributable runtimes. There should be links to both in the guide.

Last edited:

Caleb So

Dec 6, 2023
Hi, these questions might have already been answered. I am currently stuck on Claire and Veronica. Claire I can only get halfway through massaging her legs event. After I take her to bed I can only move her robe down a little, I can't take it all the way.

With Veronica, I'm stuck on I wonder if she’s really not going to wear any panties to work, I should spy on her when she’s getting ready. I went there at the right time and I haven't unlocked the picture, so I guess I can't go to the club then? Pls help !!

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
Hi, these questions might have already been answered. I am currently stuck on Claire and Veronica. Claire I can only get halfway through massaging her legs event. After I take her to bed I can only move her robe down a little, I can't take it all the way.

With Veronica, I'm stuck on I wonder if she’s really not going to wear any panties to work, I should spy on her when she’s getting ready. I went there at the right time and I haven't unlocked the picture, so I guess I can't go to the club then? Pls help !!
I would look through walkthrough number 2 in OP and search for terms like massage, on the veronica one, maybe club or panties. It's been a few years, so I think I'll redownload and play through, but in the meantime. This is your best bet for finding your answer.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018

For Claire, please attach your save and I'll take a look for you.

For Veronica, the hint will reset if you don't go to Neon that night and see her by herself. So you may need to give her a chore at 10, take her to your room at noon and order her to take her panties off (even though they are already in your inventory), go to her room at 23:00, then go to Neon at midnight.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
@ Sycho, let me know if this works
For Claire's hint, it says, "It seems she was really fast asleep when I took her to bed, after her footrub.". And for Veronica, her hint says, "Maybe I can get her to take off her underwear again.". Are those the hints you're seeing?

Reactions: TheDevian

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Ok, first off, I would recommend locking your mood bar so you won't have to worry about managing that. Click the man in the black hat on your phone, then click "Max" and toggle the lock.

Now, for Claire's hint, go into her bedroom at midnight. That will be the start of her Nightcrawler chain event. You won't be able to do anything with her at the moment because her love points need to be at 10.
For Veronica's hint, give her a chore at 10, check on her at noon, order her to take off her panties, spy on her at 23:00 while she's getting ready for work, then go upstairs at Neon at midnight and you will see her sitting alone.

Caleb So

Dec 6, 2023
Ok, first off, I would recommend locking your mood bar so you won't have to worry about managing that. Click the man in the black hat on your phone, then click "Max" and toggle the lock.

Now, for Claire's hint, go into her bedroom at midnight. That will be the start of her Nightcrawler chain event. You won't be able to do anything with her at the moment because her love points need to be at 10.
For Veronica's hint, give her a chore at 10, check on her at noon, order her to take off her panties, spy on her at 23:00 while she's getting ready for work, then go upstairs at Neon at midnight and you will see her sitting alone.

thanks for help, appreciate it.

Reactions: Sycho
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote